BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of Steve Kean, Nzonzis performances in the run up that season, Fulham Swansea and WBA I think (long time ago) left a bad taste in the mouth for me.

He was a talent, another scoop by rovers scouts-league 2 French league! When he left us it was as if we owed him not vice versa. Obviously playing for the fat bald moron can't have been pleasant but he effectively gave up on the club.

For that, regardless of his ability- he ain't welcome at this club in my eyes. Another who went to the press to find a way to any club who would pay what we wanted- shows a distinct lack of ambition as a footballer to me- similarly to Martin Olsson- funny how he's back at our level!

Also the comparison is ridiculous. Roy Keane was a nasty bugger, didn't take any nonsense and lacked class as in technique and humanity. Nzonzi has nowhere near the evil streak, and often came across as a petulant spoilt brat. Nzonzi never a captain in my eyes, and the way Roy left Man united was rather acrimonious considering he was a "legend"

If the "lamped Steve Kean" story was true, then he at least contributed in one way that final season. When we lacked leadership and expertise, the last thing we needed was quality players downing tools.

Seems all the French players couldn't stand Coco after he did the dirty on EHD. Samba never seemed to accept him and N'Zonzi must have hated him with a vengeance to stick one on him. Personally I couldn't stand to see Kean on the touchline after all the crooked issues from early doors and stopped going to Ewood at the end of 2010/11 so tbh I can quite understand N'Zonzi not wanting to play for him. We only know one half rem but the players were exposed to the evil regime full on. Remember that season how many players played well or scored and were dropped the week after? Difficult to comprehend even now (unless avoiding relegation at Wolves was seen as a major 'fail' by Dastardly and Muttley for their own reasons) but how can that inspire loyalty?

Seems all the French players couldn't stand Coco after he did the dirty on EHD. Samba never seemed to accept him and N'Zonzi must have hated him with a vengeance to stick one on him. Personally I couldn't stand to see Kean on the touchline after all the crooked issues from early doors and stopped going to Ewood at the end of 2010/11 so tbh I can quite understand N'Zonzi not wanting to play for him. We only know one half rem but the players were exposed to the beny regime full on. Remember that season how many players played well or scored and were dropped the week after? Difficult to comprehend even now (unless avoiding relegation at Wolves was seen as a major 'fail' by Dastardly and Muttley for their own reasons) but how can that inspire loyalty?

The EHD thing seemed to be swept under the carpet somehow. His departure left a really nasty taste in my mouth. Colin W's tirade was complete bollux and, despite EHD's bling/ tastelessness, he had turned in some very good performances for the team.

Am I right in thinking senior players got big, new contracts to buy their silence/quell their protests?...hence Roberts' messages to decent supporters on 606?...If I am wrong about the last bit, maybe I'll stop the kids turning off the telly, whenever he comes on!

The EHD thing seemed to be swept under the carpet somehow. His departure left a really nasty taste in my mouth. Colin W's tirade was complete bollux and, despite EHD's bling/ tastelessness, he had turned in some very good performances for the team.

Am I right in thinking senior players got big, new contracts to buy their silence/quell their protests?...hence Roberts' messages to decent supporters on 606?...If I am wrong about the last bit, maybe I'll stop the kids turning off the telly, whenever he comes on!

They did. Samba, Nelsen and Dunny were all rewarded with lucrative new contracts in Jan 2011 if reports are to be believed. Whether any others got them I don't know. Colin's sewer rat comment was a convenient excuse for our management to get rid of Sam's No 1 man in the squad.

Even more mystefying is how the press never 'gave it' Colin when he subsequently signed EHD for Leeds. What an opportunity for some reporters / editors that he had wronged to stick the knife in. Somehow it never happened.

They did. Samba, Nelsen and Dunny were all rewarded with lucrative new contracts in Jan 2011 if reports are to be believed. Whether any others got them I don't know. Colin's sewer rat comment was a convenient excuse for our management to get rid of Sam's No 1 man in the squad.

Even more mystefying is how the press never 'gave it' Colin when he subsequently signed EHD for Leeds. What an opportunity for some reporters / editors that he had wronged to stick the knife in. Somehow it never happened.

Dead right. The Leeds signing got no air time at all. Don't suppose Colin had a certain agent?

My lad went to the Leeds game the season before last and tried to argue that EHD missed a sitter in front of Rovers fans on purpose.... out of respect!

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/230574/rate-hughes-2013-14-season?page=1

Pretty strong praise for Hughes. I'm glad he's repaired his reputation after QPR.

Little bit of bias but I've always liked and rated Sparky.

Good, solid manager - I also believe most managers in their career have a 'rough patch' and that needs to be taken into account when judging them (ie. No one is perfect).

They were only gracious because we prevented United from winning it.

Can't stand them.

They are United's enemy and my enemy's enemy is my friend.

• Moderation Lead

They are United's enemy and my enemy's enemy is my friend.

I'm not big on either to be honest. Fans of both in a Rovers catchment area is always something that grates.

Was totally crapped off with the way N'Zonzi was treated by the clown. And the fee was way less than it should have been.

What a way to "run" a football club.

Nzonzi could play alright. We just never made the most of him. I had issues with his attitude at times but then again I wasn't privy to what was going on behind the scenes. You couldn't fail to see his potential while he was a Ewood. He had what it takes to be a poor mans Viera and that would have been good enough for me.

• Backroom

Rumours that Villa have already been sold. Lerner mustt have known for months he was going to get rid of the club, I imagine a final sale was dependant on them surviving in the prem. He'll make one hell of a loss, regardless.

Rumours that Villa have already been sold. Lerner mustt have known for months he was going to get rid of the club, I imagine a final sale was dependant on them surviving in the prem. He'll make one hell of a loss, regardless.

The more foreign owners that make a loss the better it will be in the long run.

If you kill yourself, its suicide!!! If you kill someone else, its homicide!!! If you kill loads of people, its genocide!!!! If you haven't won a title in 24 years, its merseyside!!!!! :D

Its a cracker

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That has got to go in the message board gold

It's just the way it is isn't it. A team like Spurs will always lose their best players also.

People say that Eriksen was the only decent signing out of the seven they bought with the Bale money and he'll probably be off himself this summer to play in the Champions League.

Southampton just need to spend the money they get wisely. And pick the right appointment.

This is why FFP is **** because a S'oton will never be able to have enough money to hold on to their best players.

Only Utd, City, Chelsea, Bayern, Madrid etc will.

FFP is in place to keep the big clubs at the top and not allow smaller clubs into the elite of football

FFP rules are a load of crap and in place cos the big clubs want them in place and UEFA wanted the bigger clubs in their competitions because they will generated more income for UEFA.

this is why I am very much against them.

A smaller club will never win the Champion league cos that not what they want to happen.

I really don't see what they problem if an owner wants too invest their own money into a football club and take it the top of football like Man City owners have or Jack Walker did with Rovers.

Archived