BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew... 3rd in league.

2nd, isn't it? That's what the BBC is saying on their table.

Could be the highest we sit all season. But the fact we have been poor in all three games yet won is demonstrating we have the cutting edge of class that means we can do well in this league if the team starts playing well as a whole. Of course, that would only seem likely if Keanochio goes. Which won't happen whilst we eke out results like this.

Rochina should be starting all the time.....we looked so much more threatening once he came on.....Givet is a rock but I prefer him with the beard.....Dann was lucky we won but apart from the slip up I can't remember him doing anything else bad......Ribeiro played well I thought and he got the MOTM hahaha.......Marcus Olsson had a pretty good game....he does have the physical attributes just not so much the football brain.....having experienced players like Murphy is very beneficial when holding on to a lead.

We were lucky tho....I would be pretty annoyed if I was a Leicester fan.......we're 3rd in the table behind Blackpool and Sheff Wed

This result just serves to give Kean more time, I don't care I'm going to say it. I was supporting Leicester in that last 20. We were quite frankly awful. A disgrace and it's not the players fault. Lowe at right mid? Pedersen scored a lovely goal but that is literally all he did bar a decent run. Edinho was awul. I was so appalled by our performance I felt it would be an injustice for us to go on and win the game, that's why I wanted Leicester to win. KEAN OUT

Three matches with three poor performances but 7 points. What a bizarre feeling. I have no idea what to think but it delights me to see the six fingered-Freddies down near the bottom where they belong.

Ha! Rhodes scored as well :tu:

We're winning despite Kean. Having a couple of premiership players in the team is making the difference but we look very shaky. Winning and playing badly isn't a bad habit but it won't continue if we're that poor in possession. Murphy and Etuhu look like they're trying to do the right things but the side isn't balanced at the moment. I dont know what Edinho was doing. If it was the league cup, fine, lets experiment, but not in the league.

We were lucky tho....I would be pretty annoyed if I was a Leicester fan.......we're 3rd in the table behind Blackpool and Sheff Wed

Was this luck ?

Yes we played poorly - but from what I have read our defenders (incl Dann with the exception of the back pass) and goalkeeper all had good matches. We pay a small fortune to have possibly the best goal keeper in this league - and in Givet arguably the best defender - does this make us lucky ?

What I agree with - this can't continue - as we can't rely on our defence to keep getting us out of trouble. I would be curious as to how deep we played today - watching against Hull I felt we always played far too deep - this being half the problem. In theory we have arguably the best centre midfield pairing in the division and yet it hasn't looked like it yet - tactics must surely play a part in this (as well as strange team selections).

Individually we looked better than Leicester but collectively we were a timid mess, especially in the first half. Leicester could/should have scored 3-4 goals, three Robinson saves, a disallowed goal and Murphy off the line clearance.

Rochina glued the whole team together though when he came on and it led to the second goal. Our better quality showed in the end despite some dodgy Kean selections/formation.

its a good job that the standard of finishing is so poor in this league or we would have been dead and buried nice to see "steves good team"only shipped 6 this week

Steve's good team (as you call them) were playing against a Blackpool team who are playing their best football for years. We are lucky that we don't play them until later in the season.

Probably the most undeserving 3 points I can remember for some time. Great to have 7 points but surely go with rochina and goodwillie from the off when we are short of firepower? Makes no sense, like the club as a whole right now.

Rochina made an impact when coming on so I'm sure kean will take credit for that but really he should have started.

Absolutely made up for our little cult hero Bruno ribeiro, he can clearly do a job at this level, maybe as a right winger though.

Glad Gomes got a goal, he will do a job for the team this season I'm sure.

Despite the positive of being unbeaten and 2 home wins in a row, rovers are clearly living on borrowed time the way they are playing under kean, next weekend will be even tougher than today IMO.

Overall a pretty poor performance, but a good 3 points and now a good start to the season.

We were lucky not to go behind and we basically scored two goals out of nothing and only had one other real chance and that came right at the death.

Still of the opinion that we have the ability to win this league, there just aren't that many good teams in this league.

Rochina gave away the ball every time he touched it in the last 10 mins. Having said that his energy did change the flow of the game. Goodwillie was just as disappointing as when I saw him in preseason. A new striker can't come soon enough.

Never thought I would say this but Bruno actually looked a really good player and rightfully got MOTM in my opinion. Rochina was the game changer though playing in behind Goodwillie. As soon as he came on he picked up little pockets of space and knocked some delightful passes around. He always wanted the ball at his feet and constantly looked to drive us forward. We were a different team when he was on the pitch. IMO the team should be built around him.

Have to say also Dann and Givet looked solid in defence. Dann's only mistake all match was his mishit backpass which unfortunately led to the goal but other than that he looked solid and composed.

As a whole though, I thought we were slow and lacklustre. Leicester had so much energy about them, constantly closing players down quickly and winning the second ball. We had no drive in midfield until Rochina came on when there was more urgency and more willingness from him which seem to invigorate other players. There was too much of a gap between the midfield and Edinho in the first half. Gomes was pretty quiet until his goal. He didn't get onto the ball enough and attack Leicester. Also Lowe is definitely not a right midfielder but the second half seemed better when him and Bruno were switched.

We were outplayed by Leicester for the whole match and lucky to come away with the 3 points but, at the end of the day, football is about who puts the ball in the net and I'm happy with the win despite the performance.

Did Rochina play behind the striker or on the wing?

Behind Goodwillie. Not sure Rochina played as well as everyone is making out, there two instances where he took totally the wrong decision, and the Pedersen assist was a scewed shot I think. Still he's a great option from the bench, but I prefer Nuno Gomes in that position from what I've seen.

Goodwillie played quite well when he came on and was unfortunate not to score. I don't think our striking options are as bad as we all think. Nuno Gomes and Rochina are excellent options as the support striker, and Goodwillie can do a job until Kazim-Richards comes back...then Best will be back in January. I'd rather we added some pace to the wings because we're so pedestrian going forward.

we still haven't played one of the top teams yet, Ipswich are bottom table and leicester are midtable clubs, yet they both had more chances to score but both clubs where missing a good finisher.

Leicester is FAR FAR from a mid table club. They will be up there by the end of the season, if not winning the league. They have splashed the cash and are most pundits tip to win the league so this was a tough test. No doubt about that. To which I think we FAILED BADLY. We are winning here DESPITE Kean, not because of him. If we had a manager like Holloway or Curbishley we would walk this league and most probably get 100+ points like Newcastle did. Our players are far far better than anyone's in the league. Kean is just bringing us down to Championship level. Wonder how long till Murphy smacks Kean for being so ######.

Archived