BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

goodwillie

The question has to be asked why did Kean go to such lengths to sign him then never give him a decent run of games ? He may have been a bit out of his depth in the Prem but don't forget he was often played out of position when he got on the pitch. At this level i think if he gets chances he will score but sadly even if he plays we never create much with the system coco has adopted. All this considered it was another strange signing that benefited who exactly ?

Feel sorry for Willie.

Okay, he may be overweight and disinterested but that's symptomatic of the current regime. Kean clearly picks his favourites and Willie clearly isn't one of them if the rumour that he was one of Vineeth's signings is to be believed.

I'm convinced Willie could do a job in this league. You only have to look at his success in the league cup last season to know he's capable of mixing it with teams outside of the Prem.

It must be pretty galling to know that when you're up against MK Dons, Kean picks an 18-year-old Portuguese lightweight that has only played 45 minutes of football in the UK before last night. It just doesn't make sense.

We have a number of players that you can see desperately want a change in regime. It's written all over their faces. They're just going through the motions at the moment - and rather fortuitously at that.

If we sacked Kean tomorrow and replaced him with a manager that's got half an ounce of common sense, we would become a team that is capable of ripping the opposition apart overnight. The shot in the arm for the players would be that dramatic.

Unfortunately, we're lumbered with Kean for the forseeable future and therefore the squad of surpressed players will continue to be mediocre.

It's a sad reality.

Goodwillie should be starting every game in the absence of Kazim-Richards, I'm not surprised he's had enough.

He's not the prettiest to watch and will always be held back by the lack of any standout physical attribute, but he does have something about him. You could tell he was rusty as hell against Leicester but still managed to turn a defender inside out and was unlucky not to score. Comes on against MK Dons and makes a difference again.

I assumed there was a fitness reason why Edinho was being selected ahead of him, but it appears from his comments that isn't the case.

Theirs some narrow minded hypocrites on here, some of the comments above slating Goodwillie are pathetic and completely non-football related, hes just a young lad whos been in a few scrapes when he was playing in Scotland, since moving here hes been as professional as any other young footballer, and when he gets game time he usual looks dangerous and lively(or at least more so than any other centre forward we have!), there is no reason on earth why Ediniho was picked ahead of him it was a totally disrespectful decision by scumbag kean(which is where all the blame should be going).

It is a basic requirement of professional football to be able to run. Is that football related enough for you?

The issue isn't whether he is any better than Edinho... :blink: The issue is whether he is any good at all.

Fan judgements on the abilities of our players make me laugh. The playing quality of our squad has been downsized in all areas and DG is just another example of that strategy. Baby-lining, head down striker that needs the whole team working hard to fashion chances just for him, while he waddles around bemoaning the quality of passes.

The simple reason others get picked ahead of him is because they can run and for longer than 15 minutes as well. Yet another unprofessional chancer getting rich at the Rovers.

Players need time in the team to show ability..... not 5 mins here and there!!! Thats at all levels, including some of the best strikers in world. Lets be honest, the reason hes not playing him is because he's not one of "keans signings". Feel sorry for the lad.

I assumed there was a fitness reason why Edinho was being selected ahead of him, but it appears from his comments that isn't the case.

Rochina publicly said he was fit before the Ipswich game, yet Kean said yesterday he was injured.

To be fair he does look a lot trimmer than he has done in the past, he just has that short stocky barrel chested bodytype(dunn, gascoigne, rooney, me!) that makes him look like hes carrying more weight than he actually is. It just seems with certain players it doesnt matter how hard they work in training or how profesional they are they just dont get any respect from the crooked scottish slimeball.

The issue isn't whether he is any better than Edinho... :blink: The issue is whether he is any good at all.

that actually is the precise issue!!!,

and he has shown he can do a good job, "cant run"- 50% of centre forwards cant run well(he scores when given the chance, thats all the matters), you just seem to have a narrow minded view of what a centre forward should be like(its the FM effect). I imagine you would like a team full of Theo Walcotts(he's just a pampered athelete,he can run all day long but has the footballing brain of an hampster)

Edited by hardly1980

Well no one comes out of this smelling of roses. In fact it's a poor do all round - unsuprising given our current situation.

Goodwillie has been crap for us. Ok he's been played out of position a lot and not had a decent run in the team, but whenever I've seen him he's looked slow to the point of stationary, with little nous, not great technique and so unfit it's untrue. Added to his alleged antics on nights out - both here and before he came - it's hardly a resounding endorsement to play the lad. In any other time I'd say get shot of the lad. Not good enough and not worth the aggro.

Having said all of that, even with these limitations it's not like we've loads of players better in his position.This if nothing else states what a shambles we've become. Despite all my reservations Goodwillie certainly is better than some lightweight, inexperienced no-mark from portugal, and that's obvious for all to see. 2 poor games from Edhino, an admission from the manager that Edhino isn't ready - yet still Goodwillie can't get ahead of him. It makes you wonder why? At best Kean is being incompetent, at it's worst i's deeply suspicious.

IMO some are unfairly critising Goodwillie. He is a penalty box poacher and nothing else.

I'm not convinced of his full abilities as he's barely been utilised as a CF.

When he played in his rightful position, albeit briefly, last season he scored goals.

Dont get me wrong- he's not the next Gary Lineker- but he's stood little chance being played out of position.

Left out to dry by Kean, for whatever reason.

I am annoyed that Goodwillie has never been given a proper chance. He showed his capabilities in the SPL and so is therefore more than capable of doing the same in the Championship. Fitness is a two way thing - if he was actually picked to play in some competitive football then his match fitness would increase and he wouldn't look so rusty. After his cameo against leicester he should have started last night instead of these Portugese no marks. I listened to Radio Lancs and they said he was a threat last night when he came on. Obviously he scored but he also shot from about 40 yards away and nearly scored.

He has also scored against the current world champions in a euro qualifier... Edinho plays like he hasnt scored a goal in a back garden.

Players need time in the team to show ability..... not 5 mins here and there!!! Thats at all levels, including some of the best strikers in world. Lets be honest, the reason hes not playing him is because he's not one of "keans signings". Feel sorry for the lad.

Wow. Whose signing then ?

that actually is the precise issue!!!,

and he has shown he can do a good job, "cant run"- 50% of centre forwards cant run well(he scores when given the chance, thats all the matters), you just seem to have a narrow minded view of what a centre forward should be like(its the FM effect). I imagine you would like a team full of Theo Walcotts(he's just a pampered athelete,he can run all day long but has the footballing brain of an hampster)

FM effect? Is that some little boys computer game? Pray tell when has DG shown he can do a good job?

50% of all strikers can't run? Ok mate, I will leave this conversation here as that is a bit silly to say the least. Imagining you know what I think is also childlike.

Like I say if you think DG is the answer, then bully for you, but I seriously beg to differ and the fact he has contributed so little at anytime since he came to the club tells its own story.

Wow. Whose signing then ?

You are being sarcastic right???

FM effect? Is that some little boys computer game? Pray tell when has DG shown he can do a good job?

50% of all strikers can't run? Ok mate, I will leave this conversation here as that is a bit silly to say the least. Imagining you know what I think is also childlike.

Like I say if you think DG is the answer, then bully for you, but I seriously beg to differ and the fact he has contributed so little at anytime since he came to the club tells its own story.

OK, You're one of those!

(onto the ignore list you go, along with you're selective memory and condescending arrogance).

Edited by hardly1980

You are being sarcastic right???

OK, You're one of those!

(onto the ignore list you go, along with you're selective memory and condescending arrogance).

Yeah I'm one of those that can think for themsleves and doesn't follow sheep like. What are you?

Ignore list? Deary me, I'm wounded and won't sleep well now tonight!

Guest Rovers4Good

Goodwillie is such a poor player and cannot believe we've signed him. He runs like a penguin and needs 3 hours on the ball before he gets it under control. :)

If should ediniho start is the question than Goodwilie should while he iis our only fit striker.

What do you mean in English speak please :rover:

Okay I get the idea, but really the lad from Portugal who by all accounts is dreadful, I reckon Goodwillie has a point, if only 75% fit he would be better than Ediniho. Goody probably needs to eat more sardines and speak Portuguese that would fox Coco. :wstu: (meaning Coco of course).

Edited by EgyptianPete

I don't thinks he's good enough, but feel sorry for him. He's getting the Salgado & Nelson treatment, completely frozen out.

No he's not. He's still had some game time at least. But if he wants first team football he may have to move.