BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

tomphil

That article is just Kean giving himself some leverage for when the results (not performances as they've already been poor enough) slump.

"Wer never saw the lads play"

The idiot takes away any leverage when he says "We feel as though we can improve any player that comes to the club and also integrate them as quickly as possible"

Having a whole season to "improve any player" didn't work out too well did it Mr.Kean. The improvements made to the likes Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Rochina, Formica, Anderson and the whole squad make relegation an improvement do they?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you've all got Kean wrong here, he brought Jones through the youth ranks and made him into the 20m player we sold to United don't forget :rock:

KEAN OUT

VENKYS OUT

AGNEW OUT

SINGH OUT

Not 1 single player has improved under Keans tenure, not 1 in my book, if anything they've gone backwards.

It is still baffling why the journo doesnt turn round and said. Go on then steve.... who? Who has improved? Its even more baffling why they give him the time of day.

Or go on steve... explain exactly what you are trying to do here.

Explain how you played well and dominated the game with 35 % possession and 0 shots

That article is just Kean giving himself some leverage for when the results (not performances as they've already been poor enough) slump.

"Wer never saw the lads play"

The Rosado one makes me wonder - did Kean not previously say he would go straight into the first team squad - strange for a player he hasn't seen before.

I can hear his phone call to Pune now "the bad performances have been entirely due to the three guys Shebby brought in" - and this will probably be without them even playing :-)

Normally I would be irate that someone could bring players into the club over the managers head. However the article proves that Singh does have more clout at the club than some posters were implying this morning.

If the team / signings start failing there will be a blame-off between the two camps but hopefully if Singh has had the power to spend big on Rhodes and bring in other players against Keans wishes, he may, just may, be able to oust Coco.

I have (seriously) had a bottle of something special waiting in the fridge for the day Kean does go and i will only worry about how a new manager could work under Shebby after that day has been and gone.

Which players have we improved?

Didnt you hear Kean is the man behind all our brilliant youth players over the years.. he even personally taught Shearer how to score..

As for the quotes, the bit I don't get is if he didnt see Sandomierski then what was Kean doing when the lad was over on trial.

I doubt he saw Myles play either, if he did he wouldn't have likened him to the next Chris Smalling. Either way, he didn't have a problem getting that rubbish in, so what has changed? Not "pressure" I hope? How will the poor guy cope?

You've obviously never seen 'that tackle' then Bob!!! People are still talking about it don't you know?!

Steve Kean said that all 3 of his deadline day signings were recommended by Shebby. And he has never seen them play, sorry if this has been mentioned.

I said a few days ago that Kean wasn't signing any players because he was brought in not as a manager, but as a coach. He's there basically because of his coaching abitities and the plan has always been to run the club on the cheap, buy young players and for Kean to develop them into assets worth millions. It's absolutely astonishing though, that he comes out and confirms it.

As for Shebby Singh scouting these players, I don't balieve that either. Someone in Portugal has made an absolute killing pushing young Portugese lads in the direction of BRFC. It's a disgraceful situation.

Not 1 single player has improved under Keans tenure, not 1 in my book, if anything they've gone backwards.

Simon had international renown prior to arriving under Kean.. Rochina was a regular Barca B player.... Dann was a highly regarded defender.. Petrovic was very highly regarded.. Formica had just broken into the Argentina squad..Goodwillie was cracking them in for fun in Scotland.. and as for those he didnt have a hand in signing.. ggrrrrr

I said a few days ago that Kean wasn't signing any players because he was brought in not as a manager, but as a coach. He's there basically because of his coaching abitities and the plan has always been to run the club on the cheap, buy young players and for Kean to develop them into assets worth millions. It's absolutely astonishing though, that he comes out and confirms it.

As for Shebby Singh scouting these players, I don't balieve that either. Someone in Portugal has made an absolute killing pushing young Portugese lads in the direction of BRFC. It's a disgraceful situation.

You would think they would learn that good managers produce good players. Holloway at Blackpool has made quite a bit of money from transfers. And closer to home look at how much we made from Hughes's players.

The Rosado one makes me wonder - did Kean not previously say he would go straight into the first team squad - strange for a player he hasn't seen before.

I can hear his phone call to Pune now "the bad performances have been entirely due to the three guys Shebby brought in" - and this will probably be without them even playing :-)

Wasn't the Polish keeper here on trial? I like Steve Keans comments on Rhodes when he signed though....

"Anybody who has seen Jordan play knows he can score a number of goals. And to be fair, the signings we've already made so far show where we want to go and how we want to play"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8034768/

Suppose he doesn't say he had personally seen him play....

I think what you are saying is more than plausible. Backs up early staements by venkys about young players etc. Yet they don't seem to realise that they could do that as well as having an experienced manager to manage the first team.

I think what you are saying is more than plausible. Backs up early staements by venkys about young players etc. Yet they don't seem to realise that they could do that as well as having an experienced manager to manage the first team.

They are well aware that it isn't just a manager they would need. Shebby mentioned at KGH that a manager would want to bring in his own people. Everything is down to money, money, money - and cheap, cheap, cheap.

Realistically the modern football manager doesn't do much coaching. They hand pick coaches to do the day to day training. Then the manager picks the team on a saturday using the coaches input along with their own experience.

Our situation is we have a fool trying to do all and take allteh credit where in fact I'm not even sure I believe he is a good coach to be honest.

I have (seriously) had a bottle of something special waiting in the fridge for the day Kean does go and i will only worry about how a new manager could work under Shebby after that day has been and gone.

Hopefully if a new manager does come in, then results would drastically improve, the new manager could convince them to hire a chairman or something and Venky's realised they might not need Shebby anymore.

This also fits in with Shebby's comments that he believes there is plenty of talent in the lower leagues around the world. Obviously there are plenty of agents quite happy to move these "talents" on to Shebby and Rovers. Did any of the young players' clubs in Portugal, stand in the way of the player? Apparently not, now I wonder why?

God help us.

I have the Stone Roses "Bye Bye Badman" ready to play on repeat!

They are well aware that it isn't just a manager they would need. Shebby mentioned at KGH that a manager would want to bring in his own people. Everything is down to money, money, money - and cheap, cheap, cheap.

But then why splash out £8 million on Rhodes, £3 million on Best and God knows the wages on Murphy, Gomes etc?

Mullan? Seriously? What has he done other than stand up to Kean, Agnew and Shaw, and arrange a meeting with Shebby?

I think he's just trolling, don't mind him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone once said that Kean wanted Coxx and the other guy (I forgot who, was he from Wickham or something?), but Shebby was the one who pushed for Rhodes. Down here everyone is denying that and claiming that Shebby Singh has no say in any signings at all, and just a sideshow? Wasn't it admitted by Kean once that Shebby was the one who worked hard to make the signings of Murphy, Best and Gomes possible early on in the window?

What caused the sudden turnabout in opinion? Forgive me if I haven't been up to date with the stuff here on the forums.

Archived