BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

It's becoming clear we have the two best strikers in this league by a country mile, both on pace for 40+ goal season, not that they will of course. And both funded by Balaji's wallet I reckon. I'm pretty confident Shebby will be telling his boss that Kean's incompetence is risking the entire get back up immediately investment. He's still on the precipice and will be gone the minute we stumble

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another 3 points robbed, but I'll take it. It's obvious that the fact that we have one or two players better than the opposition is making the difference, rather than some master stroke of tactical genius by Steve Kean. Another dire performance. I keep saying that our luck will run out at some point, but could we just go on fluking results because of other teams inadequices and us having two goal scorers?

Just got back and I can't tell you how poor we were. Peds and rochina are so bad especially peds. We never have an out ball and constantly kept giving it away. Most of our possession which was very little was between damn Hanley and Robinson.

Rhodes looks like he will be a good signing but was left frustrated with hardly any service. Ollson needs to be played on the wing.

One thing that really angered me was after we scored are second all of our players ran to the corner and congratulated Gomes and Nunez except murphy who walked off with his head down and stood on the half way line with his hand on his hips. I have been so disappointed in his attitude and performances that I don't want him here. This guy is our captain and doesn't look interested.

Well top of the league and unbeaten but it feels so flat

Extremely poor performance but tonight proved to me again that in this division can make horrendous mistakes and get away with it. Both Hanley and Dann made huge errors trying to pass the ball out of defence and got caught out yet Barnsley didn't punish difference.

The biggest difference is that we have players with Premier League experience and that little bit of extra quality is resulting us punishing teams even if we are playing atrociously. The big positive tonight was Rhodes, he reminds me of a very young Alan Shearer, he is absolutely lethal seems to hit the target with almost every shot.

The big positive tonight was Rhodes, he reminds me of a very young Alan Shearer, he is absolutely lethal seems to hit the target with almost every shot.

The commentator said early on in the 2nd half that he couldn't remember seeing him give the ball away as well.

Can someone, or a few people preferably, elaborate on Fabio Nunes' performance please?

Just got back and I can't tell you how poor we were. Peds and rochina are so bad especially peds. We never have an out ball and constantly kept giving it away. Most of our possession which was very little was between damn Hanley and Robinson.

Rhodes looks like he will be a good signing but was left frustrated with hardly any service. Ollson needs to be played on the wing.

One thing that really angered me was after we scored are second all of our players ran to the corner and congratulated Gomes and Nunez except murphy who walked off with his head down and stood on the half way line with his hand on his hips. I have been so disappointed in his attitude and performances that I don't want him here. This guy is our captain and doesn't look interested.

Well top of the league and unbeaten but it feels so flat

Sounds to me that Murphy sees things the same way we do. I wouldn't be celebrating yet another lucky victory either. Lets get this straight, Murphy is a top top footballer and no doubt he'll be fully aware that we have been lucky to win yet again. I trust Danny Murphy more than anyone else at the club to be honest. (i also think he's the 'secret footballer').

Either that or he hasn't got the energy to run over. Lets be honest the 'Murphy Etuhu' partnership will need a break pretty soon. Now that really does concern me.

• Backroom

We didn't play well but I don't fully buy the luck line, its just more class when it counts, like Leicester we had 2 clear chances and scored two goals. You get what you pay for and we are paying some quality strikers.

-Murphy was woeful as was Rochina who as I pointed out pre game is clearly better used as a sub when defenders are tired, within a minute he had chance to cross but instead opted for 3 stepovers and a backheel and we lost the ball. Pedersen also poor but another assist

-Etuhu was poor first half but much better in the second

-The subs were used well and Nunes looks a little like Rochina with a bit more of a footballing brain.

-Rhodes and Gomes early records speak for themselves, sheer class.

Many people said about Sams tenure that it doesn't matter how you win. We are certainly doing in a roundabout way right now.

Nunes looked good when he came on lively with quick feet. Didn't play long but certainly better than the league match he started at Ewood earlier (cant remember). Ran after everything as well.

Rhodes ran his socks off all night, looks an excellent buy. He doesn't need much encouragement to go down though I noticed. He did the same for Scotland also. He hardly gave the ball away all night, really impressed.

Sounds to me that Murphy sees things the same way we do. I wouldn't be celebrating yet another lucky victory either. Lets get this straight, Murphy is a top top footballer and no doubt he'll be fully aware that we have been lucky to win yet again. I trust Danny Murphy more than anyone else at the club to be honest. (i also think he's the 'secret footballer').

Either that or he hasn't got the energy to run over. Lets be honest the 'Murphy Etuhu' partnership will need a break pretty soon. Now that really does concern me.

What's wrong with Dunn ? He can't be injured again he hasn't played yet ! He could give Murphy a break.

• Backroom

just had a look on a barnsley board.....they are fuming that they lost 69% posession apparently the manager has fumed in post match that the league is rigged because of parachute payments says £8m won that match

Well thats just pathetic on his part

Murphy didn't look interested all night - to be honest we may as well have been playing with 10 men for most of the match - I was hugely disappointed with him. We badly lack any real pace throughout the side (other than Olsson) - and when teams defend in numbers and run themselves into the ground (as Barnsley) did, we have no alternative when our passing game fails, Personally I would replace Murphy with Dunn at the moment - at least he tries to run about and shows a little heart,

One amazing thing happened in Kean's post match interview - he actually gave an honest assessment saying we weren't good enough !

Well thats just pathetic on his part

I dunno Tom. I think, in his shoes i'd agree entirely. The parachute payments are a huge advantage for those coming down. Lets be honest, Rhodes has probably gained us 4 points minimum thus far. This league is flawed in the same way the PL is. Moaners will be accused of sour grapes, but it isn't a level playing field and it is hard to take when you're the underdog.

As they say in the rag trade ... "Never mind the quality ... feel the width!"

Ain't life great as a Rover at the moment? There is something for everyone ... The moaners are being offered plenty to get their teeth into ... and the 'happy-clappers' just keep looking at the league table. B)

Archived