BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Myles Anderson

Mercer

Had a quiet smile when reading this:

http://www.rovers.co...ell-380330.aspx

Seems that Myles has made five appearances so far and some impressive displays have led to a loan extension.

I understand that Myles has made one full appearance, and that came in the Johnstone Paint Trophy and has been used as a substitute on four occasions (59th, 80th, 86th and 88th minutes) - on three occasions, he was an unused substitute.

For those unaware, Myles is at Aldershot who are 18th in League Division Two.

Hmmm.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, whoever wrote that article is surely getting paid too much.

It's not even an article, or worthy of note, or of any relevance. ..... I guess the club is severely lacking in any news worthy stories to publish.

Nevertheless i'm always happy to hear about the next Chris Smalling and how he's getting on, he's a late developer don't you know.

Good luck to him. I hope he does well just to ###### off most people on here who have issues with his father. He's done nothing wrong he just wants to be a footballer. I hope it works out for him.

Absolutely Tim! Well said. Guys it aint the lads fault his dad's a Tw@t

What a strange comment.

Really? Would you like to explain why?

• Backroom

So you believe the only reason people have an issue with Myles Anderson earning a wage from the club is because his dad is Jerome Anderson? I won't deny it's a factor, but put it this way... if he was good enough to play for Rovers or had shown he had the potential to become a good player I'm pretty sure he'd be tolerated a little more.

Good luck to him. I hope he does well just to ###### off most people on here who have issues with his father. He's done nothing wrong he just wants to be a footballer. I hope it works out for him.

Early indications suggest you're going to be disappointed.

Just like lots of others, just like Gavin Gunning who Rovers released, possibly to make way for Myles, who is holding his own in the Scottish PL and has made almost some 50 appearances for Motherwell (loan whilst still at Rovers) and Dundee United (permanent since release from Rovers).

Gunning is still only 21 and far more likely to be the 'next Chris Smalling' than Myles.

This to me is the real p1ss-off factor that someone should ask Kean to justify.

Has anybody bumped into anyone who couldn't stop talking about that tackle ? It's a serious question because in this part of the world it doesn't seem to have filtered through yet , surprising because we had decent coverage here when we were a Premier League club.

Still Aussie footy season season starts in a few week so expecting people to be coming up to me when they see the Rovers shirt and asking me about it.

It's not his fault Clitheroe, it's the person who brought the lad here who's to blame.

Absolutely, but I can't help but think his dad spoke to him before the sky interview...... But still it's not the lads fault Kean thinks he's the next big thing!

Just like lots of others, just like Gavin Gunning who Rovers released, possibly to make way for Myles

Unless that can be proven, we can only assume Gavin Gunning didn't do enough to convince people that he was worth keeping.

It's not just Kean who picks which players to keep, he gets advice from the academy, reserve team, first team coaches etc. Maybe he just didn't do enough to impress?

I know a lot of people don't rate Anderson, I also don't particularly have high hopes for him BUT i'm willing to give him a chance and I hope he becomes a good footballer for Rovers whilst he's at the club. Just because his Dad is a complete so & so, doesn't mean that he is.

Unless that can be proven, we can only assume Gavin Gunning didn't do enough to convince people that he was worth keeping.

It's not just Kean who picks which players to keep, he gets advice from the academy, reserve team, first team coaches etc. Maybe he just didn't do enough to impress?

I know a lot of people don't rate Anderson, I also don't particularly have high hopes for him BUT i'm willing to give him a chance and I hope he becomes a good footballer for Rovers whilst he's at the club. Just because his Dad is a complete so & so, doesn't mean that he is.

Amd what the feck has Anderson done to merit a 2 year contract on money only 99% of fans could dream of ?

Allegedly when the lad was at Leyton Orient his wages were covered by someone from outside the club........in a closely related industry so to speak. ;-)

Funny that, not only at Orient, allegedly...

On one level, I feel sorry for the kid because he doesn't stand a chance with the circus going on around him. On the otherhand, in similar family circumstances, I would have been on the books of a First Division club.

• 3 months later...

Myles Anderson has left the club.

Blackburn Rovers FC has announced that the contract of young defender Myles Anderson has been terminated by mutual agreement with immediate effect.
The club would like to offer best wishes to Myles for his future career.

Archived