BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys want either Shearer or Sherwoodas next manager

Would Curbishley or McCarthy be interest in the rovers job and working under Shebby and Venkys???

That why I would go someone like Karl Robinson or Solskjaer or McInnes at Bristol City.

Curbishley would be my no.1 choice if I was Rovers. Souness isn’t an option as he’s pretty much said he’s done with management. McCarthy has the experience to get a side promoted, but longer term I have my doubts about him.

if you're reading this shebby , please take a look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Curbishley or Solskjaer would be my choices, in that order.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's a right man for the job besides someone who will actually be able to pump some blood back into the Rovers carcass...and yes, Shearer might be that man.

It would be a huge relief...though it would be like waking up after a nightmare (Kean) to discover that yes, we are actually in the Championship.

I am not convinced by Shearer as a manager. I dont believe he was anything special when he filled in at Newcastle, although anything is better than Kean, pretty much.

I know it would be awesome to have Rafa because I like the idea of a "Spanish connection", and with Rochina and Fernandez its a good building block, but I highly doubt he'd come to us.

If we where in the PL Solskjær could probably take this job. We would have a great advantage over clubs like villa etc because he and his family could move back to their house in manchester.

But don't think he would come. He has previously said he would only consider taking over a PL club and since we're in the cship I don't think it will happen. I also think he wants to stay in norway for 2-3 more years.

I would take henning berg though (I'm a big fan of him as a manager). He's a winner, won the league with Both us and united. Also he doesn't talk about united in every single interview like Solskjær does. since I really really hate united It would be hard for me to swallow.

Would also take ex players like Sherwood or shearer, simply because they are winners, know what it takes to be a pro and have success.

Would rather have Benitez over arry

Would not want mick McCarthy or that guy in leeds etc, but hey anyone is a better choice than kean

Funny I was reading about him today, bosses were OK with him talking to Villa, he decided to stay, family now settled in Norway.

That was not quite what happened.

Ha actually went for a meeting with Villa. The bosses then went apeshit. Was a big story for a few days here in Norway.

The official story was then what you said.

Keith Hill anybody?

I'm sure I posted that somewhere but I can't find it now. We need an experienced manager not a has-been player, no matter who good that player might have been. If they want an ex player then Keith Hill is the stand out candidate for the clubs current situation. His appointment would at last bring some sanity to the Ewood asylum. However this is the starstruck venkymob that we are dealing with so no doubt the likes of Maradona or similar will draw them like moths to a flame.

• Backroom

If Kean goes is the consensus that it is Shebby's work?

I'm not so sure. Everyone's falling over to praise him but wasn't the supposed points target set at the start of the this season/end of last season by the owners and Kean? If so then Shebby would have only had influence insofar as confirming the performances have been dire. But then, the brothers have been there for a few matches to see that for themselves.

if you're reading this shebby , please take a look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

As for shearer - no thanks. He just doesnt have the intelligence. If we're going for unproven ex players, Id rather try and get gary neville

Please no! I can't stand the ugly red sod.

my choice would be Curbishly...

but i think he gets a nose bleed travelling north of watford, so unlikely to come...

Sherwood, i would take

Slaven Bilic would also be a definate for me

i would even try to tempt Souey out of "retirement"......

anybody we employ would bring a wave a enthusiam to the club...

having seen the opposition we are playing against week after week, a blind monkey should finish us top of the league

it just shows how totally inept that idiot kean actually is.....

Some silly names being put forward for me, Arry wouldn't go to Newcastle for a kings ransom, why would he come here? Shearer turned us down once before didn't he? And Ole Gunnar Solks has recently turned down Villa.

I get a sneaky feeling that if Kean does get sacked our Shebby will be I charge along with Black, and my boycott will remain in place I think.

You wouldn't put it past them would you? He's already buying players and telling Kean who he can have and mainly who he can't.

If I owned the club, I say push the boat out for Rafa or Harry. Both have something to prove (ok, admittedly not at our current level), and are out of jobs. Offer them enough money and they may be tempted. Either of them will be a massive improvement in tactical acument and professionalism, a clear statement of intent, and will go someways towards making a rapproachment with the fans.

If cheap is the way to go, I wouldn't mind Sherwood or even bringing Souey back - someone with links to the club will help put the soul back into the club, reinvigorate the place. I'm sure I read somewhere that Sherwood has the badges and is doing well behind the scenes.

But just as I have fantasised above, back to the real world. Kean's not getting sacked. We've been here so many times, and each time, he's survived. Why would it be any different now?

Anyone got friends or relatives who work at Stanley House who can confirm or deny Redknapp / Sherwood checking in this evening?

I'm reckoning the latter but with Salgado once being photographed there and the day we've all had, who knows?!

Archived