BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The woman who knows nothing about football continues to run this club into the ground,clearly arrogant,aloof and refuses to listen to the majority view.

Singh is nothing more than a puppet,promoted beyond his means and will talk the talk and promise the earth for the coin.

This once proud club has been reduced to a ludicrous laughing stock.

Reading Nixon's Tweets, he's pretty sure that Coco's days are still numbered and that he'll go sooner rather than later.

And let's face it, if the sacking U-turn is genuine and seen as a victory for messers Kean, Agnew, Shaw etc. there would undoubtedly be some kind of statement issued by the club to reinforce the point that Kean is going nowhere.

There's got to be more to this and it wouldn't surpsrise me if there was another twist around the corner.

Here's hoping.

Agreed, problem is if Desai insists on retaining Kean in another role, ( which Andy Cryer alluded to ), who's going to want the job, ( unless he's posted to Pune :-)

I'm sure I'm only reiterating what others have said/thought, but are we actually in the middle of a Shebby ploy here? On Sunday night by all accounts he had the OK to sack Kean, and thinking it was a done deal he told a few people. On Monday the picture changed down to Mrs Desai - I'm not sure you can blame Shebby any more for that than you can Kamy or Andy Cryer. He's come on the radio this morning and said what he's been told to say. He hasn't backed Kean and hasnt specifically said he's staying. Then crucially he's dropped the comment on how concerned they are about attendances. Is it a clear plea to the fans about what he needs them to do next to help him along?

The supporters have a decent hand here - infact they have had for a while. Now is the time to play it. As many as are willing to must stay away. The ground doesnt have to be completely empty - if there are as few as 5,000 in it will have the desired effect. My concern would be all those that have bought season tickets are going to be included in attendances whether they go or not, as is usually the case I believe?

Very important point raised here - a boycott of the next home match is, in my opinion, crucial.

Although I am supportive of a boycott, I think an organised boycott such as paying for adverts in the LT would be used by Kean to play the victim card.

Protests have worked best in their organic form, Bolton last year and the steady decline in attendances. I have been to 3 out of 4 this year but won't be going to Wolves and I will be encouraging as many people to join me

• Backroom

Just my opinion, but I think Kean and Venky's agreed both a points target and a potential payoff should Kean not reach that target during the summer. I imagine this was all done verbally.

Kean's not reached his target, however we're high enough in the league that he feels he can renege on his original agreement and is asking for a higher payoff due to our current league position. Venky's now deciding where they go from here, perhaps?

Obviously the above based on my belief that Venky's cannot sack Kean in the "normal" way and will need to appease him before he goes.

I thought I didn't see out of him anymore.

His tweets are protected so you have to follow him to read them.

He seems pretty confident that Kean is still a goner and its just a matte of time.

Latest tweet from him :

Question : Any ideas on an incoming then and timescale, if so?

Reply from Mr N : Yes and yes. Already broke Sherwood. As for timings? Venkys time.

Well in complete purdah about this.

Have my flight tickets for Saturday to London then Charlton,Nottm Forest and eventually Blackburn for the Wolves match.

Yesterday I was so happy about my luck -what revivalist matches we would be attending!!

Now,not sure about Charlton and Forest (whether to go) and definitely not going to buy extra ticket or use my Season Ticket for Wolves. Advocating we all stand in the road outside the Blackburn End and Main Stand corner chanting for Kean and Venkys out.

This is not over til its over.

I await the rest of the weeks 'news' with bated breath.

Now back to 'purdah'

• Backroom

What I want to know during this latest episode is...

Where is Paul Agnew during all of this, where are the statements disclaiming the media coverage of this farce, what's the "Party Line" from the club officials, why is it a stone wall silence?

It's exactly the same as the end of last season... silence. Everyone assumed it was a good thing, however ...

Archived