SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This quote from Sam Allardyce:

"Allardyce describes the process of mopping up a relegation mess: being faced with an exodus of players all desperate to leave – the club lost 40 players in 12 months – battling the endemic "feeling sorry for yourself" culture, losing club staff who had been there for donkey's years, and the do-or-die importance of bringing in "people you can trust". The latter is interesting particularly in light of what happened at Blackburn with Allardyce's former assistant, Steve Kean. "You have to have someone you can trust when you join a new football club," he says, "because football is the enigma of gossip. It goes around everywhere. You've got to find out about people and you don't know whether you can trust them or not.""

http://www.guardian....m?newsfeed=true

Kind of implies that Steve Kean was a mistake.

Our new manager had better gather a few people he can trust around him so we don't have a repeat of Kean.

Certainly does but love the part he talks about the new wallpaper , typical Allardyce

Merson was holding nothing back just bombarding us with insults. "Blackburn don't sell a shirt outside of Blackburn."

Blackburn Rovers doesn't sell a shirt outside of Blackburn (I presume he's referring to Lancashire or within the boundaries of England), he says?! Then what does that make me and all the other overseas fans? We've got fans from Southeast Asia, Canada, America and Australia, even China and Japan, and he says Blackburn Rovers don't sell a shirt outside of Blackburn? So either our territory must encompass the whole world or the guy is a narrow-minded, ignorant, arrogant and overbearing idiot. Personally I think it's the latter.

Just because he doesn't know of our existence that doesn't mean we don't exist.

Blackburn Rovers doesn't sell a shirt outside of Blackburn (I presume he's referring to Lancashire or within the boundaries of England), he says?! Then what does that make me and all the other overseas fans? We've got fans from Southeast Asia, Canada, America and Australia, even China and Japan, and he says Blackburn Rovers don't seel a shirt outside of Blackburn? So our territory must encompass the whole world or the guy is a narrow-minded, ignorant, arrogant and overbearing idiot. Personally I think it's the latter.

Just because he doesn't know of our existence tht doesn't mean we don't exist.

Yep

I also have 4 Rovers shirt. And a Rover mouse pad, wallet, tie, boxers, air freshner, etc.

And my children each have 2 Rovers' shirts.

Now that my self-imposed embargo is over (Kean is gone) I will be adding to my shirt collection.

---- Fort Mohave, Arizona.

My point exactly. Maybe we can contact this Merson character, hound him out on his statement and proceed to publicly embarrass him by disproving his denial of our existence. That will destroy his reputation as a pundit and hopefully we'll never have to hear him spout nonsense on any station ever again.

If we don't sell any shirts outside of Blackburn then why was Miss Kean getting dogs abuse in a school in Surrey (Or Wimbledon)? There couldn't possibly be any fans that far south could there? It was probably a bunch of Blackburn kids who were enrolled at the cost of Mr John Williams. Yeah that'll be it.

Very good points coming up, some frankly I didn't know myself. Yes we may be a small club in comparison to Liverpool, United and Chelsea etc but we still reach out to our fans in all different locations across the globe.

Pundits change their tune all of the time. Phil Thompson last season defended the fans saying "Without the fans, there isn't a club." So potentially he woulkd have stood up for us. The comments made by Paul though were were ruthless and hurtful. He took his job too far expressing what seemed like personal hatred rather than an informed opinion.

The circumstances of Kean's going are going to be enjoyed by everyone when they come out. The journalist community has the story so I won't ruin it for them but it was literally taxi for Kean!

There was nothing premeditated on Kean's part about his departure.

He's gone without compo apparently and literally hasn't got a leg to stand on legally. His lawyers were blowing bubbles.

When do you think, we will hear of this?

Steve Kean's disastrous tenure appears to mirror the film 'The Usual Suspects'.

The vastmajority of the rest of the football world sees Steve Kean as Verbal Kint - only those in the know can see that he is actually Keyser Sose.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Would Kevin Spacey be available to play Wee Stevie in the inevitable biopic of his time as Venkys stooge?

Steve Kean's disastrous tenure appears to mirror the film 'The Usual Suspects'.

The vastmajority of the rest of the football world sees Steve Kean as Verbal Kint - only those in the know can see that he is actually Keyser Sose.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Would Kevin Spacey be available to play Wee Stevie in the inevitable biopic of his time as Venkys stooge?

Danny De Vito could play Kean.

philipl, on 29 September 2012 - 18:04 PM, said:

The circumstances of Kean's going are going to be enjoyed by everyone when they come out. The journalist community has the story so I won't ruin it for them but it was literally taxi for Kean!

There was nothing premeditated on Kean's part about his departure.

He's gone without compo apparently and literally hasn't got a leg to stand on legally. His lawyers were blowing bubbles.

I hope it goes along the lines of "you have missed your agreed targets Mr Kean, time to go"

Merson was holding nothing back just bombarding us with insults. "Blackburn have found their league." "They are not a good or a big team." "Their players have found their level." "Blackburn don't sell a shirt outside of Blackburn." "If Kean was given a chance he could have guided them back into top flught football."

Only Tony Cottee backed the fans.

Was frankly an outragious slamming by everyone else. Lost all respect for Paul Merson.

Surprised you had any respect for the clown in the first place.

He wasn't even that good a player and he's a ###### pundit. If he hadn't ###### his football money up the wall he wouldn't even be on the show.

These alchys all stick together though, so he's clearly butt hurt over his brethren getting potted.

Archived