BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

"KEANE IN. KEANE IN. KEANE IN". Simple.

Although I hope we don't hear it because I think he's a shocking manager.

Football management has moved on since the days of having a disciplinarian in charge - I can't think of any currently being successful in the top two divisions. He's awful in the transfer market and has been found wanting tactically on my occassions.

Erm....Fergie? ;)

Keane has been a failure everywhere he's been , we don't want him here.

OGS turned down Villa, he's not going to come here surely.

It seems the jobs is very saught after, ever with idiots at the top of the circus.

UPDATE FROM PRESSER:

A journo asked Ole Gunnar Solskjær if he had been in contact with Blackburn Rovers regarding the available manager job. OGS: "These are all speculations. I don't want to comment speculations from the sun or the bbc. Neither me nor my agent have been in contact with Blackburn Rovers".

Keane has been a failure everywhere he's been , we don't want him here.

OGS turned down Villa, he's not going to come here surely.

It seems the jobs is very saught after, ever with idiots at the top of the circus.

I am also bemused that high profile/quality managers want the Rovers job. I thought that we would struggle to get any quality candidates.

I think that the lack of sackings in the PL over the last 12 months and the fact that Rovers do have a very decent squad (for the Championship) is leading to some of these managers thinking that they will go for the Rovers job as it represent a good chance of getting the club up and managing in the PL. The negative is the owners but it seems that this is something that managers are willing to accept.

"KEANE IN. KEANE IN. KEANE IN". Simple.

Although I hope we don't hear it because I think he's a shocking manager.

Football management has moved on since the days of having a disciplinarian in charge - I can't think of any currently being successful in the top two divisions. He's awful in the transfer market and has been found wanting tactically on my occassions.

On the other hand, it would be refreshing to have a manager who doesn't lie to us after we've lost a game. :D

I agree in the sense that Keane's man-management skills are a double-edged sword. He has the discipline of Cloughie & Fergie but none of their people skills. It could work against him or it could straighten up a very disorganized group of players.

And did he really do *that* badly at Sunderland? I know the wheels came off in the PL, but they were rock bottom of The Championship when he took over and he steered them to the title.

I'll put this down to a case of the Soueys. My head says NO but my heart says WHY NOT?

From the presser;

OGS: No contact with Blackburn, his advisers/agents may have talket to Blackburn but not about him.

He was very breif about the speculations, but did not give a clear answet to the question if the fans of Molde could relax and expect him to turn it down. (Like any in the footballing world)

He really didn't want to talk about Blackburn, and the journos complied with those wishes.

I myself think, based on the presser, that he may consider an offer if it comes, But utimately i do not really think he will accept it in the end

Erm....Fergie? ;)

Hmm true...ish. I did read an interesting interview with him a couple of years where he was talking about how he's been successful for so long. He said he's had to change his approach to man-management, that you can't just scream and shout at modern day players because they're so pampered that they won't respond to it.

I am also bemused that high profile/quality managers want the Rovers job. I thought that we would struggle to get any quality candidates.

I think that the lack of sackings in the PL over the last 12 months and the fact that Rovers do have a very decent squad (for the Championship) is leading to some of these managers thinking that they will go for the Rovers job as it represent a good chance of getting the club up and managing in the PL. The negative is the owners but it seems that this is something that managers are willing to accept.

is it really that surprising kamy? Managers want job security which they almost never get. Here we have owners that are clueless in so many ways, but give crazy levels of loyalty to the manager. That must be hugely appealing to any manager out there.

I advice people not to put money on Solskjær, you will most likely lose your money. It will be very interesting to see what he says

About the rumors in the press conference which will be held in 25 mins.

It doesnt matter what Lars Bohinen says, OGS will listen to fergie. If fergie says rovers is the right step for him now, he will take the job

Are you aware of Fergies' genuine soft spot for Rovers ?

From the presser;

OGS: No contact with Blackburn, his advisers/agents may have talket to Blackburn but not about him.

He was very breif about the speculations, but did not give a clear answet to the question if the fans of Molde could relax and expect him to turn it down. (Like any in the footballing world)

He really didn't want to talk about Blackburn, and the journos complied with those wishes.

I myself think, based on the presser, that he may consider an offer if it comes, But utimately i do not really think he will accept it in the end

I wonder what Mrs Solskjaer is talking to her Bramhall set of friends about ?

We all know, how influential managers' wives can be, as, allegedly, Mrs Kean demonstrated !

Are you aware of Fergies' genuine soft spot for Rovers ?

Yes I am aware of that, and thats one of the reasons I think it may be possible, combined with blackburn being close to Manchester, but he made and his family made a decision in may that they wanted to stay in norway and not have further talks with villa so I think they will stay in the country for at least one more year.

Yes I am aware of that, and thats one of the reasons I think it may be possible, combined with blackburn being close to Manchester, but he made and his family made a decision in may that they wanted to stay in norway and not have further talks with villa so I think they will stay in the country for at least one more year.

He does say in that documentary that his kids are true mancs and miss 'home' a lot.

Thanks for posting this:-

If i wasn't convinced about OGS i am now after watching this-i doubt he would decide to come here, but if i was Shebby/owners i would pick up the phone and offer him the job based upon this alone!!!

My thoughts exactly.

Let's be realistic. OGS will want the United job, just like Keane and anyone else in the current shadow of SAF.

None of them will get it unless they have a good record in the EPL. The owners of United would prefer someone like Keane or OGS, it would be surprising cheaper than the special one.

Just something to bare in mind, if Ole does come here, we would merely be a stepping stone.

Let's be realistic. OGS will want the United job, just like Keane and anyone else in the current shadow of SAF.

None of them will get it unless they have a good record in the EPL. The owners of United would prefer someone like Keane or OGS, it would be surprising cheaper than the special one.

Just something to bare in mind, if Ole does come here, we would merely be a stepping stone.

I get the impression he could well be too happy where he is now. His home life for example. Would we want to give that up?

But depends on how ambitious he is with regards to his management career.

Any manager who young manager who intends to do well will see us as a stepping stone nowadays. Kean and Ince wanted to hang on as long as they could because they knew no one else would give them a job at our level...

Stab in the dark is Heiko Vogel of FC Basel. Young (36), German, and has been very successful in his first job at Basel. Has experience with Bayern Munich youth team so will know how to work with youngsters, just what Venky's are after.

My qualified 'Glen Mullan' guess :D

I don't think it's unrealistic that we get OGS. We tick a lot of boxes and if the owners/Shebby manage to convince him that history is history and that the future is blue & white then he might fancy it. I believe he signed a new contract with Molde after the Villa affair but I might be wrong on that - if I'm right it means he has a release clause for him and his team, which will have to come with him if he is to accept. I think he brought a couple of coaches from ManU to Molde with him.

What self respecting manager wouldn't consider us a stepping stone?

Are you implying we should take an inferior with manager with no ambition so we don't have a fear of rejection?

Have you heard anything interesting?

As I've stated, I understand Rovers have shown big interest in OGS in the past and have retained that interest. Also, I do have family who live in Cheshire and there seems to be a view that it would be of no surprise if the Solskjaers did not return to an area where they were previously very happy. On that basis, I have a sizeable bet on @ 25/1 and it is not what I would term a 'speculative' bet.

Archived