BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Today after learning about this text message, I have lost a little faith in the prospect of all supporters moving forward for the benefit of the football club. For a person who has been scaremongering the supporter base, during what is supposed to be the beginning of a rebuilding process, by posting, to date what is unfounded rumour about big stories being on the verge of breaking and causing panic among the supporters regarding how bad things are at the top of the clubs food chain, in addition to the debacle of the weekend of the Middlesboro match, where he confirmed Kean was to be sacked, only for this not to happen. All that this achieved was a week of the supporters lambasting the owners based on the initiation of these 'sacking rumour's’. So for this person to go sending text messages to Shebby Singh claiming Glen Mullan and his comments are damaging both his and the owners reputation, quite frankly leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Might be worth naming and shaming the individual who text Shebby - at least we will know to ignore his posts in the future.

As for having lost faith in all supporters moving forward -

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Keep faith in what you are doing - which is far more constructive than what other people appear to be doing.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today after learning about this text message, I have lost a little faith in the prospect of all supporters moving forward for the benefit of the football club. For a person who has been scaremongering the supporter base, during what is supposed to be the beginning of a rebuilding process, by posting, to date what is unfounded rumour about big stories being on the verge of breaking and causing panic among the supporters regarding how bad things are at the top of the clubs food chain, in addition to the debacle of the weekend of the Middlesboro match, where he confirmed Kean was to be sacked, only for this not to happen. All that this achieved was a week of the supporters lambasting the owners based on the initiation of these 'sacking rumour's’. So for this person to go sending text messages to Shebby Singh claiming Glen Mullan and his comments are damaging both his and the owners reputation, quite frankly leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

As much as this person is telling Shebby Singh, "not to listen or take advice from the supporters", we will always go into a meeting with supporters concerns and opinions high on the agenda because this is what the BRFC Action Group is all about.

Might be worth naming and shaming the individual who text Shebby - at least we will know to ignore his posts in the future.

I inferred from the above two paragraphs that the person being referred to was Kamy

I wasn't going to post but after the events of today I do think something needs to be clarified.

Firstly, Glen’s summary of what we was told in the meeting last night regarding the new manager is exactly how I heard it too.

In addition to this, I have seen our friend from Sussex' tweets about people lying regarding Giovanni Trapattoni's application. Well the bloke who receives the applications, was quite happy to tell the whole committee together with the Mayor of the borough and the council leader last Friday that this guy had applied, so whether he has or has not, it is not about Glen 'lying' or 'guessing' this is firmly about Glen confirming to somebody who asked the question, that he was told this to be true by the man in charge of the application process at Ewood Park.

Allow me to explain something about the BRFC Action Group. Since its inception the group have campaigned heavily for open and transparent dialogue from the football club, this has always been a key element to us as a group. In March 2012, we were offered a meeting with Paul Hunt the clubs DCEO at the time, under the agreement we would not minute or discuss the content of this meeting and the club would never officially recognise it had taken place. Despite taking a lot of criticism at the time, we declined this offer immediately. The reasoning for this, as explained at the time was because we were not prepared to sit in a meeting with him and then hide the content of it from the wider supporter base. This is not and never has been about Glen, Myself and the other committee members having tea and biscuits over a mild chat with the club officials, this has always been about the supporters getting their questions and concerns aired and answered.

Upon the arrival of Shebby Singh, immediate contact was struck up between myself and him. An introductory meeting was very quickly arranged and thereafter dialogue was maintained. It has always been a case of we set the agenda, I take the minutes and publish them once Shebby has given them the once over and he always passes them off for release without any major alterations. This is the open and transparent dialogue, for the group’s member base, which we had always campaigned for.

On Monday night, the eve of our latest meeting with Shebby Singh, the group asked for supporters to send their questions and concerns to myself as the group’s secretary so we could put these on the agenda for discussion in last nights meeting.

90% of the emails received where about the managerial situation at the club. Supporters expressing their concerns over the new manager’s experience, stating they do not want Eric Black and they do not want anyone with a lack of experience. As elected representatives of these supporters, these are the concerns which we must raise with the club, hence first and foremost why the topic of the managerial vacancy was added to the agenda for the meeting.

Shebby knew this was a minuted meeting, Shebby knows we are elected representatives of our membership base and he knows we always report back to these members on the content and outcome of the discussions. He was happy to go ahead and talk openly about his thoughts on what type of manager he was looking for and to listen to our points which had come from within our membership base.

I am bitterly disappointed today as to why somebody felt the need to send Shebby Singh a text message this morning, reporting to him that Glen had posted information on this message board and on twitter, even offering to send him links to these posts, so Shebby could see the proof himself. This person was claiming that Glen’s comments were damaging the reputation of the owners and of Shebby himself and were infuriating the clubs supporters.

Now as an elected representative of our members, Glen has a duty to report back openly to those supporters on what he is told in an official minuted meeting. The minutes will reflect similarly what Glen reported (albeit in a little less detail). The day that we are asked or expected to go into meetings and be told information which would be unpopular among the supporters and remain silent about it, is the day that I know for sure Glen will seriously consider his future within the group, as this has always been about the supporters having transparent communication and has never been about 6 people in a room knowing something, which others are not allowed to know.

As much as this person is telling Shebby Singh, "not to listen or take advice from the supporters", we will always go into a meeting with supporters concerns and opinions high on the agenda because this is what the BRFC Action Group is all about.

This group is solely about open and transparent feedback to its members, this is exactly what Glen did last night following an officially recognised and minuted meeting with the club and having been in the meeting myself, I see nothing in there which breaches confidences and for people to be sending text messages to Shebby Singh, which do nothing but cause friction between what has become an open and honest relationship between club and supporters is nothing but damaging to the supporters hopes and quite frankly the motives behind this text message deeply concern me.

On a side note, I do hope to have the minutes of last nights meeting up on the group’s website this evening folks

Instead of saying this person or that person or friend from sussex. I think you should name who you are referring too.

I think that too much information about the inner workings of the club should not be released to the public domain. I am seeing people running off and placing bets all the time based on silly information. I'm guessing Shebby is not aware of this betting culture. I hope they don't reveal the name of the manager before it is confirmed officially.

I inferred from the above two paragraphs that the person being referred to was Kamy

I disagree. I think it'll be the one I've been warning you about for the past 12months.

Some people on here have obvious agendas, none more so than that one.

That is why he needs to name. Before a witch hunt starts.

For example I am from sussex. But have not tweeted anything on this subject.

The bit about the person from Sussex ('Tombo') is not the same as the person sending the texts to Shebby. At least not in my reading of the post anyway.

I had thought that they would've had an idea of where they were going prior to sacking Kean as that been on the cards for weeks.

Kamy with all due respect...what the hell gives you the impression these people running our club (INTO THE GROUND) actually know their Arse from their Elbow?...

I'm left literally peering from behind the sofa,hands over eyes in fear at their next big cock up!!

Lets be brutally honest,why do we really believe any manager of calibre would come to Rovers under this current disastrous tenure of the Rao's.......

I wasn't going to post but after the events of today I do think something needs to be clarified.

Firstly, Glen’s summary of what we was told in the meeting last night regarding the new manager is exactly how I heard it too.

In addition to this, I have seen our friend from Sussex' tweets about people lying regarding Giovanni Trapattoni's application. Well the bloke who receives the applications, was quite happy to tell the whole committee together with the Mayor of the borough and the council leader last Friday that this guy had applied, so whether he has or has not, it is not about Glen 'lying' or 'guessing' this is firmly about Glen confirming to somebody who asked the question, that he was told this to be true by the man in charge of the application process at Ewood Park.

Allow me to explain something about the BRFC Action Group. Since its inception the group have campaigned heavily for open and transparent dialogue from the football club, this has always been a key element to us as a group. In March 2012, we were offered a meeting with Paul Hunt the clubs DCEO at the time, under the agreement we would not minute or discuss the content of this meeting and the club would never officially recognise it had taken place. Despite taking a lot of criticism at the time, we declined this offer immediately. The reasoning for this, as explained at the time was because we were not prepared to sit in a meeting with him and then hide the content of it from the wider supporter base. This is not and never has been about Glen, Myself and the other committee members having tea and biscuits over a mild chat with the club officials, this has always been about the supporters getting their questions and concerns aired and answered.

Upon the arrival of Shebby Singh, immediate contact was struck up between myself and him. An introductory meeting was very quickly arranged and thereafter dialogue was maintained. It has always been a case of we set the agenda, I take the minutes and publish them once Shebby has given them the once over and he always passes them off for release without any major alterations. This is the open and transparent dialogue, for the group’s member base, which we had always campaigned for.

On Monday night, the eve of our latest meeting with Shebby Singh, the group asked for supporters to send their questions and concerns to myself as the group’s secretary so we could put these on the agenda for discussion in last nights meeting.

90% of the emails received where about the managerial situation at the club. Supporters expressing their concerns over the new manager’s experience, stating they do not want Eric Black and they do not want anyone with a lack of experience. As elected representatives of these supporters, these are the concerns which we must raise with the club, hence first and foremost why the topic of the managerial vacancy was added to the agenda for the meeting.

Shebby knew this was a minuted meeting, Shebby knows we are elected representatives of our membership base and he knows we always report back to these members on the content and outcome of the discussions. He was happy to go ahead and talk openly about his thoughts on what type of manager he was looking for and to listen to our points which had come from within our membership base.

I am bitterly disappointed today as to why somebody felt the need to send Shebby Singh a text message this morning, reporting to him that Glen had posted information on this message board and on twitter, even offering to send him links to these posts, so Shebby could see the proof himself. This person was claiming that Glen’s comments were damaging the reputation of the owners and of Shebby himself and were infuriating the clubs supporters.

Now as an elected representative of our members, Glen has a duty to report back openly to those supporters on what he is told in an official minuted meeting. The minutes will reflect similarly what Glen reported (albeit in a little less detail). The day that we are asked or expected to go into meetings and be told information which would be unpopular among the supporters and remain silent about it, is the day that I know for sure Glen will seriously consider his future within the group, as this has always been about the supporters having transparent communication and has never been about 6 people in a room knowing something, which others are not allowed to know.

This group is solely about open and transparent feedback to its members, this is exactly what Glen did last night following an officially recognised and minuted meeting with the club and having been in the meeting myself, I see nothing in there which breaches confidences and for people to be sending text messages to Shebby Singh, which do nothing but cause friction between what has become an open and honest relationship between club and supporters is nothing but damaging to the supporters hopes and quite frankly the motives behind this text message deeply concern me.

On a side note, I do hope to have the minutes of last nights meeting up on the group’s website this evening folks

Because my conscious is clear I will confirm that the person who Mark refers to is myself.

I am bitterly disappointed in Shebby decided to release the contents of a private conversation to Glen/Mark. I have already talked to Glen and clarified what I was talking to Shebby about.

Shebby only forwarded part of the conversation that we had been having, what I was trying to show Shebby was that he needs to control the messages that he is sending out, because comments attributed directly to him always cause a reaction within the fan base. That is all I was saying to him, my intention was toI use Glen's post last night as an example and told him that I would send him a link so he could see the reaction uncontrolled comments could cause.

I don't have any interest in getting involved in discrediting any group. When Glen started the protests against Kean last year, I was one of the ones who encouraged him and have no issue with the Action Group, any dialogue by supporters with the owners can only be a positive. People who know me will vouch that I am not a malicious person, and have no interest in causing problems between different people.

I have talked to Glen and clarified things and also stressed to Shebby that my intention was not to cause a problem between him and the action group.

The bit about the person from Sussex ('Tombo') is not the same as the person sending the texts to Shebby. At least not in my reading of the post anyway.

I used that as an example with regards to witch hunts. I know who he is referring to about friend from sussex as I have asked him. But leaving it dangling like he did was imo wrong.

Yes I also read it as seperate people.

Because my conscious is clear I will confirm that the person who Mark refers to is myself.

I am bitterly disappointed in Shebby decided to release the contents of a private conversation to Glen/Mark. I have already talked to Glen and clarified what I was talking to Shebby about.

Shebby only forwarded part of the conversation that we had been having, what I was trying to show Shebby was that he needs to control the messages that he is sending out, because comments attributed directly to him always cause a reaction within the fan base. That is all I was saying to him, my intention was toI use Glen's post last night as an example and told him that I would send him a link so he could see the reaction uncontrolled comments could cause.

I don't have any interest in getting involved in discrediting any group. When Glen started the protests against Kean last year, I was one of the ones who encouraged him and have no issue with the Action Group, any dialogue by supporters with the owners can only be a positive. People who know me will vouch that I am not a malicious person, and have no interest in causing problems between different people.

I have talked to Glen and clarified things and also stressed to Shebby that my intention was not to cause a problem between him and the action group.

All of the above is totally fair in my view.

Why Mark1875 chose to post what he posted, When you have dealt, as you have said, with the issue with Glen seems wrong to me. If an issue has been dealt with, then it should be left.

• Backroom

I can see both sides here, as always fair play to glen / mark / Paul and co for sharing what they are told but at the same time I see kamys point that Shebby releasing that information at this juncture isn't really helping anyone although at least he was willing to answer questions it may have been wiser not to

As for Shebby relaying personal conversations that's a little out of line there

It's pretty obvious it is Tombo (West Sussex Rover)

I can see both sides here, as always fair play to glen / mark / Paul and co for sharing what they are told but at the same time I see kamys point that Shebby releasing that information at this juncture isn't really helping anyone although at least he was willing to answer questions it may have been wiser not to

IMHO it would have been more professional for them to have been given a statement saying what the club are looking for and an idea that they are applying strong selection criteria. I dont think it was required to name any names, or specify any of those criteria. (Especiallly if the appointment was to then ignore one or more of them).

Edit - it appears that was done at the start of the meeting, but the openness of both Shebby and the AG guys means that a lot ends up reported afterwards.

It's pretty obvious it is Tombo (West Sussex Rover)

To you maybe. I wasn't too sure if Tombo was from sussex until today. I asked around and was told that was the case. Which is why I have asked Mark to clarify that is who he is referring to.

As for Shebby relaying personal conversations that's a little out of line there

But did it need to be posted on here. should they not have done it between themselves in person or via MB etc etc. I consider kamy a respected poster on here.

While I understand your concerns and best wishes for Rovers and us fans, Kamy, I do think you come off as a bit naive sometimes. We're in a maze of kean and everybody think they know the way out. Us fans have been abused for the past two years by broken promises and dreams that will never come true. It has resulted in a pretty hostile climate, and alienated fellow supporters from one another. Any news coming out of the club will always cause a stir. If Shebby wants a young manager, those wanting the reassuring hands of a seasoned veteran will let their voices be heard. If Shebby wants an experienced manager, others will complain about lack of ambition and foresight, building for the future etc. We can't be pleased all at once, let Shebby be Shebby and keep the dialogue open - his frankness might cause a stir but it's refreshing that he keeps supporters in the loop after months of deafening silence from the owners.

he said that he said that he said it sound like to me. come on guys lets just let Shebby and Shaw get on with getting a manager in for the Derby fixture all this witch hunt stuff is embarrassing.

Shebby should know and has acknowledged that this is big decison and it doesn't need to have a side show about action groups and other organisations intefering and putting thier two peneth in.

I support the action group but i am not a member i support the idea for BRFC trust but have not pledged i support these causes on my twitter feed because i feel they are good at bringing fans toegther ina time of crisis at our beloved club

i rely on the info that Kamy and Glen posts on twitter and on here as reliable as they are getting it from inside the club.

lets all go back to having a frank and open discussions about the prospective new manager.

Yes i have Tombo on my twitter his tweets can be a little brash sometimes but he is just passionate about BRFC as we all are in our own unique way :) keep smiling people

he said that he said that he said it sound like to me. come on guys lets just let Shebby and Shaw get on with getting a manager in for the Derby fixture all this witch hunt stuff is embarrassing.

Shebby should know and has acknowledged that this is big decison and it doesn't need to have a side show about action groups and other organisations intefering and putting thier two peneth in.

I support the action group but i am not a member i support the idea for BRFC trust but have not pledged i support these causes on my twitter feed because i feel they are good at bringing fans toegther ina time of crisis at our beloved club

i rely on the info that Kamy and Glen posts on twitter and on here as reliable as they are getting it from inside the club.

lets all go back to having a frank and open discussions about the prospective new manager.

Yes i have Tombo on my twitter his tweets can be a little brash sometimes but he is just passionate about BRFC as we all are in our own unique way :) keep smiling people

Jackpot :)

I'm glad to see you can relax! What a laid-back character you must be. Personally, I haven't relaxed since Venkys sacked Sam and I do not share your confidence about the right appointment being made.

Oh, all right then, let's all panic together and slag and abuse each other on the messageboard out of our frustration and cynicism at the supposed mess that's going around at the club. I'm sure by venting out your anger on other fans and complaining, being cynical and making judgements will somehow stir the cosmic forces or powers-to-be to change Blackburn Rovers's destiny and lead Venkys into making the right choice.

On a more serious note, I understand that everyone is on edge with all these rumors about Shebby Singh trying to usurp the director of football position and Judan Ali or a no-name manager who has already been deemed a failure by everyone here before he even takes on the job, but being cynical about it, whining and lashing out at other fans is not going to change anything. If you are so frustated about it, go join the BRFC Action Group and help Glen out instead of using all that energy to make fun of others. Honestly, it's annoying to see people getting slagged off just because they have different opinions. I mean, I come in here and I see someone getting abused because he thought Alan Shearer could do a good job, or braddock getting a lot of stick just because he says players shouldn't be booed. I mean, calm down and listen to yourselves, you're getting overly hysterical even before any names are officially announced. Do you think going to meltdown will somehow alter the course of history and lead to Shebby announcing that we'll be going for OGS, Schuster or whoever?

In more ways than one - it would appear that Shebby is the problem in this case. I do agree that you can give out too much information - Shebby needs to learn a very difficult balancing job between keeping the fans informed, but only letting out appropriate information. He should give John Williams a ring - he always appeared to keep fans in the loop - but never gave away as much information as Shebby appears to,

Archived