BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

To you maybe. I wasn't too sure if Tombo was from sussex until today. I asked around and was told that was the case. Which is why I have asked Mark to clarify that is who he is referring to.

And i will clarify that i was indeed referring to Tombo, just to avoid any unnecessary comebacks on Pafell :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In more ways than one - it would appear that Shebby is the problem in this case. I do agree that you can give out too much information - Shebby needs to learn a very difficult balancing job between keeping the fans informed, but only letting out appropriate information. He should give John Williams a ring - he always appeared to keep fans in the loop - but never gave away as much information as Shebby appears to,

out of all the bad things that Venkys have done getting rid of John Williams AND Tom Finn and replacing them with people like Paul Agnew has to rank amongst the worst ever

that and keeping Steve Kean on the payroll for 21 months

Oh, all right then, let's all panic together and slag and abuse each other on the messageboard out of our frustration and cynicism at the supposed mess that's going around at the club. I'm sure by venting out your anger on other fans and complaining, being cynical and making judgements will somehow stir the cosmic forces or powers-to-be to change Blackburn Rovers's destiny and lead Venkys into making the right choice.

On a more serious note, I understand that everyone is on edge with all these rumors about Shebby Singh trying to usurp the director of football position and Judan Ali or a no-name manager who has already been deemed a failure by everyone here before he even takes on the job, but being cynical about it, whining and lashing out at other fans is not going to change anything. If you are so frustated about it, go join the BRFC Action Group and help Glen out instead of using all that energy to make fun of others. Honestly, it's annoying to see people getting slagged off just because they have different opinions. I mean, I come in here and I see someone getting abused because he thought Alan Shearer could do a good job, or braddock getting a lot of stick just because he says players shouldn't be booed. I mean, calm down and listen to yourselves, you're getting overly hysterical even before any names are officially announced. Do you think going to meltdown will somehow alter the course of history and lead to Shebby announcing that we'll be going for OGS, Schuster or whoever?

Well it finally got Kean the sack so it might happen :)

Why just out of interest are you so heavily defending the virtues of Judan Ali??-he has absolutely NO managerial experience. O.k neither does Sherwood or Shearer but then they have a connection with the club/fan base.

Because my conscious is clear I will confirm that the person who Mark refers to is myself.

And i will clarify that i was indeed referring to Tombo, just to avoid any unnecessary comebacks on Pafell :)

This is all very confusing. So it is Tombo (aka the artist formerly known as West Sussex Rover) who you have the beef with Mark and not Kamy?

Well it finally got Kean the sack so it might happen :)

Why just out of interest are you so heavily defending the virtues of Judan Ali??-he has absolutely NO managerial experience. O.k neither does Sherwood or Shearer but then they have a connection with the club/fan base.

When did I defend Judan Ali? You've got the wrong guy.

This is all very confusing. So it is Tombo (aka the artist formerly known as West Sussex Rover) who you have the beef with Mark and not Kamy?

Sorry lol i'll try to be clearer.

The tweets regarding the lies about Trappatoni, refers to Tombo

The Text Messages to Shebby Singh are in relation to Kamy, as he has already confirmed.

Can someone who is in touch with Shebby please point out that OGS is the nearest fit to what he is after, while getting more fans than most back onside.. OGS at least learn't from the best, who cares if he is not British he knows the British game better than most and has a decent enough management career to date...Of course I would still prefer Schuster with a second to learn from him but thats just my opinion. At the end of the day no one can say that Mourinho did not learn from the best in the business for many years before taking his first management job lets please not go down the route of trying to fasttrack the next Mourinho without the influences he had.

BRAG are now redundant and have just become a bunch of egotistical gossip merchants, what brag and shebby are upto is just unprofessional and shouldn't really be happening at a club our size.

I think maybe the fans forum should be given a wider role as far as the issues they deal with are concerned OR a new official fans group should be set up by the club and widely advertised(in the LT) to attract fans from all sections of the fan base to become members(so not just those of fansites).

All this aside now this conv' with Shebby has been shared.

Do people consider Danny Murphy fits the criteria outlined?

He has clear managerial desires and would be cheap (as posted early expressed desire at fulham, turned down QPR and accepted/was offered a long term contract here-WHY??)

I really do not think this is a good option and i am apposed to it but i've a feeling based upon those comments....

I find it incredible that Shebby Singh is even discussing the next manager with supporters. Now I might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick here but it seems that some of our (more high profile) posters have been told certain things which, if true should have remained private and confidential. If I had put in for a job and my name was being passed from someone with a senior position to other people I would immediately withdraw my application.

If it is true then Shebby is guilty of a betrayal of trust by these applicants and his unprofessional attitude just adds to the chaos that clearly still reigns at Ewood.

Have to say i am with Kamy on this one. Shebby consulting with fans about the next appointment is a recipe for disaster, i think he even referred to it in his podcast saying talk to people within the game and do not listen to anyone else. It just amateur hour with Mr Singh, he is clearly feeding people lines and they are causing mass panic. We all love the Rovers but we have zero knowledge/experience on who to appoint.

This is clearly not going to end well at all.....

I find it incredible that Shebby Singh is even discussing the next manager with supporters. Now I might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick here but it seems that some of our (more high profile) posters have been told certain things which, if true should have remained private and confidential. If I had put in for a job and my name was being passed from someone with a senior position to other people I would immediately withdraw my application.

If it is true then Shebby is guilty of a betrayal of trust by these applicants and his unprofessional attitude just adds to the chaos that clearly still reigns at Ewood.

It could be simply to take the heat off actual key candidates from speculation from people who like to gossip!!! Maybe he wasn't giving anything away. (here is hoping!!!).

It could be simply to take the heat off actual key candidates from speculation from people who like to gossip!!! Maybe he wasn't giving anything away. (here is hoping!!!).

Maybe but given he has previous..............................

BRAG are now redundant and have just become a bunch of egotistical gossip merchants, what brag and shebby are upto is just unprofessional and shouldn't really be happening at a club our size.

I think maybe the fans forum should be given a wider role as far as the issues they deal with are concerned OR a new official fans group should be set up by the club and widely advertised(in the LT) to attract fans from all sections of the fan base to become members(so not just those of fansites).

Is that not the idea of the rovers trust. Two groups have formed as one group now.

I disagree. I think it'll be the one I've been warning you about for the past 12months.

Some people on here have obvious agendas, none more so than that one.

This is intriguing, after Kamy revealed he was the mystery texter (i agree with what you put Kamster) this leaves this mystery poster who has an agenda, hmmm

Gone are the days when all we had to worry about was being bored by Big Sam's hoofball...

Seriously though, the amount of point scoring that goes on here is so utterly pointless it borders on unbelievable and childish at times. Kean and Venkys have created a divide at our club that will take years to repair. It's sad to witness.

The post did not name any names , but basically said they wanted someone young , hungry who shared the owners philosophy , and preferably homegrown .

I have spoken to Kamy regarding this incident and frankly I'm still very annoyed by it , as indeed is Shebby Singh .

The day I can't report factual information to supporters when I'm in a meeting as representative for them , is the day I will leave the action group . This is something I'm certainly now considering .

This is not the first time it appears communication the group has with the club had tried to be discredited or ceased .

It's not bright , it's not smart and is a total injustice to thousands of supporters who are deeply concerned about the clubs long term future .

It's our job to express our members concerns and report back to them , as all our minutes show . It's not a popularity contest or who can break news first or indeed about keeping people in the dark . We have worked very hard in recent months on a number of areas to ensure 100% that the true story of the supporter unrest is reported back to India . The minutes from this last meeting will be in depth , but if people in the back ground which to halt the supporters efforts and keep them all in the dark . Then maybe it's time , that we all give up ? Our club has enough problems without people instigating extras

That is what a professional, experienced Global Advisor (still can't take that title seriously) would do, throw the wolfs off the scent. However, our rent-a-gob GA has previous in this department, i refer you to his King George's Hall 3 game claim and the much talked about points total.

Archived