BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

They've only sold 15k for today. I knew attendances wouldn't shoot up like people say. They won't go up until people know who's coming in

Not just that its the fact that a season ticket no longer represents the same value

Half season tickets may sell well but a pro rata one now would be a good seller

It is possible that the damage has been done, permanently, to the core fan base. If so, then it will only be when the club restores some sort of order across all fronts, including a return to the Premier League, that fans will return. No worries - I'll be there today, with 2 new faces :)

They've only sold 15k for today. I knew attendances wouldn't shoot up like people say. They won't go up until people know who's coming in

I agree with this. People aren't stupid, Rovers fans have become extremely savvy with what they're financially putting into the club as money has proved to be the only way to communicate with Venky's. It's crucial Shebby and the brothers make the correct decision so that we can all begin to move on. Im my opinion, we're still in limbo until a manager we can all get behind is appointed and even then, that's the just start.

Not just that its the fact that a season ticket no longer represents the same value

Half season tickets may sell well but a pro rata one now would be a good seller

You would hope that when a new manager is appointed, the marketing and financial department will be all over this.

Immensely looking forward to today's game - will be 5 in our party and it's the first time this season for all of us.

Honestly don't know what to expect - just hope that we go for it and Fabio starts - that lad excites me.

Expect gate to be up by 5,000 at about 16,000. This is on the basis of what some have previously said on here, including Glen Mullan, about official police numbers being around eleven thousandish at earlier matches.

Here's the team: Robinson, Hanley, Dann, Givet, Orr, Murphy, Lowe, Olsson, Formica, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Subs: Kean, Fabio Nunes, Dunn, Pedersen, Etuhu, Nuno Gomes, Rochina.

Another 3-5-2. Hopefully they'll have worked on the attacking part in the last couple of days

Here's the team: Robinson, Hanley, Dann, Givet, Orr, Murphy, Lowe, Olsson, Formica, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Subs: Kean, Fabio Nunes, Dunn, Pedersen, Etuhu, Nuno Gomes, Rochina.

Another 3-5-2. Hopefully they'll have worked on the attacking part in the last couple of days

Midfield still as weak as kean. Murphy better be on his game today.

It sounds like we're playing a kind of 5-3-2 but if it's not working and Olsson and Orr are pegged back then I'd like to see:

Robinson

Orr Hanley Dann Givet

Kazim Murphy Lowe Olsson

Formica

Rhodes

Pace on the wings.....Olsson can do lots of tracking back to help Givet and Lowe has good energy if limited ability.

Formica has a great engine which means Rhodes won't be too isolated and he can play through balls into Rhodes' feet which he thrives on.

Fabio Nunes and Nuno Gomes to come on....maybe Rochina as well/instead.

The thing is, we might have all been listening on the radio but a lot of others won't have been and will have appreciated those comments.

Formation not working, there's a surprise.....3/5 at the back hardly ever works.....does Black not think there's a reason most teams play 4 at a back? Wolves controlling the midfield at the moment.

Iain Dowie says it's been all Wolves and the players don't look comfortable with the formation.

Archived