BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Backroom

Isnt the whole objective to be competing against these guys on a regular basis with the aim to beat them at football.

We got a draw against Manchester @#/? City. Try a smile once in a while.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dann fails to win the header from the cross, surprise, surprise. Then poor Jason gets caught ball watching which you'd say is unfortunate but these guys keep getting caught out time and time again.

Find it a bit ridiculous to blame Lowe for their goal. Dann is a centre half, so him and Hanley should be the 2 people who have absolutely no chance of being beaten in the air off a corner. On top of that he's got about 2-3 seconds from the taking of the corner to react and attack the ball, how long has Lowe got from Dzeko's flick on to Negredo's shot? About half a second? The failure to win the first header was the reason for their goal, and as often as I spend on here defending him, that was 100% Dann's fault.

Find it a bit ridiculous to blame Lowe for their goal. Dann is a centre half, so him and Hanley should be the 2 people who have absolutely no chance of being beaten in the air off a corner. On top of that he's got about 2-3 seconds from the taking of the corner to react and attack the ball, how long has Lowe got from Dzeko's flick on to Negredo's shot? About half a second? The failure to win the first header was the reason for their goal, and as often as I spend on here defending him, that was 100% Dann's fault.

Dann is not on his own there is he? Dzeko is a bloody giant and good in the air to boot. I feel we are all being too picky.

Dann is not on his own there is he? Dzeko is a bloody giant and good in the air to boot. I feel we are all being too picky.

Maybe so but then so was Samba, and I don't remember him scoring off many corners. Reason being on set-pieces defenders get to use every dirty trick in the book and attacking players get to use none. If Dzeko's better in the air than Dann then Dann should have had 2 arms around him, tugging his shirt and climbing all over him. Its the side of football that I hate but you can guarantee City were doing that to our lot off every one of Spurr's throw-ins.

Maybe so but then so was Samba, and I don't remember him scoring off many corners. Reason being on set-pieces defenders get to use every dirty trick in the book and attacking players get to use none. If Dzeko's better in the air than Dann then Dann should have had 2 arms around him, tugging his shirt and climbing all over him. Its the side of football that I hate but you can guarantee City were doing that to our lot off every one of Spurr's throw-ins.

Dzeko didn't score from the corner.

btw Lescott was grappling Gestede for all he was worth but was outmuscled. Is he a poor CH too?

Dann was doing his utmost to do just that, unfortunately he couldn't get a grip and failed to make any attempt to win the ball in the air.

I differ in opinion from many in so much as I wouldn't be sorry to see Dann leave. I think we initially paid over the odds for him and in almost any game, opposing forwards could drive a bus between him and Hanley and invariably do, even with one or even two defensive midfielders sat in front of them.

Their goal/ our goal could both probably have been kept out by having men on the posts, surprising that neither side bothered with men on the posts

Really baffles me does that Kieran. No doubt Majiball will validate it as a modern day tactic but it's just stupidity to me.

Another thing that is crackers is having everybody back for corners. We did it v City late on which meant City's back man was stood on our side of the centre circle. A genuine speedster like King would have necessitated them keeping two men back to mark him, and a 'corner flag' ball from defence would give the team enough time to re-organise. Sometimes I wonder what they do at Brockhall.

Dzeko didn't score from the corner.

btw Lescott was grappling Gestede for all he was worth but was outmuscled. Is he a poor CH too?

Ok but he had a free header from the penalty spot. The difference between our goal and theirs proves my point perfectly. Gestede had to barrel through a cynical, aggressive shoulder into his chest from Lescott to get to his header, and did it magnificently (our goal is 95% down to him in my opinion). Dzeko? Just moved forward slightly and headed it while Dann was doing god knows what.

All in all I'm a fan of Dann but as a captain and multi-million pound player, he doesn't half make a lot of errors he shouldn't be making.

I may get a good larruping for this but Lowe is, to my mind, a decent player. One of few with a fathomable role and an apparent understanding of it.... ie. he is acutely aware of his limitations, there's no buccaneering inclinations or inventive sorcery, he's just duty-bound to anchor and make himself an obstacle to snuff-out opposing menace with his waspish nature.

Yes, he is fallible, at times very much so with his naive positioning, but so is every last one of our number manager included: Robbo is overly heavy and lacking agility when reaching low shots; Hanley is a loose cannon and prone to absent-mindedness; Cairney could score more from midfield; Rhodes is one-paced and weak when challenged with a muscular centre half and Gestede is historically goal-shy to name a few.

If Lowe was better disciplined and blessed with a touch more skill/awareness he wouldn't be playing for us; and you could apply that admonition to the lot of them. As it happens we have a dutiful and indefatigable holding mid who although unloved by many of us, is evidently appreciated by his team-mates and gaffer. Furthermore in spite of all the individual weaknesses in the squad as a collective they are, quietly, doing alright.

As an aside I'd imagine a good few of our opponents this season would recognise Lowe as something of a nuisance to be faced with. How many would diagnose his ever-presence as a facile Bowyer infatuation that leaves the side hamstrung I wonder? Jason is alright by me with room for improvement. The Plain Jane at the bar; but preferable to Courtesan Carla in the thick of it on the dance floor, who is neither loyal nor reliable.

When points have to be quarried as they were vs. Donny I'd imagine Gary and the lads would attribute a great deal more credit to Lowe and indeed Williamson than many fans do

• Backroom

He's decent I think the frustration comes when he plays alongside Williamson who is similarly restricted in forward movement!

When Evans comes back I think we will look a lot better myself although he also isn't very attacking minded.

By the way was it Lowe that hit the thunderbolt just over on the stroke of half time, good technique there to give him his due.

Lowe is decent sometimes but I thought Williamson was better against Doncaster, more involved and busier in the centre.

Still GB persists to play Lowe and Williamson together, and keeps on doing so and must fancy having 2 holding players in there to keep us solid.

Archived