BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't surprise me if there was something in the Maradona thing. Shebby could have made contact to keep one of the Rao's sweet to sure him up if it comes down to a battle of wills between him and Shaw. Such names can be used as devices for various motives, much like Redknapp's camp may be using ours.

I don't believe for a second that Redknapp is serious about this job and sending his advisers up here doesn't change that.

If Berg is to be the man, he will have my full support but it will represent a missed opportunity if candidates of the quality of Holloway were available at the time.

Indeed it would be funny.

I don't want 'funny' - I have had a belly full of my team being the butt of jokes from other fans, pundits and managers.

I want a decision based on common sense rationale, which will give us stability, credibility, longevity and the best chance of promotion back to the premiership.

Somehow I don't think that's the way it will pan out.

Maybe Balaji has the final say.

Venkys - Change in Directorate

Venkys (India) Ltd has informed BSE that the Company in its Board meeting held on October 29, 2012, has re-appointed Mr. B. Balaji Rao as Managing Director of the Company with effect from November 01, 2012 for a period of 5 years.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/stock_market/corp_notices.php?autono=609822

Don't forget Berg stood up to Souness more than once which ended up with him being shoved out eventually. A solid organiser on the pitch and leader off it without the ego of the likes of Sherwood etc. Not my first choice but could turn out to be ok. Would certainly be better than Kean :)

It's not going to be Redknapp. Why?

1) No money

2) Too far

3) He could easily get a job in the prem

4) Our owners are nutcases- you would have to be crazy to work with them

Absolutely no reason for him to come to us.

Holloway, OGS are possible. I feel it will probably be Berg. Popular with the fans, had some managerial success (as well as failure), a small enough name to be pushed around by ShebbyVenky's.

It's not going to be Redknapp. Why?

1) No money

2) Too far

3) He could easily get a job in the prem

4) Our owners are nutcases- you would have to be crazy to work with them

Absolutely no reason for him to come to us.

Holloway, OGS are possible. I feel it will probably be Berg. Popular with the fans, had some managerial success (as well as failure), a small enough name to be pushed around by ShebbyVenky's.

Don't those same four reasons apply to OGS as well?

Don't forget Berg stood up to Souness more than once which ended up with him being shoved out eventually. A solid organiser on the pitch and leader off it without the ego of the likes of Sherwood etc. Not my first choice but could turn out to be ok. Would certainly be better than Kean :)

I don't get all the negativity towards Berg; there is absolutely nothing in his career to justify him being labelled a puppet, he's a million miles more a man than Kean ever was. Doesn't have a stellar track record but has a much better one than Kean.

It should also be remembered that the majority on here were against the appointment of Souness: "Washed up", "Flopped in last 2 jobs" etc etc

If our shortlist consists of Redknapp, Holloway and Berg then I will be horrified if Berg ends up getting the job. Clearly the least qualified and the biggest risk.

Eddie, can i point out that Mark Hughes only had the Wales job behind him prior to taking the BRFC job. I wouldn't be so quick as to discredit Berg in any shape or form.

Is he the only least qualified for this job because of his only management experience is outside the UK and worldwide scope of the media??

It's who Berg surrounds himself with as in terms with an assistant and coaches and change of management style with the players. Does anybody know Berg’s style of management and how he wants his team to play football he achieved win percentages of 45.8% with Lyn Oslo and 31.4% with Lillestrom still better the previous manager of BRFC by a country mile (28.3%). Yes different league and different circumstances but still managed to win football games.

Whilst Hughes was left to get on with it in terms of player recruitment and talking with John Williams and Tom Finn and working with a strict transfer budget. The new manager whoever he maybe is going to have to contend with Shebby and Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew (good help him with Agnew, still have no idea what the old PR guy brings to the table in such an important decision and time for the club, should of gone with Kean in my book)

Out of the three mentioned . Harry would get my vote it’s what role Shebby plays if Harry took the job. Harry doesn't have a good track record with DoF people his Southampton days were overseen by a egg chasing coach if I remember rightly.

If Harry took the job I would imagine Shebby’s role would have to change which I believe it should do anyway the position of global advisor is unheard of and he should be streamlined into a official title he is not listed as an official of the club of any sort (i.e. Director,board member)

Don’t get me wrong I really like Shebby he is straight talking says what he thinks and has presented a door for communication between supporters and the club’s owners he leaves himself out for some flack of sections of the media and fans but generally he is a great guy to have around.

Sort of . I don't think OGS will be that bothered about cash, but he would probably be able to swing a job in the prem, and has no reason to have to put up with Venkys.

I could see him coming, but not likely.

Berg looks a shoo-in to me now. I hope he is actually a good manager....

Not sure about 2 and 3.

Too far...well obviously it's far from Norway. But apparently both he and his family were very happy in Chesire, they could easily return to the same area where they live during his long stay at Man Utd.

PL job...not many managers jump from the Norwegian league into the PL. I know Villa showed interest, but I don't think there would be many clubs willing to take the risk. I could see him at somewhere like Wigan if Martinez moved on.

Those comments alone in that article are enough to tell me he isnt the right man, what a loony

It's not a bad proposal. Needs a bit of tweaking maybe. Not sure if I'd want it implemented as it would have allsorts of effects on positioning etc that the young players should be getting to grips with, and also posibilities of people conceding a fourth on purpose to get the extra man on if they are three down and not in the game, but it's certainly not a loony proposal.

Those comments alone in that article are enough to tell me he isnt the right man, what a loony

Let's get something in perspective here, he is only backing the idea for youth teams, NOT professional football. I guessing the idea is to not put off or demotivate the better players of poor teams who may otherwise quit the game if they play for a team that is getting battered every week.

Personally I think it's a silly idea but only because at 4-0 down I don't think a 12th man would really make that much of a difference. It would also mean having to change the shape and tactics of your team which could end up in the team performing worse.

Uh what?

He is saying in youth games where the purpose of the game is to improve your players technically and in terms of fitness adding an extra player could help mitigate massively mismatched games which do little to help the quallity of either sides development.

What is crazy about that? Seems a reasonable enough thing to say to me...

Uh what?

He is saying in youth games where the purpose of the game is to improve your players technically and in terms of fitness adding an extra player could help mitigate massively mismatched games which do little to help the quallity of either sides development.

What is crazy about that? Seems a reasonable enough thing to say to me...

Football has and should always be 11 v 11. Anyone wanting to change and go against the tradition of the game has to have a screw loose slightly!!

Archived