BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

LET?....more bull to fool the fans with.

I'm sure the LT only go with what they are told by the club in all fairness SG. They're not going to make it up. But hey!! It was all lies again! What a shocker!!

As an aside, did Sky point out that his car has been stolen and is parked outside the Roverstore?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because i'm clinging to all hope ..... didnt someone post or tweet that it was Harry's reps that were coming today not harry in person and that they would negotiate on his behalf

If it's taken this long to appoint Berg, Robinson or similar, Shebby needs to be asked some serious questions.

The process have taken way to long, but you can't say its a scandal just because we end up with Berg. I am no ITK'er and I really hope that they have taken their time and interviewed as many as they could in the search of the correct manager.

What I am terrified of is Singh finding a "yes-man". I dont think Berg is such a "yes-man". He has integrity and will command discipline from the players right away. He is good with tactics and creates defensive stability at the same time his team entertains. He is also very good at nurturing young talent. I can see Berg fitting with the Venkys model.

I didn't believe for one minute he was being interviewed or even interested, wish he was interested but never going to happen.

TBF though why has it taken so long for him to come out and deny it on Sky, why has he waited for the day of his supposed interview to deny the links when he's had at least a week now to do it.

I certainly think he must have shown enough interest, or a lack of dis-interest, to be seriously considered. I'm of the opinion that whilst harry wasn't at Ewood, his advisers probably were. There's too much smoke for it to be complete fantasy.

IMO he's been courting QPR/Southampton the whole time and has deliberately let the stories mount to try and force one of their hands. Now it's the day of the interview, he had to finally talk about the issue.

The process have taken way to long, but you can't say its a scandal just because we end up with Berg. I am no ITK'er and I really hope that they have taken their time and interviewed as many as they could in the search of the correct manager.

What I am terrified of is Singh finding a "yes-man". I dont think Berg is such a "yes-man". He has integrity and will command discipline from the players right away. He is good with tactics and creates defensive stability at the same time his team entertains. He is also very good at nurturing young talent. I can see Berg fitting with the Venkys model.

If that's the case, why he has he not had more success in Norway?

I'd give Berg full support until there was reason otherwise, but his record is very average in a very average league.

fair play to nicko I dont usual trust his stories but he has been spot on all along with this even the redknapp announcing soon that he would not be interested (just before the ssn interview) I wonder who his tip is for manager as he told someone before to not back berg....

Berg is not a 'yes man'. I seem to recall him arguing with Souness during a game about tactics, or substitutions, or something. If you argue with Souness you are definitely not a 'yes man'.

fair play to nicko I dont usual trust his stories but he has been spot on all along with this even the redknapp announcing soon that he would not be interested (just before the ssn interview) I wonder who his tip is for manager as he told someone before to not back berg....

But he wasnt playing golf, he was at home!!

If that's the case, why he has he not had more success in Norway?

I'd give Berg full support until there was reason otherwise, but his record is very average in a very average league.

You cant race a Jag with a MIni, his record is quite decent really if you see what he had to work with!!

Ah, the ITK crowd strike again!

Redknapp seemingly never applied and was never interested.

It's possible that his agent put his name about in an attempt to get QPR/Soton to move on their current managers, but I genuinely never expected to see Harry at Ewood.

Anyway, let's await the positive appointment of Mr Holloway...

Harry's reps did meet with us this morning apparently....

HARRY Redknapp has ruled himself out of the running to be the next manager of Blackburn Rovers.

It is understood Redknapp's representatives met club officials this morning but agreement could not be reached.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10015405._/?

Not that I ever thought we'd be getting Redknapp but just because he's saying he is not interested doesn't mean he wasn't at one time or that he wasn't spoken to.

Quite feasibly could have spoken to us, said he wanted full control and a high wage or something which was rejected by us. It would then probably be in the interest of both parties to more or less deny any kind of communication.

As soon as SSN broke the news Harry was interested, he himself called into SSN telling us in no uncertain terms to take it off the yellow ticker... It was his agent touting it about obviously to get QPR's attention..

I'm guessing (hoping) other journos were getting info from the agent also...

45% win ratio and 30% clean sheet ratio at Lyn LeChuck.

Lillestrøm is a horrible club with internal chaos. That though is a little bit to similar to Rovers at the moment and is a bit of a worry.

He took 3rd place with Lyn in his first season.

Read Puffsan's post from yesterday.

The Lyn supporters still say that "Berg walks on water"

He has been with us in Championship before. He knows what its all about.

He re-joined Blackburn in September 2000, initially on loan for 3 months, before securing a permanent transfer. Further success followed for Berg, with Rovers being promoted back to the Premier League in 2001. The following season, Blackburn won the League Cup with Berg lifting the trophy as captain.

His weight?

Good God. I hope not. It would be the icing on top of a sham cake.

I am praying it isn't Maradona. I can't understand why Venkys would appoint Berg when they had the backlash of McKinley. Quite similar?

Still holding hope of Holloway as I have a rather large bet on him off the back of a very good source.

• Backroom

As soon as SSN broke the news Harry was interested, he himself called into SSN telling us in no uncertain terms to take it off the yellow ticker... It was his agent touting it about obviously to get QPR's attention..

I'm guessing (hoping) other journos were getting info from the agent also...

And from past experience this info is reliable folks

Archived