BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is not one player? Even a non Norwegian? What about the centre half that OGS was saying could play for United?

This other pundit's point was that it was a bad idea in case results didn't go too well. If he had brought in a bunch of Norwegians it could have been seen as a "Job for the boys" kind of thing.

There are probably some who are good enough, but I suppose it all depends on which positions Henning decides we need to strengthen.

I'd be very interested in a poll about Berg's appointment.

Option 1: "I'm very happy with the appointment if not the process"

Option 2: "Wouldn't have been in my top 3 but I'll get behind him now he's here"

Option 3: "I'm unhappy with this appointment and see it as another mistake by the club. Venkys out".

Option 4: "That's me done with Rovers"

Oh god no more polls pleeaasee

There is not one player? Even a non Norwegian? What about the centre half that OGS was saying could play for United?

I dont think Vegard Forren is good enough yet and I cant come up with other names.

Maybe joshua King or Vegard Eggen hedenstad. RB who is very good going forward, but struggling defensively. Berg would Maybe turn him into a real player. Just got his first call-up to the national team.

Interesting to hear his preferred tactics are fast wingers, solid defence, and high work rate. That the total opposite to Kean.

Indeed, no wingers, exposed defence and crap work rate. Incredible how some journalists "manager of the year" has been over looked for so many jobs recently.

Anyway, enough of that wazzock. Good luck Henning. Don't take any crap off these idiots. Choose your friends carefully.

• Backroom

I just said in another thread that Eric Black deserves a lot of credit for keeping us ticking over, solid and in touch with the leaders and I hope there is a role for him

However Henning has to have free reign to pick his staff or we start on the wrong foot straight away

I was hoping all this ITK nonsense would stop now.

So why don't you tell us then?

I hope the missed opportunities who were never named remain never named, at the very least until Berg has had a decent chance at Ewood. They have not been appointed in the way that both Laudrup and Mancini both made the final two and lost to Ince and Allardyce respectively.

A point of reflection- Norwegians and Swedes are the most wonderful company (usually) but there is nobody to beat them at keeping a poker face.

Henning probably got the job as the only candidate who did not burst out laughing at his interviewers...

No matter, Henning Berg is our manager and let's rally round him.

I just said in another thread that Eric Black deserves a lot of credit for keeping us ticking over, solid and in touch with the leaders and I hope there is a role for him

However Henning has to have free reign to pick his staff or we start on the wrong foot straight away

Well said Tom

After doing some reading on the internal turmoil at Lillestrøm, evidently with several power-struggles, one thing seems clear: Berg is not a yes-man.

Some possible negatives:

- Man-management:

There has been criticism of his man-management skills at Lillestrøm, and that he's been too autoritative and demanding on his sorroundings. When he was sacked at Lillestrøm, it happened after a long time of reportedly internal turmoil (in addition to lack of results on the field). Some reports of a culture of fear in the club. How much of this is true is uncertain. (There was a lot of rumours going around before his sacking, and some could be attributed to people spreading rumours in a power-struggle trying to force him out. )

- Media-handling:

He may appear grumpy / un-enthusiastic / negative. I'm not saying he's not charismatic or a good motivator to the players, but he never appeared that way in the media. There'll be no funny quotes, or joking around. You'll be lucky if you ever see him smile during press interviews. Don't think the journalists will like him particularily well, contrary to say Holloway.

He's been facing critisism for his negativity both as a manager for Lyn and Lillestrøm, but while working as a pundit in TV he gradually did soften up and started to lighten up, so maybe he'll be more outgoing than ever this time around.

I am a supporter of FK Lyn (Henning's first club as Manager in Norway). And I must say that I truly believe Berg would be good for Rovers.

Henning Berg is is a typical 4-4-2 manager, he is extremely good at building teams with young players on a low budget, and he may have some post match interviews that would put Ian Holloway in the shade..

On the other hand, you have OGS that really has not proven anything in Norway other than that he can buy himself a title.

Well he got sacked after getting 1 point from 8 games. Thats worse than Kean.

That's right but only after losing 4 key players without getting any new ones in, playing with 8-9 teenagers in the starting eleven is almost impossible.. When he had his best players Lillestrøm were top of the table!

Suprisingly feel pretty bhappy about this appointment, there is no doubt that shebby and co have bumbled there way through this process, but we now have a man who

1. Knows and loves this club

2.has some managerial experience

3. Isn't a yes man (according to puffsan and the Norwegians!)

4. Most importantly isn't Steve Kean!!

sorry to mention his name but just think where we were 5 weeks ago, and how desperately we wanted him out! now is the time to get behind Berg and the team. Boycotting, booing etc. is doing nothing to help our club.

Does anybody have any thoughts or knowledge on who his backroom will be? this to me is almost as important as the managerial appointment itself

Been talking to some norwegian friends (liverpool fans mostly). They dont really like him.

To be fair many norwegians doesn't like Berg. In media he has been presented as quite grumpy, which is why i think he agreed to be a pundit. I think tv2 convinced him to become a pundit because he could improve his body and facial language to look more positive and happy.

Just watched Henning Bergs first interview on tv2 btw. I have never seen him so happy before. He looked really proud and was absolutely thrilled to be back at rovers.

My mate just text me this "In the sky news report that Derek shaw introduce berg to media as 'berg won the treble with man untited', surely winning the title with you would be more appropriate thing to say."

Or captain of league cup winning side. There is a slim chance he's winding me up but if not why would you introduce him like that.

Absolutely un-chuffing believable. Does that idiot know just a little bit about our history ????

Seems more are warming to the Berg appointment.

Generally, positive in the local and all wanting to give him a chance and to do well.

As said earlier, and others have said, critical he has complete control of staff / player decisions.

I guess we are about to find out. There is a rumour that one member of backroom staff already gone !

Absolutely un-chuffing believable. Does that idiot know just a little bit about our history ????

Are you surprised?, he's a knobender along with his mate Aggers. I hope Berg gets a hold on the club and manages to convince ''that lot'' over in Pune to ditch these monkeys and get John Williams and a respectable team back at the club. Unlikely I know but we can all dream I suppose.

Archived