BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Thanks for posting those promotion goals- we scored some screamers but very struck by the number of headed goals and converted penalties.

The current squad is not as good as that promotion squad but I think we are should still have enough to force the issue this season.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just two points of pedantry on the preview, Perth.

The Birmingham team that took part in the inaugural Inter -Cities Fairs Cup was a hybrid team made up of players from City, Villa & WBA as it was exactly what it said on the tin - a competition representing cities rather than clubs for its first couple of years. Hence "London" also had a team.

And Brum weren't in the Prem in our title season - we played them in the League Cup, a two legger, winning at home and drawing down there

Cheers Meadows , of course they weren't in the Prem that season had a blank moment when typing it up, just looked at my scribblings prior to typing and just wrote down 2-0 1-1 94/95

3-1 Rovers

We haven't tonked anyone for ages so hopefully a decent performance get 2 goals up do the usual relax sit back and let one in. Berg roars at them from the sidelines, makes the correct changes, the crowd roar at them to "ged into em" and we kill the game off with a 3rd to huge out pouring of emotion. Bingo! the season begins.

just had a look outside of my window, and it looks like Ronaldinho might be starting against Birmingham tomorrow, along with Kaka and Beckham

Robinson

Henley Dann Hanley Marcus Olsson

Beckham Etuhu Kaka Rochina

Ronaldinho

Rhodes

Think that midfield looks a bit lightweight myself

Loony juice?

Yes, because of course we haven't already put 5 past a team this season, and Brum haven't already conceded 5 in a game. Admittedly my 'prediction' is more in hope than expectation but there have been many, many stranger results even within the past week my learned friend. Murphy takes pens and Rhodes scores for fun, while Rochina is looking more confident now. My guess may not be as far fetched as your rather rude reply indicates. I've put money on it anyway so I guess that makes me even more of a 'loony'.

• Backroom

just had a look outside of my window, and it looks like Ronaldinho might be starting against Birmingham tomorrow, along with Kaka and Beckham

Robinson

Henley Dann Hanley Marcus Olsson

Beckham Etuhu Kaka Rochina

Ronaldinho

Rhodes

Judging by the orangey glow around this morning when I walked the dogs, maybe the cast of TheOnlyWayIsEssex are about......*shudder*

Birmingham are one of 3 clubs who with the new investment/takeovers if they spend in the transfer window could be a serious contender this is one we must win I'll go for 1-0 Rhodes in a tough game with no much given away by either side...

as I stated after Tuesday some fans were looking at that game with Rose tinted glasses we still haven't played well all season and are 6th if Berg can get us playing somewhat like we'll be a good bet for promotion

Archived