• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Robinson

Henley Dann Hanley Olsson

Vukcevic Etuhu Murphy Olsson

Rochina

Rhodes

If Givet was available, I'd rather see him at LB with either Olsson at LM. It'd look more solid defensively, I reckon. But that looks like pretty much our best available team tbh.

My team (injuries to Gomes, Lowe, Dunn, Givet, Best assumed):

---Robbo---

Henley-Dann-Hanley-MnOllson

Vukcie-Etuhu-Murphy-Pedersen

-------Rochina-Rhodes----------

For me, Markcus ollson offers nothing. Whilst Pedersen's general play is usually poor, at least he chips in with a lot of assists.

I'm looking forward to this, it will be my first home game of the season!

My team (injuries to Gomes, Lowe, Dunn, Givet, Best assumed):

---Robbo---

Henley-Dann-Hanley-MnOllson

Vukcie-Etuhu-Murphy-Pedersen

-------Rochina-Rhodes----------

For me, Markcus ollson offers nothing. Whilst Pedersen's general play is usually poor, at least he chips in with a lot of assists.

I'm looking forward to this, it will be my first home game of the season!

Agreed assuming the injuries you mention. Should Givet be fit then I would Probably choose him at centre half in place of Hanley. Alternatively Pedersen out, Givet left back and Martin Olsson pushing up to left wing. Also my first home game of the season. Anyone know ticket numbers yet? Surely should be better than previous home games.

Robinson

Rochina

Rhodes

Surely Pedersen provides more than Marcus Olsson. He's less than useless.

Yes, I believe so......on Football Manager, it was up to around the 27/28th of November.

Here we go - "the first half of the Season, after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November"....needs to be before then.

Cameron Jerome would be my top target at the moment then. Need a biggun to shake it up a bit up there. Always thought he was decent too, particularly for Brum.

Lets hope that they dont cross the ball near Scot Dann for an attempt at goal, and that their midfield is slower than ours. Then we can contemplate a home victory.

Wonder what the betting markets in the far east are saying about this one.

I have been watching Rovers for over 40 yrs and Birmingham must be the most uninspiring team ever !

Except for when Trevor Francis was a teenager they have been dour and turgid, probably got 2nd team in 2nd city syndrome //

I don't think they being the visitors will help the gate , so going for 14236 ...

I don't share the Berg optimism , with this present group of players , far too many just not good enough .

Middlesborough are far far superior to us ...

Lets hope that they dont cross the ball near Scot Dann for an attempt at goal, and that their midfield is slower than ours. Then we can contemplate a home victory.

Wonder what the betting markets in the far east are saying about this one.

Dann's been playing a lot better this season imo. Probably due to the calibre of the opposition but still. If he can cut out the occasional lapse in concentration he'll be even better.

No idea what the far East betting markets are saying. Don't care either as it's completely irrelevant to the outcome of the game.

Dann's been playing a lot better this season imo. Probably due to the calibre of the opposition but still. If he can cut out the occasional lapse in concentration he'll be even better.

We certainly dont want to be seeing the six foot eight Serbian striker for Brum stood near the penalty spot as a cross comes floating in.

Can't wait for this one! Getting to Blackburn from Southport circa 1:15...beers on the way in the car and to the pub for even more! Sloshed, happy and hopefully have a sore throat from all the noise we will be making.

Think we might see a bumper crowd tomorrow - for no other reason than its a pound a ticket for kids.

Robinson

Rochina

Rhodes

If Givet was available, I'd rather see him at LB with either Olsson at LM. It'd look more solid defensively, I reckon. But that looks like pretty much our best available team tbh.

Yeah, I worked with what I thought was available. If Givet, Best and Nuno Gomes were healthy, I'd give it a bit more thought and probably go for a 4-4-2 or 4-4-3, depending on the opposition. I really want to see what Best and Rhodes can do up top together.

Yeah, I worked with what I thought was available. If Givet, Best and Nuno Gomes were healthy, I'd give it a bit more thought and probably go for a 4-4-2 or 4-4-3, depending on the opposition. I really want to see what Best and Rhodes can do up top together.

Agreed. 4 4 2 every day of the week. We might not have the players at the moment but for me it's the only way to play. Full backs over lapping, wingers tracking back, a ball player and a runner in the middle. Everything else is a variation.

A squad of 24 / 25 tops, cover for every position and a couple of wild cards - then the youth coming through.

Easy ain't it?

Then again just sign a shed load of midfielders from the north of Spain, the agents son, the Scottish Rooney, Denis and the monks best friend and disappear over night. It pays well after all.

I'd go for a 4-4-3 every week if we could get away with it :P

The only thing that is worrying me is, if we go for a target man up top, where does that leave Ruben? Cause we can't leave Rhodes out after paying £8m for him, plus he only needs a couple of chances to bag a goal. I'm not sure we can shoehorn Rhodes, Rochina AND a big target man into the team. Personally, I'd rather we worked out a strategy where we used Rochina and Rhodes together, which probably means keeping it on the deck more. Rochina has the potential to get to the very top if he can iron out the more greedy tendencies he has at the minute. But Best / A.N.Other target man can come on to give us another option if the more subtle approach isn't working.

The only thing that is worrying me is, if we go for a target man up top, where does that leave Ruben? Cause we can't leave Rhodes out after paying £8m for him, plus he only needs a couple of chances to bag a goal. I'm not sure we can shoehorn Rhodes, Rochina AND a big target man into the team. Personally, I'd rather we worked out a strategy where we used Rochina and Rhodes together, which probably means keeping it on the deck more. Rochina has the potential to get to the very top if he can iron out the more greedy tendencies he has at the minute. But Best / A.N.Other target man can come on to give us another option if the more subtle approach isn't working.

But if you take away those tendancies, you reduce his effectiveness, as Berg has quite rightly said, he has to do these things in the right areas!

What I mean is, his decision-making has to improve. I.e. He needs to learn when to slide a pass through to someone in a more advanced position rather than trying a 30 yarder, or not trying to take that 3rd person on and passing it to a team mate in a better position, etc. A certain amount of greediness is OK, as long as he can back it up with an end product. The lad has a phenomenal amount of potential, it's waiting to be harnessed in the right way. Hopefully Berg can be the man to do it, after all, he's already shown that he's spotted the talent that we all saw months ago.

It's quite simple really. Rhodes scores goals. Build a team round him. Rochina doesn't, for all his potential.

Archived