BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

I agree completely, but, who would provide more goals for Rhodes (whilst chipping in with a few of his own), Rochina or a big target man ala Best? Because the answer to that question will dictate how you set up the rest of the team. If you decide on Rochina, then you need to set the team up to play it more on the deck and work more chances for him / opportunities for him to slip a ball in to Rhodes. If you go for a big man up top with Rhodes (ie Best) then you can go more direct and let Rhodes feed off more knock downs, etc.

It's a big decision and I really wouldn't want to be the one to have to make it. If we go for the Rochina approach, we have Dunn, Gomes and possibly Formica who can cover his role so we don't need to get another forward in January and can concentrate on other areas of the team (i.e. Left back / Defensive midfield). If we go for a target man approach, then we will realistically need to at least loan someone who can play that role until Best is back(e.g Cameron Jerome?). Plus, we won't have much use for one of Dunn / Rochina / Gomes, so may need to sell one of them to make room on the wage bill rather than have an unhappy player who isn't getting game time because they don't fit the tactics. Berg has a lot of thinking to do.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite simple really. Rhodes scores goals. Build a team round him. Rochina doesn't, for all his potential.

Build a team round both of them. I'm sure Rhodes can score just as easily from Rochina sliding him in than from "a big lump" flicking the ball off. It's simple for me too - if Rochina's in the side, he's there to create. It's down to Murphy and Etuhu to stop the opposition. Generally speaking of course.

We certainly dont want to be seeing the six foot eight Serbian striker for Brum stood near the penalty spot as a cross comes floating in.

Know what you mean Zigic is one of those funny players like Crouch or Duncan Ferguson who when they're off form look bloody awful but on a going day they're practically unplayable.

Really looking forward to this one but it will be far from easy.

Hoping we can nick it. Going for 2-1 or 3-2.

I agree completely, but, who would provide more goals for Rhodes (whilst chipping in with a few of his own), Rochina or a big target man ala Best? Because the answer to that question will dictate how you set up the rest of the team. If you decide on Rochina, then you need to set the team up to play it more on the deck and work more chances for him / opportunities for him to slip a ball in to Rhodes. If you go for a big man up top with Rhodes (ie Best) then you can go more direct and let Rhodes feed off more knock downs, etc.

It's a big decision and I really wouldn't want to be the one to have to make it. If we go for the Rochina approach, we have Dunn, Gomes and possibly Formica who can cover his role so we don't need to get another forward in January and can concentrate on other areas of the team (i.e. Left back / Defensive midfield). If we go for a target man approach, then we will realistically need to at least loan someone who can play that role until Best is back(e.g Cameron Jerome?). Plus, we won't have much use for one of Dunn / Rochina / Gomes, so may need to sell one of them to make room on the wage bill rather than have an unhappy player who isn't getting game time because they don't fit the tactics. Berg has a lot of thinking to do.

Build a team round both of them. I'm sure Rhodes can score just as easily from Rochina sliding him in than from "a big lump" flicking the ball off. It's simple for me too - if Rochina's in the side, he's there to create. It's down to Murphy and Etuhu to stop the opposition. Generally speaking of course.

Good stuff fellas. I believe we'll end up 4 4 2 eventually. Best was / is too expensive to leave out - when talking parachute payments as someone was the other day (Bryan maybe?) just consider that we get 16m this year - Best cost 4, is on a reported 35k a week on a 4 year deal. That's 10m. 1 player. Frightening stuff.

Anyway, Best and Rhodes up front then. Can we accommodate Rochina?

Behind the front 2? Not easily. We need width. Its been criminally over looked for 2 years - and people wonder why Murphy cant pick out a pass - Tugay would struggle when everyone is stood together and not making a run (or on CKR's case, stood 10 yards away, marked, waving his arms about).

Out wide on the right? Perhaps, he'd have to increase his work rate - track back and defend. If he can add that I'd be delighted as he's undoubtedly a very talented player. It's a tough one.

The crowd should be decent, not just because of the Berg factor but the kids for a quid deal is also on. I went to sort our Burnley tickets after work yesterday and the ticket office was very busy.

Looking forward to it today, its gonna be a close one, hopefully Simon will start.

What about 4-2-3-1

Robbo

Henley Dann Givet Olsson

Etuhu Murphy (or Lowe)

Simon Rhodes Rochina

Best

All depends on whether Rhodes has the ability to play a slightly withdrawn role - though.

Can't wait for this one! Getting to Blackburn from Southport circa 1:15...beers on the way in the car and to the pub for even more! Sloshed, happy and hopefully have a sore throat from all the noise we will be making.

Think we might see a bumper crowd tomorrow - for no other reason than its a pound a ticket for kids.

I hope you are not doing the driving.

The Berg-Factor as spread, gone and signed up for 3months on a website to make sure I see todays game live.....Now I'm excited,

COME ON YOU BLUES!!! HENNING BERG'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!

Pm me or send to iamarover@gmail.com please? Your comments obviously and not any dodgy web site which would be useful here in Asia

Sorry I know im posting in the wrong thread, does anybody know how good/how long the extended match highlights are on rovers player ? Thanks

The 'extended' highlights are not available until a few days after the game though i think, ive just done the trial and then cancelled as the live commentary was very unstable for me(and i have decent broadband speeds), commentary kept freezing every few mins so i had to keep refreshing the page(very irritating).

Danny Murphy is not playing today due to man flu

to be fair it is going round, ive got it bad and it came on pretty fast yesterday(i know!!! boo hoo for me).

Ahhh...REALLY looking forward to todays game! It's televised here in Norway and combined with the increased (positive) media coverage since Berg was appointed I have a really good feeling about today. Hope those going to Ewood get 100% behind the team and sing their hearts out even if we should go behind.

Hoping to see Vuckcevic in the starting lineup and perhaps Raheem Hanley to get 10-15 min as a sub. Going for a 2-0 win. COYB! :rover:

Archived