BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

• 2 weeks later...

I was away so didn't see it, but they often throw up some decent bouts Abs.

Some interesting fights coming up, Hatton more for nostalgia than anything else, followed him to Vegas a couple of times for the Mayweather and Malignaggi fights, felt a bit let down when it was revealed he liked the marching powder, but hey ho.

Carl Froch always gives value for money, he fights tomorrow and Flintoff is also stepping into the ring also

Munroe v Scott Quigg should be a good domestic fight too.

Edited by GAV

Hector Macho Camacho shot in face and brain dead. Very sorry to hear this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-20422895

The winner of three world titles was wounded in a drive-by attack outside the capital, San Juan, on Tuesday.

He suffered a heart attack in hospital overnight and doctors say his condition is now "very poor".

Edited by Audax

He was indeed, great warrior, never saw him in a dull fight that I can recall.

Got a few mates going to the Hatton fight, £210 for a floor seat!

I've still not got over his coke admission myself, thousands of fans, us included, followed him to Vegas and spent thousands of pounds, and all that time he was snorting the Columbian marching powder between fights, felt a bit let down to be honest.

That said, if he makes it to Vegas again I'll be going :P

Edited by GAV

Why? It's only coke, not doing anyone any harm. You probably cross loads of people every day that have done it.

I hope he wins on Saturday, British boxing needs him at the moment.

I think Gav's point was he wasn't training as hard and cleanly as he could, meaning those spending thousands to go to Vegas were less likely to get their money's worth from following him.

That said, I thought the drugs stuff was after the Pac fight?

I think Gav's point was he wasn't training as hard and cleanly as he could, meaning those spending thousands to go to Vegas were less likely to get their money's worth from following him.

Same here, possibly why I got a bit confused. I thought he fell off the wagon once he retired because he felt empty without boxing.

He wasn't doing anything like that when he was fighting, surely?

Yes spot on T4E.

I think he was caught after the Pac fight, but I'm not buying he wasn't at it before when 'off duty'

What was it that happened after the Pacquiao defeat to make him retire in the first place? Fair enough, he was horribly exposed and took a pretty brutal beating, but he'd still be a big draw in Manchester against lesser fighters.

There was a lot of talk at the time about how he should quit for the sake of his health and never fight again. Strange how he could go from being so highly rated to having people worry about him getting killed or whatever after just a couple of defeats.

What was it that happened after the Pacquiao defeat to make him retire in the first place? Fair enough, he was horribly exposed and took a pretty brutal beating, but he'd still be a big draw in Manchester against lesser fighters.

There was a lot of talk at the time about how he should quit for the sake of his health and never fight again. Strange how he could go from being so highly rated to having people worry about him getting killed or whatever after just a couple of defeats.

I think it was the nature of the defeat, he was knocked out badly by Pacquiao and if we're honest he had nowhere to go at stage of his career really even though he was relatively young. Its a different time now, some decent fights our there for him with another crack at Mayweather or Pacman if things go according to plan.

I wish him well, despite the coke issues, and must admit to looking forward to the fight tonight, its good to have him back. I can't get up for most fights these days, Froch is the next best thing, so hope Ricky puts on a decent show, I'm sure he will.

Sad end for Ricky. That was a tough opponent for a comeback after 3 1/2 years.

Very tough opponent who had only lost once prior to this fight. It typifies the man Hatton is though, never really shirked a challenge and for me was very much in the fight prior to the KO.

He has retired now, so lets hope he continues his rehab and this for me, will be his biggest challenges to date.

Very tough opponent who had only lost once prior to this fight. It typifies the man Hatton is though, never really shirked a challenge and for me was very much in the fight prior to the KO.

Totally agree, three and a half years out of the ring and he takes on a bloke of that quality, shed over three stone. Solar plexus was it ? No getting up after one of those.

Al least he went after his opponent standing toe to toe unlike fighters like Ali who ran away for fifteen rounds.

• Backroom

Whilst I don't know much about boxing as such he seems the kind of guy that this may eat away at him even though he says he's happy now

The gazza comparisons seem worryingly possible