BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Why couldn't he get himself that fit when he was a so-called professional cricketer ? Great player for a very short period but if he'd looked after his body better instead of boozing and overeating he might still be wearing the red rose of Lancashire and England and indulging in his favourite occupation of smashing Australian bowlers all over the cricket field instead of making a fool of himself in the boxing ring. .

Another cracking fight this weekend. Pacman v Marquez Part 4. I thought Marquez won the last one, but somehow judges gave it to Manny. Will be interesting to see how Marquez approaches this, with him stating in the press conference he'll need a KO to convince the judges.

Amir Khan also fighting next week agaisnt Molina (sp?). Easy fight for Khan to ease him in after his defeat to Garcia.

On Flintoff, what an embarassment the guy was to the sport of boxing. I was livid beforehand, and more so after the fight after watching him punch like a girl (sorry to the ladies reading this). The fight should never have been a professional fight and if he wanted to step into the ring so badly, he could have organised a charity event for Sport Relief. Absolute joke.

On Flintoff, what an embarassment the guy was to the sport of boxing. I was livid beforehand, and more so after the fight after watching him punch like a girl (sorry to the ladies reading this). The fight should never have been a professional fight and if he wanted to step into the ring so badly, he could have organised a charity event for Sport Relief. Absolute joke.

That's just low level professional boxing for you. The other guy had won his first two professional fights, so of course it should have been a pro fight.

The problem is that those fights are not usually on TV.

What a fight Pacman v Marquez was! Both down in the early rounds then a devastating punch by Marquez knocked Pacquaio out cold for 2 minutes. Caught him flush in the face with a second to go in the round.

That's now 2 defeats on the bounce for Manny, and although the one vs Bradley was controversial, I think we can kiss goodbye to Pacquaio vs Mayweather.

Mayweather was always going to be too much for Pac anyway. It may have more chance of happening now Pac may have to give up a little bit of ground. Floyd would make him look silly, he wouldn't be able to hit him.

• 9 months later...

Huge shame for boxing.

Talking of boxing. How good is Floyd Mayweather? An absolute boxing master-class at the weekend against Canelo Alvarez. He seems to be getting better with age.

Would love to see him take on Khan at Wembley next year, however I don't think it will happen due to Khan's inabilities as a boxer.

Looking forward to Haye vs Fury and Groves vs Froch.

Both completely sold out, luckily for me I have ringside tickets for both! Cannot wait!

Derek Chisora has won the vacant European belt (don't know which organisation). No doubt he'll fight Haye or Fraudley next, in a fight eagerly anticipated by..............not many.

Haye did look to have a nasty cut, but he is all mouth isn't he?

I see no one mentioned Tommy "The Duke" Morrison passing away aged 44, after losing his battle with AIDS. Most people will remember him as Tommy Gunn in Rocky V. On his day he was a powerhouse fighter with a ferocious left-hook, let down by that glass jaw of his. Otherwise I think he could've posed Tyson a challenge had they ever stepped into the ring together.

Too bad he ruined his career, and his life, because he couldn't keep it in his trousers.

Edited by Amarillo
  • Like 1

I see no one mentioned Tommy "The Duke" Morrison passing away aged 44, after losing his battle with AIDS. Most people will remember him as Tommy Gunn in Rocky V. On his day he was a powerhouse fighter with a ferocious left-hook, let down by that glass jaw of his. Otherwise I think we could've posed Tyson a challenge had they ever stepped into the ring together.

Too bad he ruined his career, and his life, because he couldn't keep it in his trousers. By appearing in Rocky V

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Khan set to fight Floyd Mayweather on May 3rd. A total mismatch imo but win-win for Khan. He'll get an absolute fortune and even if he totally embarrasses himself people will say "well, it was Mayweather" and think no less of him. It's not like he'll be ranked any lower if he loses and there's always the chance of a lucky punch.

Guest Norbert

Surely Floyd would tonk him. Still, like you say he'd get a big shed full of cash. Would be great to see Khan get that lucky punch and knock out Floyd though, the wife beating gobshite.