BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Guys a prick but fair play to him and his team, got their tactics and his fitness spot on. Very very poor from Wlad though, so terrifield of getting ko'd that he won't go for it himself which has been his way all along.

Out goes the jab and grab giant and in comes the dance around with hands down then rabbit punch and nut the side of your opponents head with the back of yours close in man mountain champion.

You don't have to be good in this era just huge.

Just distresses me to see a guy like Fury getting ALL those belts after just basically dancing around the ring all night. Crazy to have them all on the line after working so hard to unify them. Of course he only has himself to blame he should have fought tooth and nail but it's crap they are all in the hands of one guy who's come from nowhere and was only mandatory to one belt.

Shocking state of heavyweight boxing but to be fair the only ones I see beating Fury is a Haye at his best, unlikely now, or Joshua when he's ready but for me he's nowhere near yet. Fury beats Wilder and the rest.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Agree with a lot of these comments, the heavyweight division has been poor for a while and Klitschko has been hogging the belts and not helping matters.

Fair play to Fury though, he did what he needed to, did not expect Klitschko to lose on points in Düsseldorf though!

Tyson Fury has somehow managed to get himself a fight with Klitschko in October, says more about the division that someone of his limited ability gets into the ring with a champion of limited ability in a division void of any real talent.

Ok so I'm being a bit harsh on Klitschko, you have to give the guy respect, he's unbeaten in over 12yrs so he's no mug, but he’s dominated a division void of talent and has gone about it in a very sterile way, turning millions of boxing fans off in the process.

As for Fury, well to be honest I think Abbey would beat him! He’s also an idiot, Fury not Abbey, some of his twitter rants show him to be a classless idiot and I hope Kilitschko does him in 1 round to puts this idiot out to pasture.

Nah Abbey wouldn't beat him Gav. He's the heavy weight champion of the world, not the bouncer at the dog and duck.

Don't waste your money Tomphil, Fury will get nowhere near Klitschko, shouldn't be in the same ring.

But if you do go I hope Klitschko knocks him out, bit like Khan and Barrera, I never wanted a fighter to win more than Barrera that night, simply because Barrera is a legend and Khan didn’t deserve to be in the same ring as him. Sadly Marco was over the hill, but I'll never forget the Boo's when Khan did his ring walk, this despite Frank Warren playing cheering and clapping over the loud speakers.

I think you meant Klitchko wouldn't get near Fury. Just got your words mixed up.

Sorry my point didn't 'stretch' you, I'll try harder next time.

You're championing Tyson Furry a few pages back? And you appreciate the sport at all levels?

Not heavyweight obviously....

Yeah I appreciate the sport at all levels. And heavyweight obviously. More importantly I know what I am talking about. What about you?

Congratulations to Tyson Fury. Chuffed for the lad. To all those suprised a bigger, younger, longer, quicker and hungrier man won the fight you need to actually study and learn about the sport and employ a tad of common sense as well.

Three belt Heavyweight World Champion. Go on lad. Made for life. Dynamite.

• Like 1

It was no real surprise as he was always in with a good shout and in no way whatsoever is this a Douglas / Tyson type scenario some of the press are trying to whip it up as. Probably the biggest victory of the night was the stuff in the background with the gloves and canvas. You have to respect team Fury for sticking to their guns on that one, many would have bent over and taken it then took their money and gone win or lose.

As for the fight itself three belts for that is an absolute travesty and if I was the boxing governing bodies of those belts I'd be keeping a close eye on them. You know what Pikeys are like for weighing stuff in ... :o:o

Klitchko's punching was so ineffective is was untrue for a Champion.Fair play to Fury who did better than I thought he would but overall the quality is pish poor.

What has happened to heavyweight boxing?...neither of these longshank lumps last night would have lasted one round against the likes of Ali,Foreman and Tyson in their prime.Even the Noble Art appears 'dumbed down' to me these days,simply not as vicious and brutal.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

It's getting a bit like footy, athlete first, skill set second. If Klitscko had stepped on the gas a few rounds earlier it could have been different but Fury does have a good boxing brain on him i'll give him that. Still maintain that a good heavyweight who gets on his chin will stop him, when he did take a couple late on his legs always look like they could buckle.

Thing is with his new found athleticism I can't see anyone getting near him just because of the sheer size and movement. Wlads talking about a rematch and he deserves one as the long reigning champ who put ALL his belts on the line if not his performance.

If I were him though I'd forget it unless he's going to go for it properly @#/? or bust which is doubtful. He'll get stopped next time with that same approach.

• Like 2

Disappointing fight. Summed up Klitchko perfectly. The minute he faced a bigger man he struggled. Relatively easy fight for Fury. Wished he'd have stood his ground and pushed him back a bit more.

If Klitchko fancies a re-match he deserves it for his lasting record, not based on his performance last night. Will need to change tactics however, take some chances and risk getting sparked out.

Nah Abbey wouldn't beat him Gav. He's the heavy weight champion of the world, not the bouncer at the dog and duck.

I think you meant Klitchko wouldn't get near Fury. Just got your words mixed up.

Yeah I appreciate the sport at all levels. And heavyweight obviously. More importantly I know what I am talking about. What about you?

Congratulations to Tyson Fury. Chuffed for the lad. To all those suprised a bigger, younger, longer, quicker and hungrier man won the fight you need to actually study and learn about the sport and employ a tad of common sense as well.

Three belt Heavyweight World Champion. Go on lad. Made for life. Dynamite.

You come across as a bit of a smart arse if you don't mind me saying so.

I love boxing and have never professed to be anything other than a keen amature observer, so why on earth you see the need to trawl through posts from the past is anyone's guess, shows a lack of class really.

Fury stunned the boxing world, every pro commentator I heard called it Klitchko, but you had Fury, good effort from both of you....

• Like 1

You come across as a bit of a smart arse if you don't mind me saying so.

I love boxing and have never professed to be anything other than a keen amature observer, so why on earth you see the need to trawl through posts from the past is anyone's guess, shows a lack of class really.

Fury stunned the boxing world, every pro commentator I heard called it Klitchko, but you had Fury, good effort from both of you....

Smart arse? Cool. I only comment on stuff I know about and don't claim any expertise or knowledge when I'm clueless. Make of that what you will. The lack of class came from you. Surprised me back then. Read your own words. Told me I knew jack about heavyweight boxing because I dared to suggest Fury could win. No wonder you don't like me reminding you.

It was obvious Fury had a cracking chance, even away from home.

• Like 3

Smart arse? Cool. I only comment on stuff I know about and don't claim any expertise or knowledge when I'm clueless. Make of that what you will. The lack of class came from you. Surprised me back then. Read your own words. Told me I knew jack about heavyweight boxing because I dared to suggest Fury could win. No wonder you don't like me reminding you.

It was obvious Fury had a cracking chance, even away from home.

I've told you what I think, your post lacks class, we all comment on most subjects we're not experts in, by your own admission above you do not, you're an expert, so I'll be careful in future and keep an eye out going forward 😉

Let's not spoil the thread by trading insults.

James Degale went almost unnoticed last night fighting Lucian Bute in Canada and came away with what looks on paper to be a credible point victory, did anyone see the fight?

Degale talking about Badou Jack next year in Vegas, the conquer of George Groves, Eubank Jnr possibly, or dropping down and fighting Golovkin, but surely he'll be advised to avoid him like the plague, then we have Froch who is still talking about fighting, so who knows.

I've told you what I think, your post lacks class, we all comment on most subjects we're not experts in, by your own admission above you do not, you're an expert, so I'll be careful in future and keep an eye out going forward

Let's not spoil the thread by trading insults.

I'm not spoiling anything. If you don't want your ill-thought out posts repeating, don't write them. Your always moaning people do not read back a few pages but when someone does and reminds you, suddenly it is crass.

You said I knew nothing about heavyweight boxing because I thought Fury would win. Care to retract that stupid comment?

James Degale went almost unnoticed last night fighting Lucian Bute in Canada and came away with what looks on paper to be a credible point victory, did anyone see the fight?

Degale talking about Badou Jack next year in Vegas, the conquer of George Groves, Eubank Jnr possibly, or dropping down and fighting Golovkin, but surely he'll be advised to avoid him like the plague, then we have Froch who is still talking about fighting, so who knows.

I saw the fight. ;)

Bute away was always going to be a tough fight, irrespective of how easily Froch beat him up. Last chance saloon and he put up a great effort. Ring commentators and Eddie Hearn had the fight close, maybe one round in it. Mcdonald told Degale he needed to win the last two rounds to win. Suprisingly, the judges saw it heavily in Degales favour, the result bringing boos and dsisacontent from the partisan home crowd. I thought Degale had won, but felt it was very close.

Courageous of Degale to take his first defence away from home. He is a very confident fighter indeed. Won the title away, defended it away and now talking about unifying belts away again against Badou Jack. I think he wins that fight on points, too slick, too quick.

Problem for Degale going up the levels is I don''t think he can knock the very best out and also suffers from stamina / concentration in the later rounds. I think Froch would get him on the ropes walking through his shots and take it away from him. On the stamina issue he looked tight at the weight which is a concern only one defence in.

Meanwhile Froch is stating his current weight is 13 stone 7 with 8% body fat. Says there is no way he could get back to super middle-weight and if returning would have to fight at light-heavy. (Froch also thought Joshua is ill-matched against Whyte. I'm ot so sure and think it could be a cracker.

Pleased for Crolla, Liam Smith, Fury and Degale. I think I am correct in saying we have 12 world champions at this time which is a cracking effort.

Not seen it yet but sounds like a good effort from Degale and a great confidence builder, not that he needs it like. Agree I always thought Froch would have had too much for Degale and I'd like to see him set the record straight with big mouth Groves although not sure he should keep getting title shots.

Joshua / Whyte is an interesting one, if it's a trade off it really could go either way but if they box a bit I expect Joshua to come out on top inside 5. As much as I'd love to see Fury ironed out I don't think AJ is ready for him yet he needs to be mixing it with the Chisoras for a good few hard rounds in a couple more fights yet.

Not seen it yet but sounds like a good effort from Degale and a great confidence builder, not that he needs it like. Agree I always thought Froch would have had too much for Degale and I'd like to see him set the record straight with big mouth Groves although not sure he should keep getting title shots.

Joshua / Whyte is an interesting one, if it's a trade off it really could go either way but if they box a bit I expect Joshua to come out on top inside 5. As much as I'd love to see Fury ironed out I don't think AJ is ready for him yet he needs to be mixing it with the Chisoras for a good few hard rounds in a couple more fights yet.

It was a good effort from Degale. Viewed on Showtime and apparently the Americans liked what they saw. Must be in a good position to now challenge Jack.

I know the smart money is on Joshua. At the risk of being called clueless, I am stating now that I think Whyte has a cracking chance against him. I base this on their history as youngsters, the fact they have previously fought and also the fact that Whyte has had 80 kick-boxing fights. If you are used to being kicked in the chops maybe he can take Joshua's punches to the face? Meanwhile, what is Joshua's chin like? I'm thinking and hoping their is an upset. Love seeing Eddie Hearn go white about the gills and Joshua needs testing. Needless, its not a career defining fight for either and time is on their sides. Happy whoever wins.

Fury ironed out? Not sure why everyone dislikes him and you can only beat what is stood in front of you. He bigged up his chances and sold his fight. If wanting to see the real Fury, watch the Gloves are Off or Behind the Ropes in the fight build-up. Bullshit baffles brains.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker

I've high hopes for AJ, as long as he keeps his feet on the ground and the team around him don't rush him, he could well dominate the division in years to come and hopefully destroy that clown Fury in the process if Haye doesn't beat him to it.

• Like 1