BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and Tyson Furyious anger".

I'm surprised he's never once used this at a press conference yet, pretty sure he could do a truly horrendous impression of Samuel L. Jackson to entertain the masses. On a serious note well done to him, bit of a muppet buy hey its boxing and always good to see a Brit at the top.

I'm not as in to it as I used to be. Was a big Hatton fan and loved the competition around that weight at the time. But when money, possibly doping and I suspect some amount of self-preservation scuppered the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, back when they were both in their prime, I started losing interest. Can you imagine Messi and Ronaldo refusing to play on the same pitch, or Federer/Nadal, or Ovett/Coe refusing to race each other. That piddling around for 6 years avoiding each other after Pacquiao beat Hatton was dreadful for the sport and made me question if indeed it is one. Fury/Joshua might get me interested again though if that comes up in a couple of years.

It was a good effort from Degale. Viewed on Showtime and apparently the Americans liked what they saw. Must be in a good position to now challenge Jack.

I know the smart money is on Joshua. At the risk of being called clueless, I am stating now that I think Whyte has a cracking chance against him. I base this on their history as youngsters, the fact they have previously fought and also the fact that Whyte has had 80 kick-boxing fights. If you are used to being kicked in the chops maybe he can take Joshua's punches to the face? Meanwhile, what is Joshua's chin like? I'm thinking and hoping their is an upset. Love seeing Eddie Hearn go white about the gills and Joshua needs testing. Needless, its not a career defining fight for either and time is on their sides. Happy whoever wins.

Fury ironed out? Not sure why everyone dislikes him and you can only beat what is stood in front of you. He bigged up his chances and sold his fight. If wanting to see the real Fury, watch the Gloves are Off or Behind the Ropes in the fight build-up. Bullshit baffles brains.

I caught the gloves are off and didn't think much of it other than the usual mouth. Stating that he was much younger and bigger as he repeatedly did wasn't rocket science just like his tactics of dance and counter using his much bigger reach weren't. Has to have massive credit for sticking to it and carrying it through though as well as getting into the shape to do it for such a big cumbersome guy.

Saw some behind the ropes and yes I was surprised at his boxing brain and the guy is very intelligent. Fact remains though that he's a loud mouth prick from a family of scumbags and he spent the last few months making it impossible for hardly anyone to take to him, u makes yer bed as they say. Not that he cares, he genuinely doesn't which helps his daft image.

Fact is though that for everything Fury did good the other night Wlad was equally as bad. 50% Fury made him look that way but the other 50 was a bit of a no show with him. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you don't rate them though and Fury can be a force in this below average division. I remain far from convinced there is anything great about him though and I just wish the other night it was only for one version of the crown as that would be more fitting for him at this stage but that's boxing I suppose.

I caught the gloves are off and didn't think much of it other than the usual mouth. Stating that he was much younger and bigger as he repeatedly did wasn't rocket science just like his tactics of dance and counter using his much bigger reach weren't. Has to have massive credit for sticking to it and carrying it through though as well as getting into the shape to do it for such a big cumbersome guy.

Saw some behind the ropes and yes I was surprised at his boxing brain and the guy is very intelligent. Fact remains though that he's a loud mouth prick from a family of scumbags and he spent the last few months making it impossible for hardly anyone to take to him, u makes yer bed as they say. Not that he cares, he genuinely doesn't which helps his daft image.

Fact is though that for everything Fury did good the other night Wlad was equally as bad. 50% Fury made him look that way but the other 50 was a bit of a no show with him. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you don't rate them though and Fury can be a force in this below average division. I remain far from convinced there is anything great about him though and I just wish the other night it was only for one version of the crown as that would be more fitting for him at this stage but that's boxing I suppose.

Agree with most of this, especially the last paragraph.

Disagree Fury should have commented differently pre-fight. His comments and acting were simply designed to upset his rival and promote interest in the fight. Job done in hindsight.

Klitchko didn't turn up. Pathetic. 18 power shots thrown all fight? That should have been his tally at the end of round 4.

Fury was also crap. Just not as crap as Klitchko. You have to hope there are tougher tests ahead. I personally scored it level after the point deduction. Styles make matches / fights as we all know. Too big units cancelling each other out with both of them frightened to get levelled.

Yeah if the Ukrainian had thrown just 20% more jabs or whatever then the scorecards could have looked different although again I get the impression Fury is quite adaptable.

Just touching on the fitness side of it again it takes some doing to shed 6 stones in a month yet stay in top fighting shape. Maybe it's just a question of cutting out crap but if some other heavyweights had followed that path just how good could they have been. I'm thinking Bowe, Buster Douglas after he dethroned Tyson and one or two others. Fury looks like he could crack at any min but he must have some serious mental strength to be fair.

Both camps have been talking up a rematch, but the sticking point could be the venue. It sounds to me like the venue is contracted back in Germany but the Fury camp want it back in the UK or Ireland.

I feel they'll avoid Klitchko altogether if the lawyers can pull it off, surely Vlad won't be that bad second time around, then again maybe he's just 'shot' who knows.

Edited by GAV

Worst title fight I think I've seen . He must be pound for pound the worst champion . It was awful I hope someone knocks his head off his shoulder the next time the disrespectful turd puts his arms round his back .

Chunky on the other fought superbly and I had him 4 up .

Lenny Daws robbed, great fight, two lads going at it, good honest brawl, ref got it wrong.

Rematch will be worth watching chaps.

Will Abbey step forward and shut that embarrassment Fury up? the mans a joke, somebody please consign that idiot to tarmacing for the foreseable future.

Edited by GAV

Will Abbey step forward and shut that embarrassment Fury up? the mans a joke, somebody please consign that idiot to tarmacing for the foreseable future.

Both fighters have cleverly engineered a second pay day. Watching the fight on youtube Klitchsko keeps his right hand tucked into his chest most of the time, Fury just ambled around him point scoring. Surprise surprise, the automatic rematch was in the small print all along.

Hopefully (for him) Fury will get tw@tted and for no better reason than calling his kids 'Prince' and 'Venezuela'

• Like 2

I thought maybe Klitschkos tactic was just to stalk Fury around the ring and hope to pounce at some point with a big right hand straight down the pipe. However I can't help thinking something was amiss because the few times he got in range he didn't throw the right at all, then in the last round he lets a few go and had a bit of success. A bit strange him starting to put the wraps on his right hand before he was being observed.

Busted hand maybe ? Not that I'm saying he would have won but he must have known he was way behind going into the last 3 rounds so it was a really odd fight.

Good night of boxing coming up on tv on Sat night. Was supposed to be being dragged around Manchester Christmas markets but sod it, I won't be being dragged away from the box for all the mulled wine in Manchester !

Eubank v O'Sullivan should be tasty, Whyte v AJ explosive, Saunders v Andy Lee a tear up and Mitchell, Bellew always come to fight. Just a pity we might see another former great like Roy Jones getting bashed up again :(

Some pretty decent fights tonight with

Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte

Chris Eubank Jr v Gary O'Sullivan

Kevin Mitchell v Ismael Barroso

Tony Bellew v Mateusz Masternak

Yvan Mendy beat Luke Campbell

Dereck Chisora beat Jakov Gospic

Paulie Malignaggi beat Antonio Moscatiello

Then later on bt sports 2 Aldo vs mcgregor in ufc.

Lost a bet with lad at work when fury won done a double or quits as he thinks Whyte will win. I'm pretty confident Joshua will spark him out but I was pretty confident fury would lose so who knows.

Shame for Whyte tonight. Can't take to Joshua at all. Hoping someone wipes that smug look off his face soon. No class at all. You might not like your opponent, but at least show a bit of respect afterwards. Need someone with Whyte's power and a better chin to knock the cocky @#/? on his back.

Eubank Jr. did well, there'll be tougher fights ahead, but he needs to stop the showboating.

Barroso is a bit of a dark horse! Sparked him with a jab! One to keep an eye on.

????yes Joshua hit him late at the end of the rd but why're shoved ref and then swing at Joshua whilst he was on his stool .

I'd have done the same at the end . Back in my day if I'd have shoved a ref and attacked someone sat down I would have been booted from the gsme completely.. Only one disrespect shown .. Whyte

• Like 1

Mills Lane or someone like that would have thrown Whyte out probably. He was getting beat up at that point so it was classic cheap shots out of frustration. No surprise that he rattled AJ after that as it clearly had the desired effect and took him off his game plan for a bit. Credit to them both though, cracking fight. proper stuff you want to see from heavyweights.

Joshua has to learn to grab when he gets tagged though like Whyte was doing, shades of Bruno in there a few times whilst he tries to keep fighting in vicious bursts like Tyson. Once he got behind the jab he loosened up a bit and looked a class act. Also good to see him come through the big shots.

Whyte will have gained a few new fans as well he walked the walk. I'd like to see him have a bash at Fury he has a style that could trouble him on the inside.

Great night of boxing well worth the coin for once although I switched over and watched Jones v Enzo. I cleaned up quite well as I had Enzo in round 4 the odds were amazing. Gives me no pleasure though seeing Jones done like that, he must be stopped from fighting NOW.

The after the bell stuff at the end of the first looked 6 of one to me. It actually looked like Joshua instigated it, but Whyte did go over the line. I just can't take to Joshua at all, he seems like a smug Prince Naseem type who's too full of himself and believes his own hype. Needs putting on his arse, it'd do him good. Deserved win and excellent finish in the end though.

Professionally, If he can get his feet back on the ground and be less of a smug arse he can go as far as he wants. Can definitely see him being as good as the likes of Lewis was, but needs to be involved in a few wars to see if he has the balls and the chin. Tonight was the first test of that and he had a bit of a wobble, but came through it with a bit of style. Fair play to him. Personally, think he's nowhere near ready for the big boys yet, just hope he doesn't get thrown in with them yet.

Edited by Reidy You're a Star

Enjoyed last nights offerings. Joshua pushed further than anyone else has managed. Eubank Jr vs O'Sullivan was pretty brutal with O'Sullivan taking some serious punishment. There was upsets for Mitchell and Campbell and bellew vs the polish fella was a closely fought fight.

Then switched over to the ufc and the bloke Aldo who hadn't lost in 10 years was put down in 13 seconds.