BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

I thought he was a goner then I checked the other guys record and he's neither fought nor beaten anyone anywhere near Bellews standard. No doubt the lad can punch but it's about taking them as well.

Proves bookies know naff all as Bellew was 80-1 to win in the first few rounds this morning. I've missed out cleaning up there :(

Edited by tomphil

I thought he was a goner then I checked the other guys record and he's neither fought nor beaten anyone anywhere near Bellews standard. No doubt the lad can punch but it's about taking them as well.

Proves bookies know naff all as Bellew was 80-1 to win in the first few rounds this morning. I've missed out cleaning up there :(

80-1? Bellew was 6-1 to knock him out.

Pleased for Bellew and Ricky Burns. Would like to see Haye v Bellew at cruiserweight.

Good win for Tyrone Nurse as well against Willie Lamond. Good to see David Price back as well. 19+ stone and 6 foot 9!

80-1? Bellew was 6-1 to knock him out.

Pleased for Bellew and Ricky Burns. Would like to see Haye v Bellew at cruiserweight.

Good win for Tyrone Nurse as well against Willie Lamond. Good to see David Price back as well. 19+ stone and 6 foot 9!

On the round by round betting on sky bet he was 80-1 over the first few rounds to win by KO, it fell to about 66-1 nearer the fight.

Price certainly looked physically better and was good to see Burns turn it on again, I thought he'd lost that kind of form a few years ago.

Bellew v Haye would be good, for me Haye spanks him pretty quick no matter what weight. Bellew can't resist going to war.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead

Devastating news. The greatest without question.

'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, your hands can't hit what your eyes can't see'.

R.I.P champ :,-(

Devastating news. The greatest without question.

'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, your hands can't hit what your eyes can't see'.

R.I.P champ :,-(

Made a brutal sport acceptable. He was a great man. RIP

• Like 1

I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.

• Like 3

Most popular muslim ever in the western world?

He made a couple of very powerful speeches about Islam that ring so very true to this day, and its worth recounting part of one of them here:

"The word 'Islam' means 'peace.' The word 'Muslim' means 'one who surrenders to God.' "

RIP The Greatest

• Like 1

One of the greatest boxers of all time during what what was considered by many to be the golden era of heavyweight boxing but he was much more than that. He became a true icon especially culturally during the turbulent times of civil rights in America in the 60's and the Vietnam war years (which robbed him three years of his boxing prime).

• Like 1

Liam Smith is starting to look like the real deal. Big win tonight and with a body shot! Still not convinced Alvarez is the best option next. But IF he keeps going like this then the biggest names must surely be on the agenda.

Edited by patrickvalery

Big risk taking on Canelo next unless they could maybe get him over here, I still think he's a bit over rated but a top fighter non the less. Besides I thought it was a done deal he was fighting GGG next.

Most popular muslim ever in the western world?

He made a couple of very powerful speeches about Islam that ring so very true to this day, and its worth recounting part of one of them here:

"The word 'Islam' means 'peace.' The word 'Muslim' means 'one who surrenders to God.' "

RIP The Greatest

Nonetheless, Ali was still manipulated by the Nation of Islam for their own socio-political cause.

Liam Smith is starting to look like the real deal. Big win tonight and with a body shot! Still not convinced Alvarez is the best option next. But IF he keeps going like this then the biggest names must surely be on the agenda.

Yes Patrick he is looking really good. Big at the weight and stopped his last 9 opponents inside the distance. A handful for anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Andre Ward v Kovalev has been made for the Autumn. That's a really interesting one, will Wards spoiling tactics and slick counter punching be enough to outpoint Krusher ? Will he find some power at his new weight and will he take the shots he's bound to get caught with ?

Looks like Andre Ward v Kovalev has been made for the Autumn. That's a really interesting one, will Wards spoiling tactics and slick counter punching be enough to outpoint Krusher ? Will he find some power at his new weight and will he take the shots he's bound to get caught with ?

I sense a Ward 'injury' coming on.

• Like 1

I sense a Ward 'injury' coming on.

I don't. He has been stymied by promoters and avoided by fighters for a long time now. I think he will handle Kovalev's power and win relatively comfortably. Few made Froch look pedestrian, but Ward beat him without leaving 2nd gear. Rate Kovalev however and he could be as much as 20 pounds heavier come fight night.

Joshua at weekend against Breazale (sp). The American has been talking the talk, stated he was embarrassed by Charles Martin's performance and that he is here to win. Talk is cheap, but the guy is a big unit and has 15 KO's from 17 fights. Joshua is 16 from 16 of course. Quite a number of pundits are predicting an easy win for Joshua inside 2 or 3 rounds. I am not so sure and wonder if this guy can give him a tough evening.

Eubank on the undercard against Doran defending his British Middleweight title. Claims that the problems experienced in his last fight (Nick Blackwell) will not affect him in the same way it affected his father. Next stop Golovkin if he comes through that which should be interesting.

• Moderation Lead

I don't. He has been stymied by promoters and avoided by fighters for a long time now. I think he will handle Kovalev's power and win relatively comfortably. Few made Froch look pedestrian, but Ward beat him without leaving 2nd gear. Rate Kovalev however and he could be as much as 20 pounds heavier come fight night.

Joshua at weekend against Breazale (sp). The American has been talking the talk, stated he was embarrassed by Charles Martin's performance and that he is here to win. Talk is cheap, but the guy is a big unit and has 15 KO's from 17 fights. Joshua is 16 from 16 of course. Quite a number of pundits are predicting an easy win for Joshua inside 2 or 3 rounds. I am not so sure and wonder if this guy can give him a tough evening.

Eubank on the undercard against Doran defending his British Middleweight title. Claims that the problems experienced in his last fight (Nick Blackwell) will not affect him in the same way it affected his father. Next stop Golovkin if he comes through that which should be interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing Joshua again at the weekend, as well as Eubank Jr, I feel those two have a hell of a lot of potential and it's just a matter of realising it. Eubank Jr. needs to stop throwing bombs as much though, it must be exhausting for him!

Then, in a couple of weeks' time, Klitschko vs Fury 2! My sister has very selfishly decided to have a 30th birthday do that night..... :( I'll have to stick Box Nation on in my parent's living room, it might attract a few stragglers! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing Joshua again at the weekend, as well as Eubank Jr, I feel those two have a hell of a lot of potential and it's just a matter of realising it. Eubank Jr. needs to stop throwing bombs as much though, it must be exhausting for him!

Then, in a couple of weeks' time, Klitschko vs Fury 2! My sister has very selfishly decided to have a 30th birthday do that night..... :( I'll have to stick Box Nation on in my parent's living room, it might attract a few stragglers! :D

Hope Fury v Klitchko takes off this time round. Be nice to see Fury really tested and see if he can come through. I was very confident he would win last time round, little has changed and I don't see how Klitchko beats him unless attacking, pushing forward and letting his punches go. Which could play straight into Fury's hands. Interesting nevertheless.