BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

• 3 weeks later...

Golovkin = Robbed - Again.

Much better fight than the last one, 2 warriors that left nothing in the ring, but GGG won that on everyone's card other than the judges at ringside.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll do it all again very soon. 

• Like 1

Looking at those two fights i'd actually give the second a draw, GGG was robbed in the first but they'd never give a draw in this one after the mess of the first. It was only ever going to go one way on points they tried their best to get it to Canelo in the first one.

WBC & Goldenboy promotions are boxing mafia and pee in each others pockets it's an open secret over there.

All the crap aside yes you've got to credit both fighters for two wars and fair play to Canelo he's stood up to all GGG could offer for 24 rounds and not get ko'ed. Seems that was enough in the judges eyes.

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Looking at those two fights i'd actually give the second a draw, GGG was robbed in the first but they'd never give a draw in this one after the mess of the first. It was only ever going to go one way on points they tried their best to get it to Canelo in the first one.

WBC & Goldenboy promotions are boxing mafia and pee in each others pockets it's an open secret over there.

All the crap aside yes you've got to credit both fighters for two wars and fair play to Canelo he's stood up to all GGG could offer for 24 rounds and not get ko'ed. Seems that was enough in the judges eyes.

I've had time to watch the fight again and it was much closer than I originally thought.

I think you're right tomphil, a draw was certainly the best result this time around but that would have been a bridge to far for many, especially the promotion team.  

2 very good fights, let's do it again in the New Year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've had time to watch the fight again and it was much closer than I originally thought.

I think you're right tomphil, a draw was certainly the best result this time around but that would have been a bridge to far for many, especially the promotion team.  

2 very good fights, let's do it again in the New Year.

Only thing I disagree on there is them doing it again putting their asses on the line to earn all the leaches in suits a load of money again to make sure it's called which way they want it to be.

Can't see Golovkin now ever beating Canelo he's getting on and those two wars will have taken it out of him I bet. He's put his best on Alvarez and not got rid of him to get it away from the judges so it's time to leave it imo.

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only thing I disagree on there is them doing it again putting their asses on the line to earn all the leaches in suits a load of money again to make sure it's called which way they want it to be.

Can't see Golovkin now ever beating Canelo he's getting on and those two wars will have taken it out of him I bet. He's put his best on Alvarez and not got rid of him to get it away from the judges so it's time to leave it imo.

Just goes to show how good Mayweather is, despite him being a complete arse.

He had little or no problems beating Alvarez, just technically far superior.

Strong rumours of Pacman v Mayweather 2, the first fight was 3/4yrs too late, this one only makes sense for the bank balances, i'd probably not watch it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Strong rumours of Pacman v Mayweather 2, the first fight was 3/4yrs too late, this one only makes sense for the bank balances, i'd probably not watch it.

Yeah they both owe huge USA back taxes allegedly, I won't watch it and imo anyone who pays PPV for it is a bit of a mug.

Mayweather indeed a great fighter but he's also a bit of a con artist.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Mayweather and Pacman was on in my back garden, i would pull the curtains. What a load of nonsense. The only positive would be if Pacquio beats him. 

Can't see that happening Bigs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

In what way tomphil?

He engineered the McGregor fight just for his tax money and now this, con artist is maybe a bit too strong as modern day fans are daft enough and willing enough to lap it up.

Exploiting fans is probably a better way to put it.

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He engineered the McGregor fight just for his tax money and now this, con artist is maybe a bit too strong as modern day fans are daft enough and willing enough to lap it up.

Exploiting fans is probably a better way to put it.

Ah yes, can't argue with that pal, spot on.

Have you Seen the Billy Joe Saunders story from earlier today?

I was warming to Fury after his last fight, but he's guilty by association, they don't give a toss, and whilst I hesitate in saying this I do believe it's cultural, b0llox to the rules, they don't apply to us, sad really.

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Ah yes, can't argue with that pal, spot on.

Have you Seen the Billy Joe Saunders story from earlier today?

I was warming to Fury after his last fight, but he's guilty by association, they don't give a toss, and whilst I hesitate in saying this I do believe it's cultural, b0llox to the rules, they don't apply to us, sad really.

I'll never ever warm to Fury but have to say BJS on a personal level makes TF look like Mary Poppins he's a hideous little scrote that thing the other night is just one of loads of similar things with him.  There's no doubt in my mind this guy would be driving around in a transit pick up knocking on doors looking for old ladies to rip off or something if he wasn't a boxer.

You'd think with his money and success he'd be able to leave the nonsense alone but it's in his blood it seems although it did cross my mind he might be trying to wriggle out of his next fight if he doesn't fancy it he's known for that as well.

He'd make a good professional football brat with his antics ?

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I thought that BJS video might be brought up at some point. My God, it’s cringeworthy at best...

It's absolutely disgusting, vile and I hope he gets locked up if they can pin the drugs on the scumbag. 

What makes you cruise round a red light area looking for vulnerable women to abuse? 

Scum

11 hours ago, Gav said:

And Canelo still got a draw on one of the judges cards against Mayweather. If Canelo's fights had been judged properly he would have 4 defeats to his name rather than just the one. He lost the first GGG fight 117-111 in my opinion and lost 116-112 on Sunday in my opinion. He was very lucky to get a decision against Lara who I thought beat him and it certainly was not a 117-111 fight as one judge scored it. Even the Khan fight, which Khan should have been ahead comfortably on the cards at the time of the stoppage yet Canelo was ahead on the cards.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Floyd was the same he got one or two very gracious decisions and hand picked refs, nearly always under the WBC as well, if they have a favourite who makes them big bucks they'll do all they can to help them.

That's why AJ is quite right to say to Wilder it's over here or nothing as they'll mix him a right bag over there from start to finish no way they want that belt in Europe again after Vital held it for a few years.

I'm just not convinced about AJ even after last night,he's a slow and lumbering big unit surrounded by hype and big Wembley crowds.Wilder or Whyte will cause him massive problems when the size advantage is lost.

Heavyweight Boxing at its lowest point in history?...

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Joshua is a good orthodox fighter who can alter his tactics and mix it up when he needs to. Povetkin is top class but age isn't on his side however he can bang and caught AJ a few times so he proved his chin again.

He'd been ill in the week apparently so maybe that was a reason for the slow start but I can assure people when you watch him live he isn't slow at all he can be deceptively quick when  he let's his hands go. Only flaw I really see is he's a bit easy to hit at times with his lack of upper body/head movement when he fires his own punches off but his foot movement has improved massively.

You've got to remember the sheer size of these guys, smaller oppos are always likely to be a bit quicker at times. He's twice the boxer Wilder is if he didn't have that long arm power i'd don't think he have gone that far. Can't stand Fury but if he keeps his chin out the way I really wouldn't be surprised if he landed enough punches to win on points if he can keep up the pace Wilder is that easy to hit.  AJ outboxes Wilder easily but will have to cop some big shots and I've always thought right from the word go he'll bulldoze Fury it only takes a few good shots and it'll slow him right down then he'll turn into an unmissible target, probably a fight we'll never see though as the Fury mob are notoriously difficult to deal with and Hearn can keep making money off Joshua whoever he fights.

Edited by tomphil

Callum Smith just stopped George Groves in the 7th, I thought Groves was looking comfortable(ish) until Smith caught him with a right hook just above the temple, then piled in and finished off quite easily

Not sure where Groves goes from here