BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Usyk does it the right way and builds himself a proper HW career he's a chance of becoming like the new Holyfield. If hearn and Sky have anything to do with it they'll have him straight in with Joshua after beating a couple of barely ranked tomato cans Fury style.  Then he'll get his arse kicked, they'll all make a lot of money and it fills a slot for AJ but Usyk will have to start all over again, give it a few years though and the landscape could change and open right up for him although he is already 31 so he might have money in mind first and foremost now.

• 3 weeks later...

Fury absolutely robbed. Shades of Lewis/ Holyfield all those years ago. The judge who gave the fight to Wilder had him winning 5 out of the first 6 rounds. The corruption is infuriating.

Gutted for him, but with a few more months of training I don't think Wilder would touch him. 

Great fight, and how Fury got up from the canvas in the final round I'll never know.

• Like 1

A great fight from two warriors, what a twelfth round (how did Fury get up). I personally had Fury by 3 points up but with a few close rounds I could perhaps just about see how you could score  it a draw if you were very generous to the Champion but 115-111 Wilder was terrible. Let's hope we get to see them do it all again it would be great to see it over here I have no doubt that it would sell Wembley out. The only loser from tonight's fight was the chicken Joshua. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

I enjoyed that fight. I really did and still want to hate the guy but over the years I find myself warming to him. 

I will bow down to the knowledge of folk on here that seem to know their boxing on another level. But from my only interested in watching the big fights vantage point it seemed to me wilder got outboxed. Wilder has that wild over head flail but didn’t have much else. Fair dos he put fury on his arse twice and had he not in the 12th surely fury would have won. But fighting a yank in the USA and wanting a favourable decision is like playing at old Trafford in the 90s and wanting a penalty. 

Watching that I don’t think Joshua will be too bothered about wilder, fury on the other hand...

Two knockdowns and a few close rounds so probably right result, always had suspicion it would be a draw if they were both standing at the end so backed it at 33-1.

There's been something of a pantomime about this from start to finish so no surprise the draw really it was always going to lead to a rematch if scorecards were involved.  Certainly no questions about Furys heart or desire anymore but no big deal he outboxed Wilder virtually everyone does..... but not many get up !  

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Two knockdowns and a few close rounds so probably right result, always had suspicion it would be a draw if they were both standing at the end so backed it at 33-1.

Eh? Fury embarrassed him. Wilder cannot box, he literally relies on smacking the other guy square in the face, and doesn't possess an ounce of boxing guile.

I think everyone had Fury with a lead of a country mile, even with knockdowns taken into account.

I'm not surprised by the decision, but it's a disgrace. How the promoters get to book the judges and not the official boxing commitee is beyond me, and makes a farce of the sport.

9 minutes ago, Batman. said:

Eh? Fury embarrassed him. Wilder cannot box, he literally relies on smacking the other guy square in the face, and doesn't possess an ounce of boxing guile.

I think everyone had Fury with a lead of a country mile, even with knockdowns taken into account.

I'm not surprised by the decision, but it's a disgrace. How the promoters get to book the judges and not the official boxing commitee is beyond me, and makes a farce of the sport.

Including the knockdown rounds which he was probably losing but won Wilder won another couple and there were several close rounds. Makes me laugh this when everyone suddenly tunes into a one of big fight and suddenly becomes a judge or an expert...

Add in the fact it's in the US and Wilder is the most protected champion ever it really was no surprise IF it got to points something like that would happen hence why Joshua would've been mad to go over there with all those belts !

I think if you read the post I said Wilder was outboxed that doesn't make Fury superman everyone outboxes Wilder he's technically rubbish he's just powerful for his bandy 15 stone frame and very agile. Old man Ortiz schooled him more than Fury but ran out of gas and when the similar onslaught arrived he was done and couldn't get up.

Irony is here it was the British judge !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Irony is here it was the British judge !

Pretty sure that's not an accident. If you're going to ensure one judge is going for you, make sure it's the British one so you can say "he wasn't even American..."

You say everyone thinks they're an expert, I've seen both Lennox Lewis and Floyd Mayweather say that Fury won comfortably. How much more of an expert do you want?

3 minutes ago, Batman. said:

Pretty sure that's not an accident. If you're going to ensure one judge is going for you, make sure it's the British one so you can say "he wasn't even American..."

You say everyone thinks they're an expert, I've seen both Lennox Lewis and Floyd Mayweather say that Fury won comfortably. How much more of an expert do you want?

It certainly wasn't a robbery on the Canello v GGG scale and plenty experts sat there afterwards and called that either way.

I wouldn't have complained if they'd scored it for Fury but can also see how they might go draw taking the fight and whole scenario start to finish around this matchup , makes the rematch more interesting and kind of guarantees it. Protects both guys unbeaten records and keeps the belt with the Yank, boxing still stinks and that's before we state on drug cheats who shouldn't be allowed to fight again.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It certainly wasn't a robbery on the Canello v GGG scale and plenty experts sat there afterwards and called that either way.

I wouldn't have complained if they'd scored it for Fury but can also see how they might go draw taking the fight and whole scenario start to finish around this matchup , makes the rematch more interesting and kind of guarantees it. Protects both guys unbeaten records and keeps the belt with the Yank, boxing still stinks and that's before we state on drug cheats who shouldn't be allowed to fight again.

Yeah the rematch will be Hype City.

Hoping they can do it in the UK, but suspect Wilder will still hold all he cards still being the Champion.

Hoping Fury keeps up his dedication from the past year.

Fury did say he wasn't fighting in England again although he talks shit all the time and his credibility will have gone up a notch with that he might even be able to sell out 19 thousand seats in the Manchester Arena at long last.

Would imagine that the rematch clause if there is one states it'll be in the US I don't think Warren had many bargaining chips when agreeing this fight other than the name and profile of Fury off the back of the Klitschko win, all the other shit will have gone against him. 

To be honest if it's in the US and soon I expect Wilde to get the job done next time although he'll be losing on the cards again. I said he was too light for this a bit more behind those punches and i'm not sure Fury gets up.

3 hours ago, Batman. said:

WBC gonna WBC........

Kel Brook? Why?

He had his time against GGG and all credit to him for taking that fight, but he was badly beaten, shattered cheek, then beaten by Spence convincingly. 

He's made enough cash surely, why carry on? Doubt I'll be tuning in.

As for Fury, I am still stunned, WTF went on in LA?

• 1 month later...
On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:31, Gav said:

Kel Brook? Why?

He had his time against GGG and all credit to him for taking that fight, but he was badly beaten, shattered cheek, then beaten by Spence convincingly. 

He's made enough cash surely, why carry on? Doubt I'll be tuning in.

As for Fury, I am still stunned, WTF went on in LA?

I think both eye sockets went in those fights. As to why he is returning then I imagine he will still believe he has unfinished business and is good enough to regain a crown. Absolutely no disgrace losing to those two. I don't believe he is cashing out and still has three of four big fights left in him. Wouldn't fancy the Spence rematch, but he fought brilliantly away to Porter and now he holds a belt that would be an entertaining rematch. Not bothered about the Khan fight, 3/4 years too late.

Fury did tremendously well. No real surprise to me. Clearly the best technical / defensive heavyweight around. Although a big fan of his ability, I did not personally believe he won the Wilder fight as easily as others have stated and was not unhappy with the draw. Getting up off the canvas twice did not help, nor the lack of punches thrown in the entire fight. Both fighters increased their standing however with Fury especially winning over a lot of new fans.

What was absolutely remarkable to me was the level of Fury's performance after dropping ten stone. Shedding that type of weight, following two years of substance abuse, has a hugely deleterious impact on core strength, stamina, timing, reactions, power and punch resistance and it was of little surprise that Wilder managed to land. Those still twittering about performance enhancing drugs need to move on. Ortiz, Whyte, Canello, BJS, etc, etc. Its never ending. Drug User Fury or Drug Dealer Joshua? Bit of a moral dilemma, but for me the past, is exactly that.

Looking forward to this year's boxing very much. Joshua will have to step it up again and fight either Whyte, Wilder or Fury. Interesting whoever he ends up against. Degale v Eubank looks entertaining, Callum Smith at Anfield beckons, Khan v Crawford in another tough match up for him, Broner v the Pac Man, the likes of Yarde and Buatsi and Dubois all coming along nicely as well. I think Matchroom are running 60 + shows, including Italy and USA and old fish eyes is loving being back in contention with BT support and a top fighter in his stable. 

It's amazing how a lot of the others drug  cheating gets brought up all the time yet Furys now gets swept under the carpet because he's getting the sympathy vote.

He was a cheat and if you look at some of the other cases most offered up an explanation, he didn't apart the wild boar nonsense also his meltdown seemed to coincide with him being busted not the other way around.

Two year PEDS ban is on his record and always will be but coming from a family of petty crooks and major recreational drug dealers he's a very canny operator especially now he's in bed with plastic gangster Frank.

But we've been here before, ban the fooking lot of them !