BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

• Backroom
3 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Looking forward to Luke Campbell and Anthony Yarde fights coming up. Glad BJS has signed with Hearn, loads of big fights on his platforms for middle-weights.

Looking forward to them too. 

Really hope Yarde can do it. To beat Kovelev in his own back yard, would really announce him on the World stage. 

Campbell is going to get eaten for breakfast unfortunately. Way out his depth I reckon. Fair play to him for taking Loma on though. No one can say he doesn't the cahones.  

• Like 1

Campbell will get spanked i think he's another good fighter of a certain level but not near the elite although every dog can have its day if they catch their opponent on a bad night...ask Wlad.. ?

Kovalev isn't what he was and has had a bundle of issues recently so a real chance there for Yarde.

On 19/08/2019 at 20:06, Silas said:

Looking forward to them too. 

Really hope Yarde can do it. To beat Kovelev in his own back yard, would really announce him on the World stage. 

Campbell is going to get eaten for breakfast unfortunately. Way out his depth I reckon. Fair play to him for taking Loma on though. No one can say he doesn't the cahones.  

Both Kovalev and Yarde sound very confident. Rumours of Kovalev partying and drinking a lot, but he is still a far better level of opponent than Yarde has ever faced. Tough gig away from home. I watched Ward v Kovalev 1 again last night. That version of Kovalev is a real handful. 

Cambell has weight and reach advantages on Lomachenko. Two former Olympians. Loma is obviously the big favourite, but Campbell is far better than most give him credit for and is very skilled technically. It will be a good achievement for Campbell win or lose, if the fight goes all the way.

On 19/08/2019 at 16:48, tomphil said:

He beat that man 4 years ago after training on nandro and has done nothing before or after of note except drawing with Wilder and it won't make any difference in the rematch if it does actually happen the fight will follow the same pattern but Wilder will nail him.

The fact he won't test himself against anyone at all in between title shots shows what he thinks of himself, so overated it's unreal. Bangs on about the 'lineal' but seeing as it's no belt or ranking he gets away with hand selecting domestic European level opponents it's down right embarrassing for a guy who claims to be the best.

Yes seems Whyte might have joined Fury in the ranks of the dirty cheats but no surprise they all seem to be on the gear these days it's odd how Joshuas form has took a reel nosedive in recent years.

Modern HW boxing stinks to be honest i'll watch the fights but i've very little interest now in anything else that goes on especially where circus acts navigating their way around the division and hiding behind invisible titles are concerned.  I'm done with Fury can't even be bothered getting on his case anymore his actions speak for themselves.

Yet you like Dyllian Whyte? Who has he beat? Allen? Lewison? Hellenius? Lucas Browne? Chisora twice? I think you'll find Fury also did that, if you double check. Rivas and Parker juiced up?

After the Wilder fight, Fury was awarded round of the year, comeback of the year, and fighter of the year in various boxing polls. Plus recognised quite rightly as the number one heavyweight around, something many have understood for donkeys.

You are right about the division however. The robotic Joshua has been clinically and embarrassingly exposed, Wilder couldn't beat Fury even after he ballooned to 28 stone, huffer and puffer Whyte and now a reigning heavyweight champ with a beer back! Hilarious. Fury will completely dominate the likes of Ruiz, not get flattened four times and quit.

TUE's for Joshua have been mentioned for years after he gained large amounts of muscle very quickly earlier in his career. Even body builders said it was impossible to grow that fast. Believe what you will.

• Backroom
Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

Both Kovalev and Yarde sound very confident. Rumours of Kovalev partying and drinking a lot, but he is still a far better level of opponent than Yarde has ever faced. Tough gig away from home. I watched Ward v Kovalev 1 again last night. That version of Kovalev is a real handful. 

Cambell has weight and reach advantages on Lomachenko. Two former Olympians. Loma is obviously the big favourite, but Campbell is far better than most give him credit for and is very skilled technically. It will be a good achievement for Campbell win or lose, if the fight goes all the way.

Yeah, suppose it depends which version of Kovalev this is. Is he over the hill and on the way down? Anyway, great that I can watch a good bout for free, sick to death of this payperview crap. 

I'm one of those that just doesn't rate Campbell I'm afraid. But just like the Mowbray discussion, I really hope I'm wrong. Seems like a real good lad, and would be amazing if he could get a positive result of some sort. 

• Backroom

The robotic Joshua has been clinically and embarrassingly exposed, 

Did you watch the Sky Sports special Sat night - Joshua The Untold Truth?

He doesn't seem right. Can't put my finger on it but something's amiss.

Seems disillusioned and confused.

Be interesting to see where his story goes from here.  

Yet you like Dyllian Whyte? Who has he beat? Allen? Lewison? Hellenius? Lucas Browne? Chisora twice? I think you'll find Fury also did that, if you double check. Rivas and Parker juiced up?

After the Wilder fight, Fury was awarded round of the year, comeback of the year, and fighter of the year in various boxing polls. Plus recognised quite rightly as the number one heavyweight around, something many have understood for donkeys.

You are right about the division however. The robotic Joshua has been clinically and embarrassingly exposed, Wilder couldn't beat Fury even after he ballooned to 28 stone, huffer and puffer Whyte and now a reigning heavyweight champ with a beer back! Hilarious. Fury will completely dominate the likes of Ruiz, not get flattened four times and quit.

TUE's for Joshua have been mentioned for years after he gained large amounts of muscle very quickly earlier in his career. Even body builders said it was impossible to grow that fast. Believe what you will.

Utter delusion in regards to Fury it's like Rovers in recent years what passes for good these days pales into insignificance really compared to what is really good, dumbed down expectations from a dumbed down division.

All these plastic accolades  mean nothing those awards get chucked about every year he just happens to have the highest profile recently they have to hand them to someone.

He got decked twice by Wilder and he was fighting at c19 stone his fighting weight after traiining solid fopr about 18 months and having 3 fight camps and fights before Wilder. He was a 29 year old pro athlete not a bloke from the pub plenty fighters blow up when they aren't active and he's a heavyweight near 7 foot tall it stands to reason he'll carry timber easily when not active.  Yes he's done well getting his head back in gear and training hard but it's nothing he hasn't done before he wasn't old like Foreman or injured like Haye or coming back from bad defeats like Hatton or being stuck in jail like Tyson, get over yourself he didn't land on the fucking moon.

He's evasive he runs all night he never looked like ending Wilder despite a 4 stone advantage he's there for the taking with the right kind of fighter who will come along at some p[oint but then again he'll avoid them. No excuse whatsoever other than to stay safe for his big money title shots in choosing such low opposition for the 'best HW around' - 'Fighter of the year'.

He and you are still trading off his win years ago hie DREW with Wilder that's the fact not the myth he also served a 2 year back dated ban for dope related offences. FACT

He' also had to be served the previously ranked 56th in the world to be able to find someone he could ko soundly, he's a hype job something plenty long term boxing fans have know for years he's just very good at convincing otherwise. Has no other HW ever beaten an ageing champ ?  Has no other HW ever got a credible draw against the top dog ?

It's got bog all to do with Joshua and although iv'e always had suspicions but they've all been at it including your hero who got busted, if Whyte guilty then so is the gypsy....fact.

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

Did you watch the Sky Sports special Sat night - Joshua The Untold Truth?

He doesn't seem right. Can't put my finger on it but something's amiss.

Seems disillusioned and confused.

Be interesting to see where his story goes from here.  

My take on it is he's sick of it now and he's stuck in a contract with Matchroom he can't get out of so he's cashing in on the remnatch in case it's his last, for a while at least.  He'll go shit or bust and either get him out of there early and get battered again.

Very different characters, backgrounds and fighters and in a different way but shades of Tyson and his coming apart when the pressure finally told. He's known only one thing and that's having it his own way.  Shame because up to then he'd done everything textbook right and was still a work in progress but 'Brand AJ' took over AJ the boxer.

THen again there could well be something ( or lack of something ) more murky behind thats zapped his confidence and stamina.  Too many cheats these days.

Edited by tomphil

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Utter delusion in regards to Fury it's like Rovers in recent years what passes for good these days pales into insignificance really compared to what is really good, dumbed down expectations from a dumbed down division.

All these plastic accolades  mean nothing those awards get chucked about every year he just happens to have the highest profile recently they have to hand them to someone.

He got decked twice by Wilder and he was fighting at c19 stone his fighting weight after traiining solid fopr about 18 months and having 3 fight camps and fights before Wilder. He was a 29 year old pro athlete not a bloke from the pub plenty fighters blow up when they aren't active and he's a heavyweight near 7 foot tall it stands to reason he'll carry timber easily when not active.  Yes he's done well getting his head back in gear and training hard but it's nothing he hasn't done before he wasn't old like Foreman or injured like Haye or coming back from bad defeats like Hatton or being stuck in jail like Tyson, get over yourself he didn't land on the fucking moon.

He's evasive he runs all night he never looked like ending Wilder despite a 4 stone advantage he's there for the taking with the right kind of fighter who will come along at some p[oint but then again he'll avoid them. No excuse whatsoever other than to stay safe for his big money title shots in choosing such low opposition for the 'best HW around' - 'Fighter of the year'.

He and you are still trading off his win years ago hie DREW with Wilder that's the fact not the myth he also served a 2 year back dated ban for dope related offences. FACT

He' also had to be served the previously ranked 56th in the world to be able to find someone he could ko soundly, he's a hype job something plenty long term boxing fans have know for years he's just very good at convincing otherwise. Has no other HW ever beaten an ageing champ ?  Has no other HW ever got a credible draw against the top dog ?

It's got bog all to do with Joshua and although iv'e always had suspicions but they've all been at it including your hero who got busted, if Whyte guilty then so is the gypsy....fact.

Clearly you don't like Dilian Whyte being caught red handed. Sorry about that, I didn't sell him the stuff. Pleasingly, it appears you've learnt not to fawn over Joshua any longer. 

Blather on all you like, but Fury clearly remains the best in the division, widely recognised by most, just not you. You will be telling me Fury will get flattened by Ruiz next.

My hero :):)? Bless. Which three fights did Fury have on his return? Seferi, Pianeta and ??????????????????????????. I am easily confused.

2 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Clearly you don't like Dilian Whyte being caught red handed. Sorry about that, I didn't sell him the stuff. Pleasingly, it appears you've learnt not to fawn over Joshua any longer. 

Blather on all you like, but Fury clearly remains the best in the division, widely recognised by most, just not you. You will be telling me Fury will get flattened by Ruiz next.

My hero :):)? Bless. Which three fights did Fury have on his return? Seferi, Pianeta and ??????????????????????????. I am easily confused.

Typical Fury fanboy gets presented with a few facts and then goes off on one slagging other fighters and drug cheats ???

Listen don't keep digging me out on him it's the only time to post here to blow smoke up his hole if you want to be strung along with his nonsense whilst he makes as much money as he can before pulling another stroke sooner or later that's your choice.  The penny will drop sooner or later like it has for many others who now see through his charade it the biggest sting on tv money and punters since A Farce himself.  

As for fawning over Joshua i think you'll find iv'e always thought he's beatable someone was going to nail that static chin sooner or later but no one expected it to be Ruiz.  It would never be Fury though because the illusionist has shit out on two offers to fight him and he can't punch holes in a tea bag at top level. He's hard to hit but whenever his whiskers get brushed he's on his arse, it's coming make no mistake it's coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
On 21/08/2019 at 17:57, onlyonejackwalker said:

....... but Campbell is far better than most give him credit for and is very skilled technically. It will be a good achievement for Campbell win or lose, if the fight goes all the way.

Fair play to you. You called it pretty much as it panned out. 

Luke showed me far more than I thought he had in the locker.  And was more durable than I expected. 

Shambles of a night with all the reffing decisions, but entertaining enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good show by Wallin there, showed an iron chin and gave Fury a bit of a scare in the 12th. Still, I doubt he'll ever get a better chance than meeting Fury with a profusely bleeding cut from the third round forward, and he still never really looked close to shaking him before that final onslaught. 

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom
31 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Tbf that’s how Klitschko reigned for 10 years. As a side note not sure why Joshua needs such a big entourage.

Yeah, and that's why no one paid for his fights for 10 years. 

I'll give AJ a pass, as he did what needed to be done tonight. But of he continues with that style, he ain't gonna have many PPV punters in the future. 

And if he's so scared of Ruiz's power,  then what's he gonna do with Wilder. He better start praying that Fury wins in Feb. 

• Like 2

Well common sense should tell why he was scared of Ruizs power really shouldn't it given what happened last time. It should also tell that Wilder is a completely different style of fight.  He needed to stay away from Ruizs short haymakers on the side of the head with Wilder he'll need to stay closer to avoid the straight long range jab and sledgehammers.

Ruiz's danger is up close and on the inside Wilder is the opposite.  

Doesn't matter who wins in Feb as he'll be signed up for a mando for March/April before then.  

• Backroom
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Doesn't matter who wins in Feb as he'll be signed up for a mando for March/April before then.  

Yeah,  and then the mega fight in June/July with either Wilder or Fury.

Wilder beats him imo, whereas he has better chance against Fury due to the lack of power.

And there is absolutely no way he gets up close and personal with Wilder. He would do exactly the same, keep it at range and dance and move for 12 rounds. 

That's basically going to be his style now going forward, the heavyweight Floyd Mayweather. Hey, it might make him a legendary champion,  but will be dull as hell to watch, just like Klitchko and Mayweather.  

• Backroom
1 hour ago, matt83 said:

What’s this Daniel Dubois like? He was being built up the other day. Not seen him fight but heard him speak. He can barely string a sentence together. 

Early days but he looks a bit of a beast. People doing the old "young Mike Tyson" line.

Saw his last 2 fights, was impressed. We'll have to see how it goes when he steps up levels. 

6 hours ago, Silas said:

Yeah,  and then the mega fight in June/July with either Wilder or Fury.

Wilder beats him imo, whereas he has better chance against Fury due to the lack of power.

And there is absolutely no way he gets up close and personal with Wilder. He would do exactly the same, keep it at range and dance and move for 12 rounds. 

That's basically going to be his style now going forward, the heavyweight Floyd Mayweather. Hey, it might make him a legendary champion,  but will be dull as hell to watch, just like Klitchko and Mayweather.  

Just like Fury then who seems to get plaudits from his fangirls for it from every single fight he has. Because that's the only way he knows how to win. Mostly against low level opponents as well although i'm not sure AJ could out Fury Fury for 12 he'd need to put it on him at some point.

Wilder i don't agree at all he's a stalker himself but a long range fighter his main strength is springing the gap at length and nailing you. Underated long jab as well imo but get in close and take that away he can't fight well when you rough him up and is easy to hit. AJ has quicker hands than Ortiz and power in both compared to Fury plus a weight advantage over Wilder so should be strong enough.

Dance round the outside all night he'll nail you at some point imo.

Edited by tomphil

6 hours ago, matt83 said:

What’s this Daniel Dubois like? He was being built up the other day. Not seen him fight but heard him speak. He can barely string a sentence together. 

Potentially great. Every opponent so far has been 'this guy is tough' and then battered in the first few rounds. His jab is a powerful weapon in itself, and he has that instinct where he goes in Mike Tyson mode when the other guy gets hurt.