BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Never in a hundred years will Fury take a piledriver or 3 from AJ I can see it in him his legs have stiffened a few times never mind when he was decked by not big punchers. However he might well bust Joshua up if he can avoid big shots for 6/7 rounds which in my opinion he won't. Keep In mind it was just Joshuas 19th fight so yes he showed a lot of naivety but by the time this fight comes around he should have ironed that out meanwhile Fury might well have been out over 2 years.

It'll be like starting over again and i'm not sure what kind of shape either physically or mentally he'll achieve again after that lay off and being likely wrong side of 30. Aj might look like Bruno by he's borrowed tools from Lennox & Iron Mike, he nearly fell into the trap of letting Wlad dictate whereas Fury never let him so I can see he putting it on Fury from the off so it's an interesting one and I hope it happens but I genuinely doubt it ever will.

Besides they've both got to remain unbeaten I suppose and the way AJ goes at it I reckon there might be an upset somewhere there's some big punchers out there. I see the same with Fury unless they fast track him into the winner of the Wlad / AJ rematch.

Edited by tomphil

If Fury can get anywhere near his best he would embarrass AJ. 2015 Fury is an old school fighter that will outpoint any heavy weight on the planet, in any fight his opponent will only ever have a punchers chance.

5 hours ago, J*B said:

If Fury can get anywhere near his best he would embarrass AJ. 2015 Fury is an old school fighter that will outpoint any heavy weight on the planet, in any fight his opponent will only ever have a punchers chance.

Based on what ????  Oh yes ONE decent career performance against an ageing flat footed champ who had a bad night then had a good one and got battered :lol:

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Based on what ????  Oh yes ONE decent career performance against an ageing flat footed champ who had a bad night then had a good one and got battered :lol:

As opposed to AJ who has fought..? Klitschko is a cautious fighter, if any of the other major heavyweights had rattled AJ like Klitschko had they would have jumped on him. Klitschko didn't because it isn't his style of fighting because it leaves you open. Whyte rocked AJ too who isn't near elite status.

Tyson has beaten Chisora, Johnson, Cunningham and Klitschko... all of which where either British champion, upcoming undefeated fighters or the undistupted world heavy weight champion. He fights southpaw and orthodox and boxed a Klitschko out the ring in Düsseldorf. He's got nowhere near the amount of credit he deserves for his boxing ability, especially against WK because of his personality, which like most boxers is a persona put on to sell fights. Ask any boxing fan and they will tell you Fury is the number one heavyweight alive on the back of everyone's last fights. He might not be the most entertaining and may have a NYC / European style which isn't as appealing as the aggressive styles favoured in Vegas and the UK, but he's undoubtably the better boxer.

And that's coming from someone who follows AJ and was at Wembley. There's nothing to say AJ wont achieve more and nothing to say he won't eventually overtake Fury, but right now he has a punchers chance only against Fury who, assuming the past 18 months hasn't sucked everything out of him, would dance around AJ all night. 

Edited by J*B

2 hours ago, J*B said:

As opposed to AJ who has fought..? Klitschko is a cautious fighter, if any of the other major heavyweights had rattled AJ like Klitschko had they would have jumped on him. Klitschko didn't because it isn't his style of fighting because it leaves you open. Whyte rocked AJ too who isn't near elite status.

Tyson has beaten Chisora, Johnson, Cunningham and Klitschko... all of which where either British champion, upcoming undefeated fighters or the undistupted world heavy weight champion. He fights southpaw and orthodox and boxed a Klitschko out the ring in Düsseldorf. He's got nowhere near the amount of credit he deserves for his boxing ability, especially against WK because of his personality, which like most boxers is a persona put on to sell fights. Ask any boxing fan and they will tell you Fury is the number one heavyweight alive on the back of everyone's last fights. He might not be the most entertaining and may have a NYC / European style which isn't as appealing as the aggressive styles favoured in Vegas and the UK, but he's undoubtably the better boxer.

And that's coming from someone who follows AJ and was at Wembley. There's nothing to say AJ wont achieve more and nothing to say he won't eventually overtake Fury, but right now he has a punchers chance only against Fury who, assuming the past 18 months hasn't sucked everything out of him, would dance around AJ all night. 

I don't need to ask any boxing fan pal I am one and have been 25+ years and have seen many HW fights live including fighters like Mike Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis etc so what we have here is my opinion and your opinion. You'd be surprised how many don't rate Fury that highly although it's not to say he isn't a good fighter who looked to be getting better.

Right now Joshua has the tools to smash someone like Fury out the ring Fury has never come up against anyone like him & vice versa. He's deceptively quick to close the ring down when he attacks and has fast hands but obviously he's raw. 19 fights that's why he hasn't fought anyone and don't talk to me about the likes of Cunningham & Johnson who Fury had probs with, look at their records i'm pretty sure some of Joshuas opponents could handle that pair. Also it's not always about AJ v Fury that's social media kids stuff there's room at the top for both and anyone who Fury might fight outside of Wlad who I've always been a fan of and AJ then i'd be wanting him to win.

Admittedly can't stand the jerk or his crew and at the end of the day the guy turned out to be a coked up possible roid user and there's obviously some good reason they aren't lifting his suspension despite time served and it isn't the bull victimisation crap that Warren & Uncle Peter try and portray. By the time he comes back who knows what'll be left ?

But if he does come back let him prove all this mythical nonsense by taking on and beating top opponents not pretending he dances like the next Ali when infact he's done nothing except pull off a one off the likes of which have happened regularly throughout Heavyweight history.

Anyway I think it' destined to be another Bowe v Lewis - it'll never come off.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead

They're both only thinking of the cash (as though either of them is destitute). Even if McGregor gets sparked out (which I fully expect him to), he's still quids in, hell, they both are!

Edited by K-Hod

Let's face it McGregor has an extremely low chance of winning but the $75 million dollars or so in the bank will soften the blow I'm sure.

What is going to wear thin is the inevitable boxing > mma comments that will follow when Mayweather wins. 

The press conferences will be crazy.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, donnermeat said:

Let's face it McGregor has an extremely low chance of winning but the $75 million dollars or so in the bank will soften the blow I'm sure.

What is going to wear thin is the inevitable boxing > mma comments that will follow when Mayweather wins. 

The press conferences will be crazy.

Mate- an actual comment I saw today- 'you must be drunk if you think Mayweather will beat McGregor'.

Edited by K-Hod

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Mate- an actual comment I saw today- 'you must be drunk if you think Mayweather will beat McGregor'.

Crikey, I don't know whether to laugh or cry! The way Conor goes on, there will be plenty more with that view come fight time I suspect.

Probably the same people that were bigging up Ronda, there were people legit saying she would beat Mayweather!

A bit of a mimic none event in my opinion. Has happened a few times down the years and none of the fights have any historical significance.

No doubt Sky Sports will spend the next two months telling us different though. Surely under boxing rules Mayweather will win with ease. He could just jab his way to victory.

Sideshow spectacle. Going to be over priced, blown out of proportion, and a let down in every way. 

Connor may not even land a blow. Floyd is going to toy with him and break him down, and it's going to be a counter punch bore-fest.

It's farcical that the match is even going to take place netting these guys millions and millions.

the only way connor wins is a lucky knock out. but he can't. and he wont. it's impossible.

but he might. and ill be watching.

7 hours ago, AmericanRover12 said:

Sideshow spectacle. Going to be over priced, blown out of proportion, and a let down in every way. 

Connor may not even land a blow. Floyd is going to toy with him and break him down, and it's going to be a counter punch bore-fest.

It's farcical that the match is even going to take place netting these guys millions and millions.

the only way connor wins is a lucky knock out. but he can't. and he wont. it's impossible.

but he might. and ill be watching.

That's the way I feel about it, Connor has no chance, but just what if he somehow catches him with one? That's Mayweathers reputation blown to shreds, I'm 99% sure Mayweather is winning but that other 1% will probably have me watching.

I'd rather see McGregor face Tony Ferguson or Max Holloway and preferably Mayweather stay retired. Or even if they fought under mma or kickboxing rules to level the playing field a bit, heck even a hybrid rules fight where each round is under a different set of rules a la Shinya Aoki vs Yuichihiro Nagashima (again to level the playing field and make it more competitive). Perhaps if they have a rematch they will do this.

100% more enthused about GGG vs Canelo.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, donnermeat said:

I'd rather see McGregor face Tony Ferguson or Max Holloway and preferably Mayweather stay retired. Or even if they fought under mma or kickboxing rules to level the playing field a bit, heck even a hybrid rules fight where each round is under a different set of rules a la Shinya Aoki vs Yuichihiro Nagashima (again to level the playing field and make it more competitive). Perhaps if they have a rematch they will do this.

100% more enthused about GGG vs Canelo.

Mayweather has put in the contract that if McGregor is disqualified during the fight he is open to legal proceedings according to Dana White. 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Mayweather has put in the contract that if McGregor is disqualified during the fight he is open to legal proceedings according to Dana White. 

Bit over the top, what does he think is going to happen, Conor goes for the double leg or something? 

Perhaps these are a regular thing in boxing contracts though, maybe after what happened with Holyfield (which I would imagine would have been open to legal proceedings regardless).

The fact so many are on here discussing it when other boxing matches go by every week with little or no mention shows what it's all about.  Its a farce but we'll all watch it.

Floyd will look to coast to a 12 round unanimous decision whilst McGregor will look to survive it, all friends at the end back slapping and praising each other and all well in the dollars whilst mug punters worldwide moan how @#/? it was.

By the way there is a REAL top boxing match this weekend involving arguably two pound for pound contenders = Ward v Kovalev !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

By the way there is a REAL top boxing match this weekend involving arguably two pound for pound contenders = Ward v Kovalev !

Absolutely. Very excited about this one.

Big fan of Mr Ward. Got a glove autographed by him sat on my chest of drawers upstairs. And had him winning the first fight (as did most of the people I watched it with).

Logic dictates that now he's "worked Kov out", he should do the same again tonight. But I just have a funny feeling that Kov might stop him this time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bellamy11 said:

Absolutely. Very excited about this one.

Big fan of Mr Ward. Got a glove autographed by him sat on my chest of drawers upstairs. And had him winning the first fight (as did most of the people I watched it with).

Logic dictates that now he's "worked Kov out", he should do the same again tonight. But I just have a funny feeling that Kov might stop him this time.

Got to admit I wasn't keen on Ward a few years ago although he's always been a great technician at what he does however since he went up in weight and brings it on a bit more I appreciate what he's all about. I'm a  fan of Kovalev he's a bit like a bigger version of Froch lol more technique than he's got credit for but Ward took over second half of their fight really and if he can't get him out in about 8 this time I really think Ward might stop him late.

I'm going KO either way in this one :)