BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 23:11, Norbert Rassragr said:

How strict is the drug testing regime in boxing? I was listening to fighting talk a couple of weeks ago and John Rawlings had a rant at cycling being dirty. In defence of cycling, they are trying to impose a strict regime after the many scandals. I've not heard of any mandatory drug tests for boxers.

It's improving but it's nowhere near the level it should be and the punishments imposed given the nature of the sport are ridiculous.  Depending on the evidence at hand and the case for defence if they have enough to be beyond reasonable doubt it should be a minimum 2 year ban and if caught again or it's a serious case of first time doping it should be a life ban, no ifs buts or maybe ban them.

Part of the problem in the UK and probably elsewhere is UKAD and other bodies seem to put all their energies and funds into trying to bring down cyclists and don't invest enough time and money elsewhere.

On 14/01/2019 at 23:25, tomphil said:

It's improving but it's nowhere near the level it should be and the punishments imposed given the nature of the sport are ridiculous.  Depending on the evidence at hand and the case for defence if they have enough to be beyond reasonable doubt it should be a minimum 2 year ban and if caught again or it's a serious case of first time doping it should be a life ban, no ifs buts or maybe ban them.

Part of the problem in the UK and probably elsewhere is UKAD and other bodies seem to put all their energies and funds into trying to bring down cyclists and don't invest enough time and money elsewhere.

So there are no unscheduled visits to the boxer's home or training camps as is the case with athletics.

Yes they get dropped on like anyone else but different bodies have different criteria as to what they ban and don't there's too many grey areas. WBC have a voluntary program which they encourage fighters to sign up to but what happens when they have signed up is anybody's guess. Fury had to join it to fight Wilder but it was only at the last min they did, Warren blaming a delay in 'paperwork' !

Povetkin a known drug cheat was alleged not to have been tested in the run up to the Joshua fight, Saunders ( who's been suspected of fat stripper before & fights out of the notorious Ingle gym) inhales a stimulant masked in the  form of a decongestant whilst training over here for a fight in the States, said item was allegedly ok to use here but not over there so he got banned although his team should've known.

Too many different rules and too many loopholes for cheats and potential pitfalls for those just a bit careless.

Edited by tomphil

6 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

My friend's cousin is a British Yemini who trains with Ingle. Hope he's not up to any naughtiness.

Boxing wise it's good a great rep but some say it bends the rules a bit but who knows really there's a lot of mudslinging in boxing circles it seems. Lets hope he's the new Naz he didn't need any 'extras' lol

• 4 months later...

Career in tatters there. When Ruiz is jumping up and down that belly is like a lava lamp. It's the fact he's a fat knacker makes a complete mockery of AJ's immaculate physique. Diet/fitness regime vs pie, chips and peas. He’s no butterbean but it’s not often you see a fighter with a beer back either. 

BFCD28BF-F1C7-415B-8148-0117717175D2.jpeg

• Like 1

Too much hype surrounds Joshua,not surprisingly whipped up by British Media....not the great champ.Still surprised at that result though,too much of the good life,too many Millions in the Bank and thinking what am I still doing this for?

Dread to think what an in his prime Mike Tyson would have done to him.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

Now the belts will all stay in the USA for ages unless Fury kicks Wilder's arse. Ruiz, Wilder and any US based fighter will all fight each other and freeze out European fighter in retaliation of Joshua, the Klitschko brothers and Fury dominating over recent years. Wilder will talk about being the best whilst avoiding Fury, Dillian White will be ignored and Daniel Dubois will have to wait for another 5 or 6 years to even get a look in.

Fury's still a prick and always will be but credit to him for at least showing a bit of respect to a fallen brother......he'll soon be back slagging him off though.

Joshua's head has gone too far up Hearns arse with all this global branding bollox coming before boxing. As pointed out he isn't a great non of these lot are they are dire in my opinion it was always a case that a small quick guy who can actually bang a bit with sod all to lose was going to come out the shadows and nail one of them.  Why does anyone think Wilder is so selective and Fury only fights bin men in between title shots years apart ?  They are all best suited to fighting other big guys who don't come in quickly underneath and all have struggled with smaller guys before.  They and their handlers know the risks and play the long game as annoying as it is to fans.

I said as soon as Hearn purposely got Miller into the mix just for this USA job it was a bad idea although Fat Miller was better suited to Joshua than Ruiz who's a typical Mexican fighter, dangerous and fearless.  I foresaw AJ & Miller going to points and him getting robbed anyway.

Brand building has ruined better guys than him the biggest upset in HW history came about because Don King took Mike Tyson to Tokyo for a keep busy fight before a mega showdown with Holyfield. Tyson was distracted by his shagging and partying antics and i'd suggest Joshua has been training but surrounded by media, corporate and shoulder rubbing with the stars commitments that have fried his brain.

Get back to basics get back to the 02 put boxing before money or become the a HW Amir Khan.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fury's still a prick and always will be but credit to him for at least showing a bit of respect to a fallen brother......he'll soon be back slagging him off though.

Joshua's head has gone too far up Hearns arse with all this global branding bollox coming before boxing. As pointed out he isn't a great non of these lot are they are dire in my opinion it was always a case that a small quick guy who can actually bang a bit with sod all to lose was going to come out the shadows and nail one of them.  Why does anyone think Wilder is so selective and Fury only fights bin men in between title shots years apart ?  They are all best suited to fighting other big guys who don't come in quickly underneath and all have struggled with smaller guys before.  They and their handlers know the risks and play the long game as annoying as it is to fans.

I said as soon as Hearn purposely got Miller into the mix just for this USA job it was a bad idea although Fat Miller was better suited to Joshua than Ruiz who's a typical Mexican fighter, dangerous and fearless.  I foresaw AJ & Miller going to points and him getting robbed anyway.

Brand building has ruined better guys than him the biggest upset in HW history came about because Don King took Mike Tyson to Tokyo for a keep busy fight before a mega showdown with Holyfield. Tyson was distracted by his shagging and partying antics and i'd suggest Joshua has been training but surrounded by media, corporate and shoulder rubbing with the stars commitments that have fried his brain.

Get back to basics get back to the 02 put boxing before money or become the a HW Amir Khan.

Check Fury's Twitter today. He's done a complete 180 already.....

• Like 1

No surprise at all he's got a fight to promote and him and Wilder have been hanging off Joshuas back for years on that score, Fury couldn't sell out Accy's ground in England and he couldn't punch holes in a tea bag at elite HW level.

Crafty sod in and out the ring though i'll give him that.  Just because Joshua lost to Ruiz doesn't mean he couldn't nail Fury he doesn't punch from those angles with combinations and power.  Like I said all those big guys are more suited to fighting other big guys any decent smaller ones will cause them big probs as we've seen.

Having said that Wilder would probably have jumped straight on Ruiz he's the fittest and quickest of the lot, Fury would've kept him at arms length all night and bored everyone silly but won easily.  Joshua was naïve and got it all badly wrong and there's never been much room for error in the big guys, Ruiz was about as wrong for him as you can get. Terrible match making by greedy Hearn desperate to please his DAZN USA backers with his golden goose, what a fook up !

On 05/06/2019 at 11:22, tomphil said:

Where is Oleksandr Usyk at these days? I was hoping he was going to try stepping up to heavyweight and bring a bit of much needed Rocky back to boxing.

Just now, Husky said:

Where is Oleksandr Usyk at these days? I was hoping he was going to try stepping up to heavyweight and bring a bit of much needed Rocky back to boxing.

He's got a HW fight lined up with Takam I think and is now champion in recess at cruiserweight plus once he's officially stepped up he's automatically mandatory so things could get very interesting.  I think he'd have mullered AJ as well the other night though doubt he;s as powerful as Ruiz.

On 07/06/2019 at 00:12, tomphil said:

He's got a HW fight lined up with Takam I think and is now champion in recess at cruiserweight plus once he's officially stepped up he's automatically mandatory so things could get very interesting.  I think he'd have mullered AJ as well the other night though doubt he;s as powerful as Ruiz.

Hes out injured, Takam fight is off. He cant become mandatory until hes had one fight at heavyweight, as it stands Dillian Whyte is mandatory with the WBO and has been ranked 1 with the WBC for over 500 days. Hes been criminally avoided and will cause AJ / Wilder big problems. 

None of course, are anywhere near the standard of Fury, who's just been named Ring Magazine #1.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Hes out injured, Takam fight is off. He cant become mandatory until hes had one fight at heavyweight, as it stands Dillian Whyte is mandatory with the WBO and has been ranked 1 with the WBC for over 500 days. Hes been criminally avoided and will cause AJ / Wilder big problems. 

None of course, are anywhere near the standard of Fury, who's just been named Ring Magazine #1.

Cut the Fury crap to be the best you have to beat the rest, simple.  Ring scheming I can categorically tell you he hung onto that with his fingertips after the the roids issue.

Mans a cheat, end of.

Agree on Whyte i'm a fan of his i'd have backed him 50/50 in another fight with Joshua and he's capable of nailing the other two if he got the chance, including Mr Can't be Hit who regularly goes on his arse and can't even bust up Hw's ranked outside the top 50 but apparently he's the best because recently he survived 12 rnds with Wilder to DRAW ?

• 2 months later...
On 09/06/2019 at 13:27, tomphil said:

Cut the Fury crap to be the best you have to beat the rest, simple.  Ring scheming I can categorically tell you he hung onto that with his fingertips after the the roids issue.

Mans a cheat, end of.

Agree on Whyte i'm a fan of his i'd have backed him 50/50 in another fight with Joshua and he's capable of nailing the other two if he got the chance, including Mr Can't be Hit who regularly goes on his arse and can't even bust up Hw's ranked outside the top 50 but apparently he's the best because recently he survived 12 rnds with Wilder to DRAW ?

Fury beat the man who hadn't lost for a decade. Convenient how that has been forgotten. Yes he was given a draw with Wilder, but most knowledgeable boxing folk gave it to Fury, including the vast majority of former pros. Wonder what Fury would have done to him without having to lose 142 pounds in the build up? If Wilder couldn't beat him then, he will struggle in any re-match. 

Whyte himself now revealed as a drug cheat. Somewhat ironic Whyte failing that test after constantly mentioning testosterone therapeutic use exemptions for Joshua for about four years. Regardless, now Joshua has been exposed by a journeyman, Hearn will be desperate to try and get Whyte off the hook.

Looking forward to Luke Campbell and Anthony Yarde fights coming up. Glad BJS has signed with Hearn, loads of big fights on his platforms for middle-weights.

4 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Fury beat the man who hadn't lost for a decade. Convenient how that has been forgotten. Yes he was given a draw with Wilder, but most knowledgeable boxing folk gave it to Fury, including the vast majority of former pros. Wonder what Fury would have done to him without having to lose 142 pounds in the build up? If Wilder couldn't beat him then, he will struggle in any re-match. 

Whyte himself now revealed as a drug cheat. Somewhat ironic Whyte failing that test after constantly mentioning testosterone therapeutic use exemptions for Joshua for about four years. Regardless, now Joshua has been exposed by a journeyman, Hearn will be desperate to try and get Whyte off the hook.

Looking forward to Luke Campbell and Anthony Yarde fights coming up. Glad BJS has signed with Hearn, loads of big fights on his platforms for middle-weights.

He beat that man 4 years ago after training on nandro and has done nothing before or after of note except drawing with Wilder and it won't make any difference in the rematch if it does actually happen the fight will follow the same pattern but Wilder will nail him.

The fact he won't test himself against anyone at all in between title shots shows what he thinks of himself, so overated it's unreal. Bangs on about the 'lineal' but seeing as it's no belt or ranking he gets away with hand selecting domestic European level opponents it's down right embarrassing for a guy who claims to be the best.

Yes seems Whyte might have joined Fury in the ranks of the dirty cheats but no surprise they all seem to be on the gear these days it's odd how Joshuas form has took a reel nosedive in recent years.

Modern HW boxing stinks to be honest i'll watch the fights but i've very little interest now in anything else that goes on especially where circus acts navigating their way around the division and hiding behind invisible titles are concerned.  I'm done with Fury can't even be bothered getting on his case anymore his actions speak for themselves.