BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ever heard of the term martyr..? i`ll take a banning on behalf of the silent majority looking in that fear posting diverse viewpoints on this board..

Don't bother. Instead, take a banning on behalf of the silent majority who are probably just as sick of reading your posts as those who frequently belittle you are

Do us a favour, make it a real humdinger of a ban too whilst you're at it. We're all in favour of freedom of speech and all that, but you're taking the @#/?.....

Don't bother. Instead, take a banning on behalf of the silent majority who are probably just as sick of reading your posts as those who frequently belittle you are

Do us a favour, make it a real humdinger of a ban too whilst you're at it. We're all in favour of freedom of speech and all that, but you're taking the @#/?.....

BULLSH1T

Why don't you start a new thread and say whatever you'd like to say in it? After all this one is supposed to be about the Rovers Trust. That way you'll know about freedom of speech won't you?

you desecrated my thread, forcing it`s closure..

• Moderation Lead

You desecrated your own thread Citroen, I guarantee- at least 60% of the posts in this thread are yours.

For my money, i think the presentation is fine. Its professionally put together and does make some key points.

To criticise, it is a bit wordy, but everyone of us would have a different way of doing this.

Is that the Can Venkys turn it round thread? The one where you posted 41 times, and I've posted twice, the last time a couple of days ago? Just start a new thread, take this out of here and say what's on your mind. You talk about free speech, try it out.

Is that the Can Venkys turn it round thread? The one where you posted 41 times, and I've posted twice, the last time a couple of days ago? Just start a new thread, take this out of here and say what's on your mind. You talk about free speech, try it out.

when i say you, i mean you as a collective.. the trust/brag mob..

• 2 weeks later...

Ben is correct in saying this only provides the Trust with an opportunity to bid and there is no guarantee it would be accepted. However there are other implications and potential benefits if we achieve an "Asset of Community Value" listing for Ewood.

I'm pretty tired tonight and will post more about it tomorrow. Meanwhile people can Google two phrases - Localism Act and Community Right to Buy.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/blackburn/10546341._/?ref=twtrecRovers Trust in a bid to make Ewood Park a community asset and harder to sellIs this being engineered to prevent what happened down in Portsmouth or ease the crash.

No it's not related or about easing a crash. Very simply if the ground is listed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) there is a legal obligation on the owners to inform the Trust if there is to be an offer to sell. There is then a six month moratorium on any sale while the Trust would have the opportunity to prepare and tender a rival bid.

It gives us time to bid and raise the cash, nothing more or less. I will explain further tomorrow.

You'd have thought there would have been assurances in the Share Purchase Agreement drawn up at the time of the sale in regards to safeguarding the future of Ewood.

There isn't any though.

This has to be a good move when you consider the following statement from the agreement:-

Venky's does not have any immediate intentions to dispose of or otherwise change the use of any material assets within the Blackburn Rovers portfolio.

First apologies for being all legalistic in the next few lines but it is important to grasp what we have here.

Rovers Trust submitted an application to Blackburn with Darwen to nominate Elwood Park as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) as defined under the Community Right to Buy set out in the Localism Act 2011.

The Act and CRtB sets out to devolve decision making and authority from central to local government giving local people a greater say in how their community is run.

An ACV is defined as:

A building or other land is an asset of community value if its main use is, or has recently been, to further the social well-being or social interests of the local community and it could do so in the future.

social interests includes in particular (though, not exclusively) each of the following

a. cultural interests

b. recreational interest

c. sporting interests

My personal view is if the submission is successful the Trust will have gained on opportunity for the community to bid for and potentially own Ewood Park. Of equal importance though would be the legally acknowledged status and social value of the football ground and by association the football club.

A successful listing gives the people the chance to own the ground. We wouldn't open the LT one day to discover it was sold to become a supermarket

First apologies for being all legalistic in the next few lines but it is important to grasp what we have here.

Rovers Trust submitted an application to Blackburn with Darwen to nominate Elwood Park as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) as defined under the Community Right to Buy set out in the Localism Act 2011.

The Act and CRtB sets out to devolve decision making and authority from central to local government giving local people a greater say in how their community is run.

An ACV is defined as:

A building or other land is an asset of community value if its main use is, or has recently been, to further the social well-being or social interests of the local community and it could do so in the future.

social interests includes in particular (though, not exclusively) each of the following

a. cultural interests

b. recreational interest

c. sporting interests

My personal view is if the submission is successful the Trust will have gained on opportunity for the community to bid for and potentially own Ewood Park. Of equal importance though would be the legally acknowledged status and social value of the football ground and by association the football club.

A successful listing gives the people the chance to own the ground. We wouldn't open the LT one day to discover it was sold to become a supermarket

You would be opening the LT six months prior though,

you may just have shown a red rag to the lunes in Pune

• 3 weeks later...

Archived