BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

this decision will push fans further towards the point of just not even caring any more!

Way way way beyond that mate. As I've said I'm 100% done if its a sh!te appointment. Ali? Mcdonald? @#/? that, im better than that. the club expect me to put my hands in my pocket to watch that shower of @#/?. they can @#/? off, the lot of them. 23 years of support and I feel like this. I know others have given much much more, but I'm done until I can enjoy it again with new owners. Petty. I don't care. The final straw in a long long saga.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way way way beyond that mate. As I've said I'm 100% done if its a sh!te appointment. Ali? Mcdonald? @#/? that, im better than that. the club expect me to put my hands in my pocket to watch that shower of @#/?. they can @#/? off, the lot of them. 23 years of support and I feel like this. I know others have given much much more, but I'm done until I can enjoy it again with new owners. Petty. I don't care. The final straw in a long long saga.

+1

If the Independent article is true then we have no hope whatsoever in the near future. No serious or credible manager will put up with a system where the global advisor appoints a bunch of coaches and in essence the new manager would have no power over them. Judan Ali FFS? What has he done in football? Where has he done his coaching apprenticeship?

You might as well fold the club right now Venky's instead of dragging out the death of the club over the next few years. That is what you are trying to achieve anyway isn't it?

Total agreement. Well said. Venky's have embarrassed us long enough, it's time we embarrassed them with an empty stadium for every match until the day they sell up.

I think I'm done if this comes to pass

Time to move on with life

I won't be thinking about it, that'll be it for me the club will be dead in my eyes.

Im not too bad I've got wigan warriors but I wonder if its possible to think the impossible and follow another club and actually mean it?

Sickened at this whole mess!! I chose to support Blackburn Rovers without having any affiliation to the club, living in another country & knowing nothing about the town the club moto, Arte et labore, drew me to this team. Rovers were a club with integrity, worked hard & punched above its weight!! That club is near dead now & part of me will die with it!!

I will always love Rovers & will continue to follow them in the hope that one day i can again be a proud Rover!!

Arte et labore!!!

does shebby live close by, if so, make his life a living hell. it´s easy to do so, without breaking any laws. I must admit though, that in the slumdogs and the global idiots case, breaking the law, would recieve my full support.

On Fernhurst somewhere - anyone have his address??

On Fernhurst somewhere - anyone have his address??

'

oh shiiiiiit, things are about to get messy!!! Hughesy vs the global idiot, please please record it and put it on youtube or facebook :D scratch that, kick his ass and sell the it as a dvd, probably be a bestseller and a nice christmas present for the rest of us :xmas:

• Backroom

I'm sure multimillionaire arrogant footballers are really going to be told what to do by someone with no credentials at all to speak of

Just as with Kean the players will decide when to train and the like most likely

And everything is getting worse by the day...

Isn't there a minimun level of experience and knowledge to be a manager and coach in english football?

Here you need to have level 4 to be a 1st league manager.

Everything I love about Rovers is being destroyed by the V's.

I think the only good thing left is the fans.

If they don't appoint a proper manager, please boicot every single game, And persuade everyone to do it to.

All home games should have an empty stadium.

Brilliant 2 paras from that article:

They also knew that being located too close to Manchester and Merseyside to enjoy widespread support in the region, Blackburn would always have to work hard to sustain themselves in the top flight. But with sensible senior management from John Williams and team management from Sam Allardyce, that’s exactly what they were doing. There were bargain signings, progression from the youth teams and tactics that maximised their resources.

And then everything was thrown away in a ludicrous and hopeless lunge for the big time. Did they think Allardyce had constructed a prosaic, functional team for fun or because that was the best way to survive? They know now.

Brilliant 2 paras from that article:

They also knew that being located too close to Manchester and Merseyside to enjoy widespread support in the region, Blackburn would always have to work hard to sustain themselves in the top flight. But with sensible senior management from John Williams and team management from Sam Allardyce, that’s exactly what they were doing. There were bargain signings, progression from the youth teams and tactics that maximised their resources.

And then everything was thrown away in a ludicrous and hopeless lunge for the big time. Did they think Allardyce had constructed a prosaic, functional team for fun or because that was the best way to survive? They know now.

The writer is superb. He really has his finger close to the pulse with regards to BRFC and fully empathises with our long suffering supporters.

That article accurately sums up exactly what most Rovers fans say. I know you'll harp on about a small majority who didn't like Allardyce but it's hardly reflective of the overall fanbase, and anyone with a brain will rue the day we sacked him.

I think this Judan Ali thing is a media wind up with very little substance to it. As crazy as Venky's have been there is no way they'll put him at the head of the club as that would be the ultimate suicide for Rovers and for their finances. No chance.

Surely...!

Perhaps we are seen as a low budget option by Venky's to produce the next Judan Ali Movie. "Shebby and Judan-managers from another planet"

Haven't read through the thread but MacDonald would have worked under O'Leary, O'Neill, Houllier, McLeish and Lambert under Villa.

I believe Nixon said he was British which rules out O'Leary and Houllier, and out-of-work which rules out the rest.

So if Nixon is correct, it won't be one of them.

Instead, I've looked through a couple pages and Judan Ali and MacDonald (Shebby Singh) it is.

I'm still at a loss as to how anyone could possibly come up with Kevin McDonald as a suggestion. A 52 year old who's never managed previously and who appears to have been out of the game now for just over 2 years.

Who would even know he existed let alone champion him as our potential manager?

Judan Ali you can sort of understand the possible thinking behind, they presumably want to increase enthusiasm for the Club within the Asian market. But even then he shouldn't even be under consideration for the post either.

I'm still at a loss as to how anyone could possibly come up with Kevin McDonald as a suggestion. A 52 year old who's never managed previously and who appears to have been out of the game now for just over 2 years.

Who would even know he existed let alone champion him as our potential manager?

Judan Ali you can sort of understand the possible thinking behind, they presumably want to increase enthusiasm for the Club within the Asian market. But even then he shouldn't even be under consideration for the post either.

Let the conspiracy theories begin again!

Let the conspiracy theories begin again!

I've just re-read MacDonald's wiki page again and it may be a bit misleading and he may actually have retained a job in some capacity at Villa Park after being relieved of caretaker manager duties in September/October 2010.

Nevertheless I think my point still stands and is a valid one.

How about the Action Group do something for once.

"If Venky's fail to appoint a recognised, experienced manager and choose the likes of McDonald or Ali then there will be a mass boycott from all supporters"

I'm just clutching at straws but better than nothing.

Archived