BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tribute to the loyal fans 'support' against Bristol City

Yesterday's game was like a breath of fresh air!.The 5000 LOYAL fans were magnificent in the way they conducted themselves and more importantly got behind the lads!.There was no vile chanting towards board members negativity amongst the fans.A clear message to those who didn't attend yesterday... This is the kind of support our team craves for so please leave the politics outside of ewood as it really DOES help the team!.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand your sentiments and know what youre trying to say but to be honest as one of the 5000 it was dreadful. Truely dreadful result adide. No one actually supported the team it was just 5000 slumped in our seats.

Fair dos there was no negativity which is easier as 3rd straight win approaches but neither was there actual support only one solitary half arsed barmy army chant for 30 seconds which was met with ironic cheers from equally quite Bristol fans.

Maybe and only maybe a lack of negativity towards the club helped but long term players playing in front of 5000 fans in meditation would be soul destroying and equally destructive surely.

It must depend on where you sat yesterday.

I thought the atmosphere was reasonable - particularly given the numbers. Not really worse than 'normal' (for this season).

Must have been all those BBE fans in the Riverside. ;)

Stop winding folk up.

I don't blame people who didn't go yesterday. Main reason I went was because my old man asked me and I've not been to a game with him since the 90's, took 2 youngsters along too.

Oh, and it was better than wallpaper shopping which I got lumbered with today :(

happyclapper keep taking those happy pills, i was probably a season ticket holder when you were in nappys, @#/?

i put what I thought was a topic to create an impression of positivity at future home games then I get retards like yourself abusing me! I sit in the riverside halfway up next to Blackburn end so if you would like to call me a @#/? to my face then please, please do so otherwise retard, don't abuse me

i put what I thought was a topic to create an impression of positivity at future home games then I get retards like yourself abusing me! I sit in the riverside halfway up next to Blackburn end so if you would like to call me a @#/? to my face then please, please do so otherwise retard, don't abuse me

How can you say it's a positive topic when your first sentence suggests the fans that didn't go aren't loyal and should stay away?

You're on a wind up. Again.

How can you say it's a positive topic when your first sentence suggests the fans that didn't go aren't loyal and should stay away?

You're on a wind up. Again.

i did not say in my first sentence that those who didn't attend aren't loyal!, I merely suggested that those who didn't attend need to stop venting their anger towards certain issues during the game and instead get behind the team!whats wrong with that?

So why stress the word 'loyal' by putting it in caps?

yesterdays game was always going to attract a poor attendance giving recent events and calls by fans to boycott the game so I think the word 'loyal' was relevant in this game and same goes for the 13 k that have attended at home this season!.As for those who choose not to attend ewood all season you tell me what you think of them please?.And please do not use internal politics as an excuse!...if you choose not to attend then don't comment as your views are irrelevant if you can't watch from the stands!

yesterdays game was always going to attract a poor attendance giving recent events and calls by fans to boycott the game so I think the word 'loyal' was relevant in this game and same goes for the 13 k that have attended at home this season!.As for those who choose not to attend ewood all season you tell me what you think of them please?.And please do not use internal politics as an excuse!...if you choose not to attend then don't comment as your views are irrelevant if you can't watch from the stands!

Does that include people who now only attend a few Rovers games every three or four years perhaps cause they now live outside the UK, just so I know whether I'm a supporter or not . I didn't realise that when you stop going to matches you can not support a team must have missed that page in the I'm a bigger supporter than you guide to modern day football, handbook

Yesterday's game was like a breath of fresh air!.The 5000 LOYAL fans were magnificent in the way they conducted themselves and more importantly got behind the lads!.There was no vile chanting towards board members negativity amongst the fans.A clear message to those who didn't attend yesterday... This is the kind of support our team craves for so please leave the politics outside of ewood as it really DOES help the team!.

Perhaps the real "loyal" supporters of the CLUB are the ones who stayed away yesterday.

Support of a tiny number may well help the team, but will it help the club?

Does that include people who now only attend a few Rovers games every three or four years perhaps cause they now live outside the UK, just so I know whether I'm a supporter or not . I didn't realise that when you stop going to matches you can not support a team must have missed that page in the I'm a bigger supporter than you guide to modern day football, handbook

NO and please don't assume otherwise because I think you know what I'm referring to!

Think people are jumping down this guy's throat a bit, surely he's entitled to his opinion?

Personally I agree with some of it. However I've always been of the opinion that most fans who don't chant negatively, don't actually chant positively either. The reason many don't chant negatively is because they don't like chanting or generally making much noise full stop. These fans rarely if ever contribute to an actual atmosphere, they just contribute to the visual attendance.

I don't agree with the negative chanting at the moment, but then I think a lot of it is anger at the scant time given to Berg, which doesn't bother me because I never wanted him full stop. But you can't argue that the negative chanters also chant positively during games, and generally speaking create an atmosphere. Barnsley away was the perfect example of this, and I think the players would probably rather have it than the fans who make pretty much no noise whatsoever.

Archived