BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

"Palermo announces that it has reached with the Blackburn Roversspacer.gif Football Club in an agreement for the acquisition of rights to Mauro Abel Formica,"

Maybe just a google translation used on the sky sports website but strange terminology , wasn't the initial Formica transfer held up because of suspected third party ownership of the player ? be interesting to find out the value of the transfer and how much Rovers get out of it

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Palermo announces that it has reached with the Blackburn Roversspacer.gif Football Club in an agreement for the acquisition of rights to Mauro Abel Formica,"

Maybe just a google translation used on the sky sports website but strange terminology , wasn't the initial Formica transfer held up because of suspected third party ownership of the player ? be interesting to find out the value of the transfer and how much Rovers get out of it

One of the many very dodgy deals under the devious tool Kean/man who cannot be named - wasn't there an issue with a French club who were trying to buy him back then?

Brilliant news, hopefully this is just the first of many out the door. Is it too much to hope that Goodwillie might be next? I'd like it if we could get rid of Simon, Givet and Robinson too. None of them are going to figure much in the future and it would be good to have the extra cash and money available for wages.

Brilliant news, hopefully this is just the first of many out the door. Is it too much to hope that Goodwillie might be next? I'd like it if we could get rid of Simon, Givet and Robinson too. None of them are going to figure much in the future and it would be good to have the extra cash and money available for wages.

Could also pay for Venkys car hire bill / snowball deflectors & business studies course.

What on earth are 'acquisition rights'?

I guess you'll have to ask Jerome. ;) Rem it was he who was kind enough to step into the breach at Brockhall and help the new but gullible 'inexperienced' owners spend their money wasn't he? I assume he'll have all the info filed away somewhere safe and will be only to happy to give you full details of transfers which you may require.

Good luck with that one.

think some are being too hard on Formica....honest sort who may have been a step too slow on the wing and not suited to play off a forward in this league...did score the odd goal and seemed to care which is unlike some of the squad....and when compared to the likes of Murphy and Etuhu coming in and the wages their on, I wouldn't rate the Rochina and Formica signings as too bad....hopefully Appleton can xontinue to trim the squad and bring in a box to box central midfielder to replace Lowe and or Murphy

Formica wasn't good enough to play in the Premier League and I thought he might shine at the lower level but he's shown little this season to suggest he is ever going to improve. That's one Carlos Kickaball out of the door ..... now can Rochina and the others follow him please ?

Google translation error, possibly. Or maybe not. It may be a reference to a financial instrument designed to get round the FA's ban on players being 'owned' by agents (viz. Carlos Tevez rumpus a few years back). South American, Spanish and, in particular, Portuguese clubs, are heavily in debt. The latter as a result of the ridiculously lavish spend on new grounds for Euro 2004. Benfica built a new Stadium of Light, and clubs like Coimbra, where I went to watch England, have huge debt funded stadia to house their 3,000 average crowds. As a result the clubs have found different ways to raise cash to service the debts. This article explains how.

http://www.deltaworld.org/sport/Portugal-a-new-and-controversial-financial-instruments-applied-to-football-paradise/

The arrival of a clutch of Portuguese, Spanish and Argentinian nobodies at Ewood could, of course, be purely based on footballing potential, and not at all related to potential personal gain for Rovers personnel who recommended these players. But it would be interesting to know if our amigos have been bought in the traditional manner, or whether they are part owned by a Fund. Who could possibly be Shareholders in a Fund that would reap the rewards from future transfers once Rovers have developed them and sold them on? Maybe Portuguese speaking Steve Kean, or the virtuous Shabby. Surely not? Would Kean and Singh be so cynical as to hatch a plan where Rovers spend money on players, more money on training them, and then cream off the bulk of the sell on fee leaving Rovers hugely out of pocket? I really cannot believe that such professionals as these fine men would even countenance such a thing. Because that would be bordering on corruption, and that just couldn't happen under a strict corporate culture such as exists at Venky's.

This article is not clear as to whether this new instrument is in contravention of the FA policy which banned wholly owned player/agent relationships, and whether a part owned system through a Fund gets round it. Of course I could be wildly and unjustly speculating. And Google and Sky may have just got this all wrong. The 'acquisition rights' phrase and the Rochina rights wrangle may have just been the press getting things mixed up. Or not.

Google translation error, possibly. Or maybe not. It may be a reference to a financial instrument designed to get round the FA's ban on players being 'owned' by agents (viz. Carlos Tevez rumpus a few years back). South American, Spanish and, in particular, Portuguese clubs, are heavily in debt. The latter as a result of the ridiculously lavish spend on new grounds for Euro 2004. Benfica built a new Stadium of Light, and clubs like Coimbra, where I went to watch England, have huge debt funded stadia to house their 3,000 average crowds. As a result the clubs have found different ways to raise cash to service the debts. This article explains how.

http://www.deltaworld.org/sport/Portugal-a-new-and-controversial-financial-instruments-applied-to-football-paradise/

The arrival of a clutch of Portuguese, Spanish and Argentinian nobodies at Ewood could, of course, be purely based on footballing potential, and not at all related to potential personal gain for Rovers personnel who recommended these players. But it would be interesting to know if our amigos have been bought in the traditional manner, or whether they are part owned by a Fund. Who could possibly be Shareholders in a Fund that would reap the rewards from future transfers once Rovers have developed them and sold them on? Maybe Portuguese speaking Steve Kean, or the virtuous Shabby. Surely not? Would Kean and Singh be so cynical as to hatch a plan where Rovers spend money on players, more money on training them, and then cream off the bulk of the sell on fee leaving Rovers hugely out of pocket? I really cannot believe that such professionals as these fine men would even countenance such a thing. Because that would be bordering on corruption, and that just couldn't happen under a strict corporate culture such as exists at Venky's.

This article is not clear as to whether this new instrument is in contravention of the FA policy which banned wholly owned player/agent relationships, and whether a part owned system through a Fund gets round it. Of course I could be wildly and unjustly speculating. And Google and Sky may have just got this all wrong. The 'acquisition rights' phrase and the Rochina rights wrangle may have just been the press getting things mixed up. Or not.

wow what a lot of hear say with little to no substance :blink: a boring and strained fictional narrative, can we not move on from this sort of bland nonsense. this board is just starting to get good again :wacko:

Thanks OOJW but you know that BRFCS has always been a place where one mass opinion dominates and board can sometimes rounds on those with the who disagree. I have been guilty of it in the past as we probably all have.

Most of us backed Berg against our better judgement and I for one feel once bitten twice shy. I don't think Appleton is up to the task so that is why I am reserving the right to let Appleton earn my trust and prove that despite being under qualified he is worthy of such a job. Support needs to be earned

I very much hope I am wrong about the new manager because that will mean the Rovers are prospering (even inspite of Venkys ineptitude).

Okay lets agree then, your are an avid rover and have been for many a year so i stand corrected, this last post you have done is of a more friendly nature and positive so no complaints from me, i know this forum is all about opinions and debate which is great, but sometimes in anger, some step over the mark and that was the point i was making when i said you were not a rovers fan.

Archived