BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Backroom

Yes you make a good point, but I think Rhodes was bought with a very to making money when we sell him on, so more of a business decision than a footballing one.

In that case they will be laughing this summer as he will attract bids of around 10-12m from some Premier league teams I imagine

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job Apple beating bristol, you are the Messiah..or not. Get out of our club you joke no one wants you here. THREE-FOUR NEW PLAYERS.

I had no problem with your opinion (in the sense that it was your opinion but not mine, and there's reason for not getting too carried away) up until the second sentence. It is simply incorrect to say nobody wants him here. I want him here. I know quite a few people who want him here. There are also many others who are simply waiting to see what happens and will back him. There are others, I am sure, who don't want him in specifically and question our future with him but will back him and hope he succeeds for the good of the club. Then there are those, like yourself, who don't want him here at all. To say that everybody falls into the last category is either a lie or an incredible amount of denial on your part.

Please refrain from making up your own facts as it devalues other points you make.

In that case they will be laughing this summer as he will attract bids of around 10-12m from some Premier league teams I imagine

Well if he keeps banging in the goals he's sure to attract attention the Premiership clubs, so it could be the first decent decision Venkys have made in signing Rhodes for decent money.

Interesting take on things, I guess the owners are thinking kean or bust.

Campbell is a man in form, he's not worth that sort of contract but the owners are desperate for that TV money, I guess they think its worth the gamble.

Was there a transfer fee involved? If not (or if it was very low) then it should be factored in to the wages ie 2m "transfer fee" and 2.5 "wages"

Was there a transfer fee involved? If not (or if it was very low) then it should be factored in to the wages ie 2m "transfer fee" and 2.5 "wages"

I think thats the reason why the deal seems so good, because the fee, if any at all, was minimal. Its very good money for a 31yr old, not suprised he left Hull in a hurry!

Good job Apple beating bristol, you are the Messiah..or not. Get out of our club you joke no one wants you here. THREE-FOUR NEW PLAYERS.

And to think Blackburn Rovers Action Group got slated when people perceived them to be speaking for everybody...now we have Mr. E who professes that he speaks for all the fans regarding Appleton. Oh, the irony.

Why don't you just Kean off back to Dingle-land where you belong. This is Rovers fans forum.

I have always been a Murphy fan, wished we'd have got him instead of Fulham in his prime, but we have him too late on a contract one year too long and too expensive. If we are trying to get journeymen players (DJ) on long expensive contracts, then good riddance and glad not here - we have plummeted so quickly as to quality. Said before, prepare for next year under MA, see the season out winning more than losing, and added bonus, Venkys feck off.......look forward to next season (oh and we draw at the Arse, beat them on pens in the replay, and get to Wemberley!)

Good that it is still being highlighted but been plenty of time for all concerned to cover their arses starting from when the FA received the contents of the action group dossier, which no doubt sent faxes and couriers into overdrive

Poor Appleton. First Samba hijacked his thread, now this.

I love Bypass to bits but he does have this habit of multi-posting links on different threads - usually the popular ones.

Only one required Bp. :tu:

Den, you're quick enough to pick up in my posts, just returning the favour. You made a big thing of samba playing in the CL, I just pointed out he'd never played in that competition.And you may wish to look back to see who started with the keany posts, it certainly wasn't me!

I'd like to know who the ANother is as well.

I couldn't care less what competition Samba did or did not play in, I don't need any external evidence when I've got the evidence of my own eyes when he played for my club. He was magnificent and that's the end of it.

Not in my book, he may have wanted him (encouraged by the action group I believe) instead of Kean and his Cox but the only reason we got him is because the owners green lit the money to sign him when nobody else would go that high. I won't give them credit but if anyone is to take the plaudits it has to be them.

If Shebby had identified an unknown player from Timbuktu and gone and got him and he had the same impact then maybe he would be worthy of credit for it.

Bias over reason there I think. As I have it Shebby fought to get Rhodes over Cox and won. Probably a key factor in making Kean's position untenable.

So credit where it's due IMO. Doesn't excuse Shebby's other failings, so much of them no need to make it up.

• Backroom

Bias over reason there I think. As I have it Shebby fought to get Rhodes over Cox and won. Probably a key factor in making Kean's position untenable.

So credit where it's due IMO. Doesn't excuse Shebby's other failings, so much of them no need to make it up.

I have no bias why would I? if we are to give him credit for it though I suppose its only fair we blame him for our position in the league after all if he was in a position to make those deals he left us with the weakest central midfield in the league :P so cheers for that shebbs

All in all I'm glad the owners signed Rhodes and they probably are as well

Back on topic I like the simple shape Appy is setting us up with, we have the players for 4-4-2 (apart from a weakness on the wing), the formation suits Rhodes so it makes perfect sense to play it

Is it? I wonder. He is too much like Rhodes and the only way that I can make that fit given our much more pressing requirement to strengthen midfield and/or defence is if Rhodes has expressed an intention to leave to a better club Or if one was either nosing around him or has expressed an intention to sign him in the summer.

My thoughts exactly, wood to the fire with the fact we also took a punt on a young striker for when Campbell's legs go.

When did Samba go one strike? I don't recall that at all.

He called in sick on more than one occasion.

Interesting take on things, I guess the owners are thinking kean or bust.

Campbell is a man in form, he's not worth that sort of contract but the owners are desperate for that TV money, I guess they think its worth the gamble.

Gav, I am sure to a point you are correct but given the reason they bought in the first place I would think it is as much about the exposure the Prem brings. Overseas, well here, coverage of the championship is almost nil. I've seen 3 Rovers games this season, last season I saw damned near all of them.

wait wait wait.... what position and how many points do we actually have?

on most websites, including BBC and Rovers.co.uk, we have 43 points and we're 9th. 4 points off a playoff spot after playing 30 games.

HOWEVER! I pretty sure that before the game we had 37 points. how come we have an extra 3 points? Even Soccerway has us in 13th with 40 points.

wait wait wait.... what position and how many points do we actually have?

on most websites, including BBC and Rovers.co.uk, we have 43 points and we're 9th. 4 points off a playoff spot after playing 30 games.

HOWEVER! I pretty sure that before the game we had 37 points. how come we have an extra 3 points? Even Soccerway has us in 13th with 40 points.

It's wrong. I wonder who's lead they are all taking. BBC I imagine.

• Backroom

See with Samba there is a difference he was totally unknown and unearthed by Hughes and his team, Rhodes was such an obvious signing that most teams in the league were looking at him but most didn't have the cash to back that up.

Not sure why this is so important to people to be honest, we all have differing opinions

See with Samba there is a difference he was totally unknown and unearthed by Hughes and his team, Rhodes was such an obvious signing that most teams in the league were looking at him but most didn't have the cash to back that up.

Not sure why this is so important to people to be honest, we all have differing opinions

But like I said yesterday. By the same token Van Persie was even more obvious and there should be less, even zero, credit for Ferguson.

It's important, to me, because people want to crucify Singh (even preferring Shagnew, FFS) when in my view he has shown that he does want the best for the club.

It comes down to whether people think Singh has done nothing for Rovers, or if he's actually responsible for the two things that fans can be most glad about: Kean Out, Rhodes In.

Take away those two things and maybe he becomes just a bumbling, stupid, oaf who can't keep his trap shut. I think there are people who are doing their best to promote this image and to discredit him for their own benefit. Both within the club and the fanbase.

Archived