BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

I wish rovers fans would get realistic

Appleton inherited a really shocking team to be fair , hes doing his best he possibly can

This season is just about not going down for me - next season i think we will storm the league - give him a chance for crying out loud !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Departures of Rochina and Formica for whatever reason have crippled an already weak squad.

Jury out but that was one heck of a win at the Arse.

Rochina wanted to go, no point keeping an unhappy player.

Formica was pretty average wherever he played, saying that I'd have him in the centre of our midfield in a heartbeat at present. He actually has some energy.

As for Appleton, no point judging him entirely yet, he has made the right noises about the squad and the weak areas, but then persists in going after wingers....

We'll see what happens over the summer (assuming he doesn't get canned of course).

Did you see the list of candidates before Appleton was appointed? We're not getting Warnock/McCarthy/Ferguson pal... we're getting Peter Taylor or Judan Ali next.

I don't hold Appleton in high regard, but if you genuinely think we'll get a decent manager in if we get rid of Appleton I suggest you think again.

i'll take a wild guess and say no one on this site saw a list of candidates squiggled on a bit of paper in preferential order, but i'd imagine even the dumbest most incompetent owners evntually have a penny dropping moment and try experience when all other ventures implode.

Not to be too demeanining to the pi$h poor excuse of a club that p'boro are paying some players £150 per week if commentators are to be believed but Ferguson is doing miracles to keep them within touching distance of staying up and i think he'd be a massive upgrade on Appleton and how the hell can anyone on here know he would'nt come if asked and offered a bag of gold

Did you see the list of candidates before Appleton was appointed? We're not getting Warnock/McCarthy/Ferguson pal... we're getting Peter Taylor or Judan Ali next.

I don't hold Appleton in high regard, but if you genuinely think we'll get a decent manager in if we get rid of Appleton I suggest you think again.

Do you mean the actual list or the bullshit made up crap in the papers and on twitter?

Those out there that have been waiting too really put the boot into Appleton, well have a read of his post match interview regarding his 'inspirational' half time team talk, your going too love it, me though i'm just disappointed(initially just in the players but now after reading that, for the 1st and regardless of current results im disappointed in the manager also)

• Backroom

So flying in the face of all logic based on our last 3 managerial appointments we now believe if/when Appleton gets the boot or resigns Venky's will hire a good, experienced manager.

All I can advise is prepare to be massively disappointed. Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and Venky's have shown they have no intention of learning. Seemingly, a fair chunk of our fans are the same.

Nobody wants to put the boot in (haven't really read anyone really do so yet) as we all hope he succeeds against all the odds

So flying in the face of all logic based on our last 3 managerial appointments we now believe if/when Appleton gets the boot or resigns Venky's will hire a good, experienced manager.

All I can advise is prepare to be massively disappointed. Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and Venky's have shown they have no intention of learning. Seemingly, a fair chunk of our fans are the same.

Well we seem to be repeating the same 'performance' trend of the previous two too.

If first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. Never settle for 2nd best (or 67th best in Appletons case). Just because the owners have why should we?

Appleton now has to man up and just tell it like it is or he's just going too lose more and more respect with every point lost:- Murphy is awful as a player and his attitude is disgusting but he's all we have in that position and and He's being payed way way too much to be dropped(the owners will just not let it happen).

• Backroom

Nobody wants to put the boot in (haven't really read anyone really do so yet) as we all hope he succeeds against all the odds

Well we seem to be repeating the same 'performance' trend of the previous two too.

If first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. Never settle for 2nd best (or 67th best in Appletons case). Just because the owners have why should we?

We don't make the decision as to who the next manager is, they do. It's quite a big difference!

And letting Givet just sit around until his contract runs out, whilst the squad is so weak is just unacceptable, he should be playing at left back(ahead of an 18 year old nobody) whether he likes it or not and if hes refusing to play then surely he breaking the rules of his contract.

Those out there that have been waiting too really put the boot into Appleton, well have a read of his post match interview regarding his 'inspirational' half time team talk, your going too love it, me though i'm just disappointed(initially just in the players but now after reading that, for the 1st and regardless of current results im disappointed in the manager also)

Inspiring stuff from Appleton! I'm not a hater but his comments are straight out of the Kean book of post-match nonsense. 'I told the lads not to lose the 2nd half and we nearly succeeded till that late goal' was a particular highlight. I really wanted him to succeed and the time to judge him is next season but some of his comments are starting to grate.

So obviously there was a lot of disagreement with me about Berg, but my thing is it seemed some of our best performances of the season were under him. There have been very few games where you can say we were the better side, but Peterborough, Huddersfield, and Birmingham it sounded like we absolutely outplayed the other team. I believe that over the course of a season, if you continually outplay the other teams, you're gonna get wins eventually, and we were very unlucky under berg. Usually that balances out, but not necessarily over ten games, and like i said, the performances were pretty good without much luck going the other way. Considering the fact that our squad clearly isn't that great (several managers haven't done very well) and he didn't get to bring in his own players or staff, I'm not sure he was the disaster we all act like. And no, it's not sentimentalism, as I am too young to remember the days of Berg playing at Rovers.

I mean very few games in total, not just under Berg, and a couple of our best have been under him.

Let's stop this now. Berg is a terrible manager. He has a track record of failure at three different clubs now. He had some good performances early on but towards the end there was only one way we were going under Berg, the results were terrible.

Appleton is a little better but I doubt he's good enough.

Our squad really isn't as bad as some people are suggesting.

The last 2 managers to get us promoted out of this division were Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness , I do not expect to see anyone of their footballing pedigree at Ewood Park again , whether that be as a player or manager ,,,,,,,,

Blackburn Rovers are not a big club , they need a high profile manager who can then lift the club !

Kenny , Souey ,Hughes and Sam all fitted the above criteria , Kean , Berg and Appleton do not ..

I am 50 and I am certain , I ahve seen my last premier league game ...

Archived