BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well his Portsmouth record was at a club shedding players by the dozen, starting the season with a squad literally thrown together at the last minute. Maybe that will happen at Ewood in the future but his record was never going to be good in those circumstances. Shankly and Mourinho would've struggled!

Did you see his application form?

not a great appointment but what do we expect? venkys couldnt give a stuff about us, they want a cheapo manager but at least appleton has learned the hard way, if it doesnt work out then surely SURELY the next time venkys WILL go for an experienced manager

The really frustrating thing though is that we'll have to pay compensation, and he'll be more expensive than the likes of Billy Davies or even Phil Brown.

Personally I'd have O'Driscoll or anyone with a decent track record.

The phrase 'underwhelmed' is used a lot on here. What appointment would have people 'overwhelmed' given we are a mid table Championship club?

The really frustrating thing though is that we'll have to pay compensation, and he'll be more expensive than the likes of Billy Davies or even Phil Brown.

1.2M to Kean, nearly 3 years wages to Berg, compensation to Sam, compensation to Blackpool= no money for players, maybe some enforced sales of whatever talent is left.

What a bunch of meaning losers.

• Backroom
Appleton choice is better than appointing Taylor, Dickov or Brown tbh.

Responses like this are probably exactly why Taylor, Ali and MacDonald's names were leaked in the first place. Let's face it, if Appleton had been offered after Kean had been sacked everybody would have been furious. Even immediately after Berg's sacking I don't think he'd have generated any positive response.

Now, because some of the worst names ever were leaked, he's a good appointment? Don't think so.

Well his Portsmouth record was at a club shedding players by the dozen, starting the season with a squad literally thrown together at the last minute. Maybe that will happen at Ewood in the future but his record was never going to be good in those circumstances. Shankly and Mourinho would've struggled!

Sorry but we heard all this about Berg. Not having conclusive proof that someone is a bad manager doesn't even come close to indicating they're a good one. But who cares anymore, this is one long horrible nightmare that we can't wake up from, I think I'll go and quietly surrender myself to insanity (or start watching Stanley).

Appleton choice is better than appointing Taylor, Dickov or Brown tbh.

It's a tissue paper thickness step up from those 3. Two of them are proven failures, what's this guy done that's better than Dickov ? Singh had his puppet and cocked it up now Shagnew will have theirs. Im just about past giving a stuff now. Clubs owned/infected and run by Vermin !

Archived