BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] administration

nobody knows what is happen with Rovers.

we could get promote this season through the playoffs.

we dont know who was behind the Appleton appointment. some ppl say Shaw, some ppl say Shaw wasnt and it came from Venkys.

venkys know @#/? all and don't even come to the UK...

I'd be very surprised if the had anything to do with any if the managers other than a "yes" get whoever

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are going to be swallowing your words when this year's accounts are published.

There are seven players including the new additional players (Murphy, Etuhu and Rhodes) on very big wages whilst the relegation clauses averaged out at a 35% reduction. Wages were 91% of turnover last season at £50m so your numbers for wages of £40m are probably pretty close.

Chuck in the £1.2m to Kean, Berg's deal, paying Blackpool for Appleton, agents' fees quite likely to have been at least £2m for the summer imports....

Dan Grabko is estimating the loss to be in the region of £25m to £30m by the way.

Really? So you are suggesting a wage bill of 40m then? Reducing existing contracts by 35% and removing grella, salgado, samba, emerton, andrews, roberts, yakubu, nelsen, nzonzi, modeste and probably a bunch of b-players as well as support staff won't at all create a lower wage because of murphy, etuhu, rhodes and best?

No you keep peddling the fear, sadly there are quite a few that buy it.

Incidentally trying to use Dan to justify what YOU are saying is pretty pathetic.

You are going to be swallowing your words when this year's accounts are published.

There are seven players including the new additional players (Murphy, Etuhu and Rhodes) on very big wages whilst the relegation clauses averaged out at a 35% reduction. Wages were 91% of turnover last season at £50m so your numbers for wages of £40m are probably pretty close.

Chuck in the £1.2m to Kean, Berg's deal, paying Blackpool for Appleton, agents' fees quite likely to have been at least £2m for the summer imports....

Dan Grabko is estimating the loss to be in the region of £25m to £30m by the way.

Chicken Licken's at it again. It's always the next accounts isn't it?

• Backroom
Why oh why would they continue plugging the gap?

Rovers supporters need to be prepared for a road crash this summer with a massive clear out of players and the wage bill shrunk by 75%.

If all these protestations that Shaw was simply told to do the Appleton deal are to be believed (and I am not convinced), then the logical conclusion is Venky's signed the former Pompey Manager to get someone in who has a track record of keeping players playing whilst everybody is shot or sold.

It is all looking a bit obvious, isn't it?

Perhaps the loss is offset by bigger profits in other companies of theirs, while Rovers keeps advertising their brand?

I can only go off their track record so far which is: 1 gap to plug.....they plugged it.

Another 'logical' conclusion to Appleton's appointment is that they've been advised he could be a good manager?

I'm only playing devil's advocate and not believing Venky's have any credibility left, btw. But I know your previous record on rumours is hardly stellar ;)

It's ABOUT to happen lol

Is it really a laughing matter?

You think there's no problem at Rovers then? Pay-offs to sacked staff, no sponsor, corporate income down, no sponsor that we can get for more than 3 games, parachute money to go down after next season, seemingly can't afford to replace backroom staff that we've binned off ... is there anything I've missed? Oh yeah, hardly any incoming transfers this month according to Shebby Singh, and only a 6 month contract on offer. Ooops, no we gave "Appy" 2.5 years, no? Hmmmm ... strange one, that.

Your post comes over as very smug, I know you have it in for Phil, but don't you think the writing is on the wall to an extent?

As someone posted recently, Venky's operate in a low-margin business, I don't believe they have the werewithall or the will to "plug the gap".

To an extent, they are a black box, they have a miasma of private subsidiary businesses, they do the club's banking in India, they say nothing in the press, they never visit. Seemingly, they just don't care. But I think the writing is on the wall and we would be foolish to think that there isn't a developing problem here.

Better to focus on that than silly little spats.

Is it really a laughing matter?

You think there's no problem at Rovers then? Pay-offs to sacked staff, no sponsor, corporate income down, no sponsor that we can get for more than 3 games, parachute money to go down after next season, seemingly can't afford to replace backroom staff that we've binned off ... is there anything I've missed? Oh yeah, hardly any incoming transfers this month according to Shebby Singh, and only a 6 month contract on offer. Ooops, no we gave "Appy" 2.5 years, no? Hmmmm ... strange one, that.

Your post comes over as very smug, I know you have it in for Phil, but don't you think the writing is on the wall to an extent?

As someone posted recently, Venky's operate in a low-margin business, I don't believe they have the werewithall or the will to "plug the gap".

To an extent, they are a black box, they have a miasma of private subsidiary businesses, they do the club's banking in India, they say nothing in the press, they never visit. Seemingly, they just don't care. But I think the writing is on the wall and we would be foolish to think that there isn't a developing problem here.

Better to focus on that than silly little spats.

couldn't of put it any better mate

Really? So you are suggesting a wage bill of 40m then? Reducing existing contracts by 35% and removing grella, salgado, samba, emerton, andrews, roberts, yakubu, nelsen, nzonzi, modeste and probably a bunch of b-players as well as support staff won't at all create a lower wage because of murphy, etuhu, rhodes and best?

No you keep peddling the fear, sadly there are quite a few that buy it.

Incidentally trying to use Dan to justify what YOU are saying is pretty pathetic.

Many of those didn't make it through the full season 2011/12 yet even so the wages nearly hit £50m.

You are also forgetting CKR, six Portuguese and a rather well paid Polish keeper have come in all courtesy of money no object Shebby Singh. Do you think Nuno Gomes is on an apprenticeship wage?

I said £24m then Dan forecast losses of £25m to £30m on the pod cast a week after me.

The only thing that is pathetic is your comment.

I forgot Hoilett as well. I'm aware that jr, rn & cs left midseason. Am also aware that we aided jr's move financially...

It's also my understanding that CKR is a loan signing and disappears from the eqaution in June.

In my view the club is lowering costs in response to the developing situation and administration is not on the horizon.

But I'm pishing in the wind here so enjoy the impending doom.

I forgot Hoilett as well. I'm aware that jr, rn & cs left midseason. Am also aware that we aided jr's move financially...

It's also my understanding that CKR is a loan signing and disappears from the eqaution in June.

In my view the club is lowering costs in response to the developing situation and administration is not on the horizon.

But I'm pishing in the wind here so enjoy the impending doom.

When you look at the likes of Morten, Murphy, Rhodes and CKR on massive wages, how can we survive beyond this season with such a financial weight around our neck?

They’re talking about bringing Bentley back, a player we don’t need, and more importantly a wage we don't need.

Its a worrying time....

Why would Appleton come in if he's been told we're going into Admin?

This is Venkys we're dealing with, they'll have no idea that we're heading in that direction, in fact they'll be the last to know whilst everyone else is riding the gravy train until it hits the buffers.

After the last 2 years we the supporters have to prepare for the road crash. Its inevitable with the length of Contracts and number of big earners.

"Rubber dinghy boys" again for the second time in 14 years -this time without Uncle Jack but with Owners who read all the Business and Football Manuals upside down.

Season Ticket numbers down to 5k? The Trust held their meeting at Blackburn Cathedral post-Berg and few attending -it would get many more people now.RTID

Who's to say he's been told?

I doubt for one minute this was discussed at interview and was the clincher for it... he probably knows and is on a bigger pay than at Blackpool

don't forget he wasn't being paid at pompey neither was his players so if venkys do know about administration then his is perfect for the situation..

one thing is we can't shy a way from the fact it could be round the corner..

You sound as blinkered as Hughesy.

For saying we wont go into Admin at the end of the season??

So IF im right - your blinkered? Ok lets see come the summer

Hughesy I think I know what you know.

I don't think Venky's would dare even let a friendly administrator near the club.

Do you now....

For saying we wont go into Admin at the end of the season??

So IF im right - your blinkered? Ok lets see come the summer

No, you're blinkered for not believing it's possible.

I think it's possible but not certain.

Please sign up for Logic 101 whenever you have a free moment.

No, you're blinkered for not believing it's possible.

I think it's possible but not certain.

Please sign up for Logic 101 whenever you have a free moment.

EVERYTHING is possible, Impossible is nothing....

BUT Venkys will NOT take us into Admin in summer....

EVERYTHING is possible, Impossible is nothing....

BUT Venkys will NOT take us into Admin in summer....

They may have to. The debts are too high judging from the work Philip and others have done. Venky's will now have one eye on getting the 25 million or so they gave the Trust back out to Pune. I would guess that they have loaded a lot of the debt back on the club's balance sheet. The next accounts will show that. Rumours are that cost mismanagement may cause the club to lose another 25 million this year. If that is true, it would make it pretty well impossible, short of a miraculous promotion campaign, to pay off the debt and then get the 25 million they feel they are owed, back out.

They could firesale this summer, or, a more cynical approach would be to move the club into administration after the Burnley game in March. Rules state that any club entering administration after the fourth Thursday in March would have their 10 point deduction suspended until the following season. So if Venky's feel Rovers can get to 60 points - 24 from 18 more games - they could take the rap in March, rid the club of debt, and assume a restructured club with no debt and one more full parachute season ahead of them. There are 2 more reduced, but still substantial, payment seasons after that which will allow them to salt the money away to add to the booty they already have taken..

In short, for Venky's to save themselves and get both 25 million of debt sorted, and 25 million of purchase price restored, it is either promotion this season (unlikely), next (who knows?), or administration and a fire sale to allow three seasons of 'profit' that will then fund a grotesque Indian takeaway. I fear the latter is more likely. In this appalling scenario Appleton's first 10 games ending with Burnley at home will determine the very future of the club.

Archived