BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's, including Mrs D., in town this week ?

Mercer

Wonder if they've realised that Shebby and Shagnew can't work together so someone's going to be sacked.

Hopefully all three; Agnew, Shaw and Shebby out. I suppose its too much to ask that they bring back Tom Finn. A board of Silk, Coar and Finn would be a fairly professional set up and wouldn't interfere on the footballing side of things.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I remember hearing at the time that the last visit Mrs D made to a match was the 3-3 Wigan away game and she got some abuse from fans and refused to come back last season? Nice of her to make an appearence, but seriously, who cares anymore?

I'm sure I remember hearing at the time that the last visit Mrs D made to a match was the 3-3 Wigan away game and she got some abuse from fans and refused to come back last season? Nice of her to make an appearence, but seriously, who cares anymore?

The only game I can remember Mrs D coming to was the Tottenham match at Ewood

• Who kept posting in week before Charlton game that Kean wouldn't make it to that game and was scorned for it only to be proven right - confirmed by Kamy in podcast after match that there was intense pressure to get rid of Kean that week

To be fair, you never stopped posting that Kean was a goner. You had to be right sooner or later.

What time of year was it when Mrs.D made her last(and only, to my knowledge) appearance at Ewood(im sure it was a similar time than now)

You're right I think. She was here mid to late January 2011, did an interview with Radio Lancs re TF and JW's positions in which she said they were safe provided they "stayed on line." Couple of weeks later, at most, JW was gone.

However, there has to be other reasons for what looks like a 'family visit'. My guess is that a few heads are going to get banged together, players included, and it will be underlined in no uncertain terms that Appleton is boss. Understand that Appleton told hierarchy in no uncertain terms he would accept no interference whatsoever.
Interesting thought and really underlines the current mess at Ewood and the difficulty of running any club.

Just whose heads are going to be banged? Silk seems to quietly do her job, Shebby wouldn't be missed so could get potted, Shaw and Agnew? We have to have some senior management surely and who is likely to want to come here?

As for banging the players heads together, never works. Ultimately they have contracts and if a player "choses" to perform badly there's nothing which can be done about it. I'd suggest gross misconduct is the only way to sack a player.

You're right I think. She was here mid to late January 2011, did an interview with Radio Lancs re TF and JW's positions in which she said they were safe provided they "stayed on line." Couple of weeks later, at most, JW was gone.

No wonder. It's impossible to stay online for two weeks. I say he did well.

She gave her famous 'toe the line speech' on 16th December 2010 ... JW went after the Tottenham match on 2nd Feb 2011.

This guy has just contacted me again and said all the money is on Singh getting the golden bullet - he thinks that is the 'headliner'.

However, there has to be other reasons for what looks like a 'family visit'. My guess is that a few heads are going to get banged together, players included, and it will be underlined in no uncertain terms that Appleton is boss. Understand that Appleton told hierarchy in no uncertain terms he would accept no interference whatsoever.

:D How much would I pay to be included in the "Mrs D banging players heads together" meeting.? The thought of her telling professional footballers what's they need to do is quite exhilarating.

That's right, terrible isn't it:
  • Who reported first on here, before even press got wind, that Rhodes deal done
  • Who kept posting in week before Charlton game that Kean wouldn't make it to that game and was scorned for it only to be proven right - confirmed by Kamy in podcast after match that there was intense pressure to get rid of Kean that week
  • Who posted first on here that Holloway had escape clause in contract, again before anything in press
  • Who advised on here to pile money on Appleton's Blackpool appointment three days before it happened
  • I also said that Berg wouldn't make Brighton game and I think he only did (though match postponed) due to gremlins on line from Pune !

And if you don't believe the above then just wade back through my posts !

And there are others but I think I've made my point.

Hate to do this but get sick and tired of folk like you having a pop and talking shyte.

As I have always said, if I hear something and it can be posted then I do !

Different person.

You missed Sheffield Wednesday being nailed on promotion certs ;)

She wasn't there. It was the brothers... and apparently shocked by the reaction from the crowd they left just after half time.

you still happy with the loons spark?

how well have they done ?

Despite first meeting ES after a superb night outside the Bayer Arena in Leverkeusan I'm suprised Neal can be so happy now that the crowds are down to 5k of proper supporters and us tremblers and our money have disappeared over the horizon. I simply cant get my head around the fact that he'll be happier still when we our position will match our finances and his seasonal highlight will be an annual trip to Stanley.

Despite first meeting ES after a superb night outside the Bayer Arena in Leverkeusan I'm suprised Neal can be so happy now that the crowds are down to 5k of proper supporters and us tremblers and our money have disappeared over the horizon. I simply cant get my head around the fact that he'll be happier still when we our position will match our finances and his seasonal highlight will be an annual trip to Stanley.

Hmmmm where to start? ..... I know ... I'll go with the easy one first ..

1) It's Neil not Neal.

2) Very nice 'bumping into you' outside the Bayer Arena ... but that wasn't the first time we met. Do you not remember a FF pre-meet at the Fernhurst circa July 2004?

3) Being critical of counter-productive in-match protests does not amount to a vote of confidence for the handling of the club by the present owners.

This morning's LT confirms that the owners including Mrs D plan to be at Charlton game.

Mrs D won't just come over to watch a match, she can do that in Pune. I assume she is here to sort out amongst other things the squabbling between the 3 amigos.

Great .... A very winnable game could now be lost due to a sideshow. :(

Great .... A very winnable game could now be lost due to a sideshow. :(
Events on the pitch will dictate the crowd reaction.

But don't worry, all the supporters who are the MOST keaned off have stopped attending thanks to the Series of Unfortunate Events the have occurred since Countess Oaf took charge.

So you'll be able to watch the game in peace and quiet. :tu:

Archived