BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's, including Mrs D., in town this week ?

Mercer

They have made some stupid decisions in the last two and a bit years, but pre-publicising their attendance of the Charlton game would be 'right up there'. If they go ahead with this then the only winners will be our visitors from south of the Thames.

Also, if true, what's the betting that the new PR company have a shorter association with Ewood than Berg's managerial stint?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt they have screwed up the club, but it's far more important to get behind the team and Appleton and keep the momentum going.

Boo and chant against them then all you will achieve is making her stay in Pune again, while shebby Agnew and shaw run the circus unsupervised.

You've got love mercerman 'bigging himself up' earlier in the thread :lol: Go on mercer :tu:

Back on topic, its a real shame the loonies are coming to this one. Appletons first game should be a relatively joyous affair, but I fear with the loonies in town it could turn ugly. To be honest I'm torn between supporting the manager and team, or letting the people that have destroyed the club know exactly how I feel, we don't opportunities to hammer the owners too often, and this one shouldn't be missed.

I am certainly going to let those curry eating fools exactly how I feel about what they have done whilst eating my homemade ham butties, pork pie and scratchings

I dont think Ham and Pork will be a problem to them, they are not Muslims!!

What a Dilemma ..... want so badly to give Mrs D and the Venky boys both barrels , 2 years of pent up hate and repulsion i want to explode on them , but i'm also mindful that we have a new manager who regardles of his capabilities and deserves warm welcome , we're also on a 4 game unbeaten run and the players wont have had this much confidence for a long time

answer ??

Give them hell before the game , half-time and after the game

No doubt they have screwed up the club, but it's far more important to get behind the team and Appleton and keep the momentum going.

Boo and chant against them then all you will achieve is making her stay in Pune again, while shebby Agnew and shaw run the circus unsupervised.

Short-term v long-term. Got to think beyond the day.

The options are all out there. Make it hostile and that has a negative effect on the team. My personal thoughts would be to take banners 'Venky's Out' but fully support the team during the 90 minutes. Once the game is over, gather at the rear of the stand and then chant to your hearts content.

I do not think the abuse will mean anything to the Rao's and Mrs D as they are going nowhere anytime soon. We would be absolutely screwed without their current levelof financial support.

What about Sheff Wed being nailed on certs for promotion?Surely that's -10? ;)

Sheffield Wednesday comment was a matter of opinion, the others were a matter of fact. Spot the difference?

I am certainly going to let those curry eating fools exactly how I feel about what they have done whilst eating my homemade ham butties, pork pie and scratchings
Why would a Hindu be concerned about your diet Shad?

Just maybe they are, at last, being given some sensible advice.

The fact that all three, plus I assume Mrs D's husband, are coming is significant.

Think there is little doubt we are seeing the influence of the new PR company.

They will know that they are hugely unpopular and that their management of the club has been beyond poor. It's a good bet that the PR company will ahave advised them that one or two popular decisions just might help them to at least stem, if not turn, the tide.

It isn't looking good for Singh, and Agnew must be feeling very vulnerable having been Rovers' PR arm for, IMO, an ineffective lengthy period of time. I wouldn't rule out an approach to bring Tom Finn back. They would represent three popular, and I think, wise decisions to begin with.

I hope that Appleton's reign opens with a rip roaring win because I fear that the very existance of our club, as we have known it, might just rest on his shoulders and the rest of the season.

IMO the fans need to forget the fact that Venkys may well be at the match on Saturday (that's not to say the fans should forget some of the terrible decisions they have made) and support both the new manager and the team. The next for league matches, all at home, represents a fantastic opportunity for the team to really push for a play-off place and fans shouting "Venkys out" isn't going to help anybody...

Just maybe they are, at last, being given some sensible advice.

The fact that all three, plus I assume Mrs D's husband, are coming is significant.

Think there is little doubt we are seeing the influence of the new PR company.

They will know that they are hugely unpopular and that their management of the club has been beyond poor. It's a good bet that the PR company will ahave advised them that one or two popular decisions just might help them to at least stem, if not turn, the tide.

It isn't looking good for Singh, and Agnew must be feeling very vulnerable having been Rovers' PR arm for, IMO, an ineffective lengthy period of time. I wouldn't rule out an approach to bring Tom Finn back. They would represent three popular, and I think, wise decisions to begin with.

I hope that Appleton's reign opens with a rip roaring win because I fear that the very existance of our club, as we have known it, might just rest on his shoulders and the rest of the season.

Shaw / Agnew just returned from Pune, New manager, new PR team, venkys coming over - interesting set of coincidences. Something is brewing.

If venkys don't normally sack face to face - why should we think they will do it this time with Agnew or Singh?

IMO the fans need to forget the fact that Venkys may well be at the match on Saturday (that's not to say the fans should forget some of the terrible decisions they have made) and support both the new manager and the team. The next for league matches, all at home, represents a fantastic opportunity for the team to really push for a play-off place and fans shouting "Venkys out" isn't going to help anybody...

A rock and a hard place situation. But I agree with you. Get behind the new manager and support the team. But outside the ground letting venkys know how fans feel maybe more affective. Though they have shown that they do not listen anyway.

I agree.

The timing of this visit couldn't be any worse. The last thing Rovers fans need is to portrayed in a bad light once more, as any booing will be slated by the media who will portray it as fans not getting behind the new manager.

Perhaps I underestimated the PR company - for Venkys this is the best possible game to turn up at.

If they are here to rid the club of Shebby and Agnew then fair play - I just hope they carry it through.

The options are all out there. Make it hostile and that has a negative effect on the team. My personal thoughts would be to take banners 'Venky's Out' but fully support the team during the 90 minutes. Once the game is over, gather at the rear of the stand and then chant to your hearts content.

I do not think the abuse will mean anything to the Rao's and Mrs D as they are going nowhere anytime soon. We would be absolutely screwed without their current levelof financial support.

Once the game is over the Raos won't be there to hear them! Have they ever seen a whole 90 Mins? I don't think so.

We are screwed because they own us.

Couldn't agree more.

I agree. The timing of this visit couldn't be any worse. The last thing Rovers fans need is to portrayed in a bad light once more, as any booing will be slated by the media who will portray it as fans not getting behind the new manager. Perhaps I underestimated the PR company - for Venkys this is the best possible game to turn up at. If they are here to rid the club of Shebby and Agnew then fair play - I just hope they carry it through.

Neville Chamberlain lives.

Short ternm thinking This team is not going up this season, nor next season, so give Venkys the bird and if that rattles their new puppet then 2 for 1

Couldn't give a flying fig what happens to the Raos on Saturday.

Fans are fans, they'll do whatever they feel like. If they do get some stick, well tough, it might just give them another sweet reminder of how their running of the club is percieved by everyone at Ewood.

Agreed.

Getting a play off place is vital for the club.

My personal thoughts would be to take banners 'Venky's Out' but fully support the team during the 90 minutes. Once the game is over, gather at the rear of the stand and then chant to your hearts content.

I'd bet a handsome amount that they vacate the stadium before the end of the game.

Archived