BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince retires

Mercer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two thoughts: the first for members of this Board of my generation; the second recently asked by another former season-ticket holder with whom I used to share a pre-match drink.

1] Have we learned nothing from the Alan Gilliver transfer? *shakes head sadly* I.E. Did we not do our homework on his medical history?;

2] Are there more Scrabble points in Vince's name [Don't forget there's a "z" in his full forename!] ^_^ than the number of appearances he made for us???

I would say we have learned from the problems caused by the AG signing.

What I have never been able to work out is why we didn't apply what we had learned in this situation. After all, it was the same experienced group of people involved in the signing once Ince had decided he wanted to sign Grella.

• Backroom
No he wasn't. Your memory is very poor if you found him worse than Grabbi.

Grabbi might just pip Grella to the title as he appeared less times and cost a lot more. On the other hand at least he scored a couple of goals for us.

Grabbi might just pip Grella to the title as he appeared less times and cost a lot more. On the other hand at least he scored a couple of goals for us.

And Grabbi kept himself fit and available for selection. Not his fault that the manager didn't pick him.

Same with Kalinic.

• Backroom

And Grabbi kept himself fit and available for selection. Not his fault that the manager didn't pick him.

Same with Kalinic.

IIRC Grabbi did have his injury problems. Not to the extent of Grella, but you could break every bone in your body and come back quicker than Vince did.

• Backroom

I originally thought this thread was about Vince McMahon because I couldn't for the life of me think of someone connected with us called Vince.

Isn't there a rumour that Hughes left because he didn't get 4 million for Lassana Diarra so he left, we got Ince who wanted Grella for the same price.

Then Diarra went to Portsmouth who eventually sold him to Real Madrid for 20 million.

Every time I see the thread I think of Vince McMahon as well

Archived