BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Backroom

Normally we'd rather keep transfer talk in the transfer section but seeing as its deadline day I thought I'd create a new thread here for it

What can we expect from today? Olsson out? Robbo out? Givet out?

Baptiste in? Latest talk is bid rejected.

Not strictly limited to rovers deals either, can we see any headline deals going through today?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Robbo to Wet Spam - which is a fantastic move for them.

Behind a Big Sam style organised defence, he'll be a decent player for them.

Martin O to Norwich is the latest I've heard.

No major loss if he does go, certainly replaceable at LB.

• Backroom

It seems like Robbo and co going is the hold up preventing people coming in. I imagine Appleton has been asked to reduce the wage bill before bringing anyone in.

In fairness Robbo would be one of the first I'd shift out its just a shame we look like having to pay him off rather than get a fee for him

If we shift

Robbo

Formica

Simon

Rosado

Goodwillie

Linganzi

It should at least make a dent on the wage bill plus Olsson is likely to go

Virtually nothing leaking out from Rovers (which is how it should be), apart from Appy being confident of bring in a minimum of 3 players today.

I presume he hopes one will be Baptiste? LT saying we'll be going back for him.

I presume he hopes one will be Baptiste? LT saying we'll be going back for him.

Is he any good, don't know an awful lot about him much like nearly every other Championhip player.

I've noticed someone has edited his twitter to read:

Alexander Aaron John "Alex" Baptiste (born 31 January 1986) is an English magician who plays for Blackpool He usually plays in central defence, but has also played at both full back positions

I'm hoping that being called a magician relates to his ability to work wonders rather than his ability to disappear.

• Backroom

Robbo would be okay at West Ham if he can trim the fat. Good keeper at close range but struggles with long shots. Always wanted to REALLY like him, but I suppose I was spoilt with Friedel. Kean's youthfulness as well as ability has me loving him so far though :)

Hoping for the Kazim perma-deal and Henderson if Robbo goes. Be FAIRLY happy with Williamson tbf, but hope the Wiseman deal ain't happening. Would rather have Orr as Henley's back-up tbh. Wiseman in if Orr's out.

Robbo would be okay at West Ham if he can trim the fat. Good keeper at close range but struggles with long shots. Always wanted to REALLY like him, but I suppose I was spoilt with Friedel. Kean's youthfulness as well as ability has me loving him so far though :)

Strange one that (the possible transfer to West Ham), if Robbo can't cut it in the Championship against inferior strikers I'm not sure how he'll cope again in the Premiership.

Still he's a top bloke and has been good for us in the past so I wish him nothing but the very best.

Why?, all the signs point to him being a flop as he has been everywhere else he's played.

I think he was just bigger than everyone else when he was about 14 so seemed good for his age and when everyone has caught him up he turned out to be very average. Will only get worse you would think so definitely 1 to avoid.

Also, another bits and pieces player which we caertainly don't need.

i feel he has potential to star ... and his distribution is needed for rodhes.... if we not getting bently ... really don't mind punt on ADU

Looking at what the two americans said in the other thread he does have the potential but he only performs very infrequently (poor mans Rochina?)

Looking at his wiki page he's had contracts and loans at 7 different clubs at the age of 23 and hasn't really proved himself, I don't see how coming here is going to make any difference. Not worth taking a punt on imo.

Archived