BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

BBC Sport's Giles Goford at the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa: "I was with Benni McCarthy, the former Blackburn and West Ham striker, at a secondary school in Soweto today.

"I asked Benni if Real Madrid or Manchester United had been in touch regarding a last minute move back to Europe. Now 35, Benni laughed and said 'I'm way out of reach for them, I'm on another continent.'"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very greedy if that's the case.

Is it definitely the full contract he's after or just this "loyalty bonus" that seems to be in most players contract whereby they are due a payment if they leave the club but didn't ask for a transfer.

To be fair to Robbo if he's seen players of similar stature (Nelsen, Salgado etc) get the same deal then its only fair he asks the same. Unless they didn't of course in which case I would say, yes, greedy. That's football nowadays I suppose.

Not the whole contract. We needn't involve a buying club if we're paying the whole contract up, we can pay that up at any time and get rid.

What is paying up a contract and why does it make economic sense?

If I owe a million in wages over two years, does that mean I have to pay the million now to pay up the contract and get rid of the player? If so, why not keep the player and pay the same amount of money over time, and possibly have another back up in case of disaster?

I'd be happy for Simon to leave just so the date on whether he is actually any good will fall away.

He's not shown much for us to suggest he is.

The Sawyer? Hayley McQueen?

Not Charlotte Jackson. Booo. Fakes.

It's pretty creepy you know about the specifics of a strangers breasts.

If I owe a million in wages over two years, does that mean I have to pay the million now to pay up the contract and get rid of the player? If so, why not keep the player and pay the same amount of money over time, and possibly have another back up in case of disaster?

Yeah that makes sense, which is why there is usually a compromise in these situations.

If Robbo is going to a PL club then he doesn't need his whole contract paying up. If he's going to be on less money then maybe we could make up the shortfall that he would have earned for the remainder of his contract here.

That's pretty much what he's saying. Not sure if we can force a contract termination with no reason tho, but we can for sure if the player agrees.

Doesn't make sense to keep paying robbo and let him go to west ham. Might aswell keep him.

The way the club has treated Robbo, he is trying to screw as much money as he can!

Was Robinson's contract re-negotiated during Jerome's big sleepover party? If he's still with the agency who can not be named I'm sure they will get him a good deal out of the holiday fund otherwise known as BRFC

Robbo - fully expect a contract termination deal to be reached by close of play.

Simon - deal off for now. Needs to knuckle down in training and show manager he 'wants it'.

Baptiste - Appy really wants him. Clubs are still negotiating. Givet going hinges on this.

Thomas - Andy expecting this one to happen. Good move.

There are also 2 other players being chased, not sure of names yet. One of them might be a loan so that one can wait till next week.

Jerome Thomas eh? he'd be great in the Championship, Pacy, eye for the cross and can score. It looks like This opens up the Odemwingie Transfer for us. All the bridge burning he did last weekend, looks like he gets his wish to go to QPR with us getting Hoilett plus cash. It a cheek I know, but, could you give some info on Hoilett as a player please?

Jerome Thomas eh? he'd be great in the Championship, Pacy, eye for the cross and can score. It looks like This opens up the Odemwingie Transfer for us. All the bridge burning he did last weekend, looks like he gets his wish to go to QPR with us getting Hoilett plus cash. It a cheek I know, but, could you give some info on Hoilett as a player please?

Pacy, good with the ball at his feet, great shot on him. He will get goals if he gets games.

Not the best crosser of the ball but when he's switched over to the left and cuts inside he is scarily good.

You'll need him interested though.

EDIT: The post below alludes to what I meant by the 'need him interested part'

When fit and motivated, excellent and exciting attacking player.

Good on the ball and chips in with a few goals.

But more often than not, lazy and fades in and out of games.

Has done zilch for QPR so far.

Archived