BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Rekik will allow Olsson to move forwards to mid at least until King comes back. He also provides cover at CB. Hes a good player, I am increasingly impressed with Appleton and I will be honest and say I had my reservations. Olsson certainly would add more quality to mid, whilst still providing a little bite (for a wide player!). if this is Appletons intention I wont be so upset if the Thomas loan doesnt happen (still would like him though its not looking likely).

Just need a right mid/wide player and a cm.

The Everton lad wouldn't have got within a million miles of a move to Rovers not long ago. The City lad appears to be one that they rate and not a player we have a realistic chance of taking permanently if we wanted to. I'm not keen on us being used as a nursery club even if it is mutually beneficial.

I like Appleton and think he deserves our trust. He appears to be working with what he has been given which equates to an alarming drop in quality player recruitment wise.

Appleton talking about Rekik and also hopes to sign another player tomorrow :

AUDIO: Blackburn manager, Michael Appleton on being close to signing Man City's Karim Rekik @bbclanc... http://boo.fm/b1211905 via@audioboo

Wonder who it is ? Bentley ? Thomas ? Whoever it is I hope they can play wide right.

For all his lack of a brain more often than not, i think Rochina we should have just kept on. Razak is a quality young player, but so is Rochina. As frustrating as Rochina was, those are the type of players we need, who can do something out of nothing. I think MA is changing our style back to the days of Sam and Sparky, where we become a hard working unit, rather than individuals who will cost us games. Whether we go up or not this season, you have to feel positive with Appleton right now

I hope there's a definite clause to buy in these loans. There's nothing worse than getting a player in on loan and him being fantastic only to lose him at the end of the season, Jermaine Jones is a prime example of this.

Campbell will sign permanently for sure, Bentley prob will as well. Resik wont but will probably be loaned back to us next season. Thomas will join us in the summer on a free transfer. Not sure about CKR.

Archived