BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough 15:00 Saturday March 2nd 2013

In a nutshell! That is my biggest concern with Appleton's management. I can't see anything improving until that is changed.

I cannot work out why we signed Campbell , doesn't appear to bring anything to the table ...

There is a theory he will replace Rhodes next season , well someone will have too but I hope to god , it is not Campbell.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he gave everyone 10 games' grace?

Valid point, most new managers offer the "clean slate". The next month will reveal the real MA since he has clearly drawn his line in the sand. I do still worry about influences behind the scenes - the lack of substitutions is a long standing theme.

Valid point, most new managers offer the "clean slate". The next month will reveal the real MA since he has clearly drawn his line in the sand. I do still worry about influences behind the scenes - the lack of substitutions is a long standing theme.

:blink:

BTW is it a coincidence the performances have dipped since Orr was recalled?

I was thinking that myself, Orr strikes me as being a loud voice in the dressing room, funny enough when we got rid last time morale seemed to improve. All you need is one that starts with the attitude and it will spread like wildfire.

Unbelievable defence of a talentless shirker. Does your seat face the pitch baz?

Murphy is getting stick like Andrews, Wilcox, Atkins and a few others. Im not saying he's good. I'm saying that if you watched the game the real culprit was Orr, and the tactics. Whilst Lowe may put a shift in, he isnt good enough to play in a central 2 in midfield, against a opposition 3.

• Backroom

Murphy is getting stick like Andrews, Wilcox, Atkins and a few others. Im not saying he's good. I'm saying that if you watched the game the real culprit was Orr, and the tactics. Whilst Lowe may put a shift in, he isnt good enough to play in a central 2 in midfield, against a opposition 3.

Absolute nonsense. Murphy gets stick because he doesn't put the effort in - simple as that. He's paid a fortune and can't even be bothered to put a tackle in - it's not just that his legs are gone, it's obvious from the 6 or 7 times I've seen him live this season as well as the times we've been on TV that he just can't be bothered. He sulks around the pitch like he's too good for the club.

Andrews, Wilcox and Atkins were all booed unfairly. They were players of limited talent but they tried their hardest. Murphy's talent at this point is questionable but the big difference is his work ethic, which is a disgrace - and as a result he gets deservedly jeered.

I felt sorry for him yesterday, in a "he can't play at this level anymore" type way. He's never been a hard tackling midfielder but he should be dictating the tempo of the game with quick sharp passes, and bringing others into play. He's done it in glimses but I just think he's a spent force.

BTW is it a coincidence the performances have dipped since Orr was recalled?

I was thinking that myself, Orr strikes me as being a loud voice in the dressing room, funny enough when we got rid last time morale seemed to improve. All you need is one that starts with the attitude and it will spread like wildfire.

I think Appleton made a massive mistake bringing him back. Appleton probably thought he'd be a leader on the pitch, but in reality he's just a dick.

If I felt he was really trying and just couldn't do it at this level but had to keep playing for that testimonial like players had to when I was young, I'd feel sorry too, but that's not the point. the guy is taking a fortune from our club to do a job. If he can't do it, then he shouldn't be getting paid for it. we might not be able to get rid without paying a fortune, but we sure as heck don't have to pay appearance bonuses or win bonuses or whatever so he shouldn't be on the park. Basic salary if we can't afford to get rid. He is, and has been all season, the only player I've really ever, in all the years I've been watching football, wanted to boo on a consistent basis. I don't, but only because I am a well-brought up lady. there are times when i wish I wasn't and watching Murphy's current brand of football is one of them.

Orr is a separate issue. He's useless and gobby and supported Kean and is everything we dislike in a journeyman footballer. He has the attitude of a prima donna and none of the attributes. Should be shipped out now on loan cos there'd be someone who'd take him. Bare bones or not, he is not worth having around.

Lowe played noticeably better once Jones came on - not good enough perhaps but willing to run and showed that with a decent partner he might be able to do more of a job than he's been doing so far. He also doesn't have then influence or attitude the other 2 have. and we can't get rid of everyone!

The only real positive I can take from the game was the fact that Appleton hooked off the three main culprits for the first half debacle at half time. All three goals found their source down our right-hand side, for which the blame should be attached to both Orr and Bentley in my opinion. We all know Orr is a very average player at best and he showed that again today with some terrible defending. But in fairness Bentley offered very little support in tracking back to help defend that side which didn't help matters. Although probably the greatest offender was Murphy, who look totally disinterested. I've given him the benefit of the doubt on some of his poor performances this season and haven't been so quickly to regarded him useless as so many others on here have. But his performance yesterday totally convinced me that he doesn't seem motivated at all. One moment summed this up perfectly for me its when there was more or less a 50:50 ball in midfield and Murphy was actually in front of the opposition player but he didn't even bother to try and put his body in the way to block the player getting through to the ball, he just let him jog past him and collect the ball. Things like that are very unprofessional, I don't just put it down to him being old or his "legs having gone", I know age is a factor but the best players make allowances for this and don't let a lack of pace effect their game.

The man of the match announcement of new signing David Jones, who was only on the pitch for forty-five minutes was brilliant as well. Like a big middle finger upto Murphy. This lad has only just joined the club yet managed to show more in one half of football than he has all season long. I must admit I was impressed with Jones, plenty of aggression (yes some tackling in midfield) and he also looked comfortable on the ball. The sort of commanding midfield we've lacked all season, shame it's took us till March to find one.

• Moderation Lead

Absolute horsesh1t in the first half.

To be fair, the main culprits as someone pointed out above were hauled off. If Murphy and Orr play for the club again it will be too soon. A lack of ability can be forgiven, any lack of application or effort cannot.

it's disheartening to hear it was yet again the worst performance anyone remembers. I've lost count the amount of times in the last two years this record has been broken, anyone know how many worst performance there have been this year? anyone think we will sink further and do the impossible and put in an even worse performance? it would be quite an achievement if this team can do it again, it must be an easier task just to play good and get into the play offs

Parsons,

Each time I read your match reports, it mirrors exactly what I have seen, keep them coming, you obviously know your football, some on here dont and thats not being nasty, you have the ability to understand what occured in a game and put it on this messageboard clearly and Coherently.

Thanks for the report!

Part of a clubs recruitment policy should not only be to look at the footballing merits of a player and how he will fit into the team but also the mental fortitude and personality of the players concerned.

It's fairly clear that we never even bothered with the first two of these never mind the third and have therefore had several bad eggs thrown on our direction by clubs happy to be rid.

The only solution is a mass clear out in the summer and recruiting some sound individuals willing to work and battle even if their ability may be lacking.

Problem is as we all know the there is only one way type club is going with the current owners and that is Div 4 and financial oblivion.

Part of a clubs recruitment policy should not only be to look at the footballing merits of a player and how he will fit into the team but also the mental fortitude and personality of the players concerned.

It's fairly clear that we never even bothered with the first two of these never mind the third and have therefore had several bad eggs thrown on our direction by clubs happy to be rid.

The only solution is a mass clear out in the summer and recruiting some sound individuals willing to work and battle even if their ability may be lacking.

Problem is as we all know the there is only one way the club is going with the current owners and that is Div 4 and financial oblivion.

Squad numbers for the second half totalled 240 yesterday.

Is there some significance to that mate?

I know it's not the thing to concentrate on but what a fine goal it was by Rhodes by the way. Out of nothing. Feel sorry for him being lumbered with a basket case club like ours.

I feel sorry for him, for having to listen to shebbys bullshit that subsequently got him to come here.

Parsons,

Each time I read your match reports, it mirrors exactly what I have seen, keep them coming, you obviously know your football, some on here dont and thats not being nasty, you have the ability to understand what occured in a game and put it on this messageboard clearly and Coherently.

Thanks for the report!

Parson Blue is the new Peter White.

Lot of additions since squad numbers issued at start of season. Reinforcing the fact that what we had was not good enough. Not that what we have now is much better.

Mate.

OY, I hope that's wasn't a "Mate" as in "there ya go, that told you........mate" - I was only asking.

If not fair doos. But yes, good point nonetheless.

Archived