SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One of Venky's entourage has died today

den

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Probably best for me not to comment much, except to say it's unfortunate for any family members left behind who could be adversely affected by this death.

Edit: Now that more details have emerged, of course my sincere condolences. RIP.

• Backroom

You meet him in Pune Tom?

No den I don't know the bloke, have seen his twitter account quite often he's local I think

Marc had some sort of seizure as we were preparing to leave before the roads were sealed by police.

Police, stewards, and paramedices all did their best to give CPR until the ambulance arrived.

Unfortunately it was just not meant to be.

I had been talking to him shortly before the game and he was in a good mood. He was dropping hints to get a couple of Wembley tickets should we meet his beloved Everton in one of the FA Cup rounds.

Marc was a good driver. A good friend. And a thoroughly decent human being who never had a bad word to say about anybody.

Many Rovers fans will never know how much they owe to Marc. As somebody local(ish) and close to the family on their visits to the area he was one of the few who would be asked for an opinion on local matters. The family knew that he had no hidden agenda and that he would provide honest opinions to them. He said it like he saw it and it was impossible to be offended be his charming honesty.

We had a bad loss tonight on the field so I know there won't be any celebrations going on. But if you do go out for a quick pint, please raise your glass to Marcus Smith. He's the friend which you never knew that you had.

The 2nd person works for the Rovers-fire Marshall?

There was less concern about him.

He's fine. Will be back home tonight hopefully.

Marc had some sort of seizure as we were preparing to leave before the roads were sealed by police.

Very sad. RIP.

But what an escape by the Venky's. It could have been much worse. I am not being facetious but if the incident had occurred 5 mins later it's likely their car would no doubt have been doing 80mph down the M65.

Archived