BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One of Venky's entourage has died today

den

Very sad. RIP.

But what an escape by the Venky's. It could have been much worse. I am not being facetious but if the incident had occurred 5 mins later it's likely their car would no doubt have been doing 80mph down the M65.

77mph in the Burnley direction

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know, was the driver actually a rovers fan?

If so then id have thought it would definitely be worth some kind of Acknowledgement at the next home game(minutes silence...)

Don't be daft. Rovers fans pass away every week.

• Backroom

In which case 'nyah nyah nyahhhhh' to theno ;)

Well done you were correct about how and where a man lost his life

It's always sad to hear of someone dieing, even more so when it's a young person with a child.

However if the Raos truely wish to show their respects quietly attending the funeral would seem far more appropriate than laying a wreath at a football match.

It's always sad to hear of someone dieing, even more so when it's a young person with a child.

However if the Raos truely wish to show their respects quietly attending the funeral would seem far more appropriate than laying a wreath at a football match.

Hear hear. Far more appropriate. Who do you think will be advising them to do the wreath option?

• Backroom

Not sure what people are missing here. Someone died at Ewood on matchday. When that happens, there's generally a wreath laid at pitchside in remembrance at the next game.

Why are some people against such a gesture for this guy? He wasn't a fan but he died at our ground. The club (and venkys) paying their respects in the usual way is fine surely?

Not sure what people are missing here. Someone died at Ewood on matchday. When that happens, there's generally a wreath laid at pitchside in remembrance at the next game.

Why are some people against such a gesture for this guy? He wasn't a fan but he died at our ground. The club (and venkys) paying their respects in the usual way is fine surely?

I've been watching football for 48 years and have never heard of a pitch side wreath being laid after a fan dies at the game. Many years ago the guy in front of me in Nuttall Street collapsed and died. I don't recall a wreath being laid for him.

Marc was at work, it just happens he was driving the Raos and was waiting outside the ground. If he had been a taxi driver picking up a fare at Ewood would a wreath be laid?

My concerns are two-fold, the Raos public display with a wreath laying is at best inappropriate and secondly it's likely there will be a minutes silence / applause. Neither seem appropriate to me in this instance.

• Backroom

It's happened for quite a few people hasn't it? I'd always assumed such gestures were widely practised in England :S Certainly wreaths were laid at Ewood (game vs Hull a few years back?) and a wreath was laid at Stoke for our fan who died there (by Stoke).

Anyhoop, assuming I'm wrong (I probably am, anyway) what is wrong with them paying their respects in such a way?

I don't say you're wrong Mike. I'm just questioning the motivation behind a wreath laying by the Raos. I can't help but feel such a public display is comparable with the manner of their arrival for the Charlton game.

I don't think these people have any understanding of how to behave in public, in private or in business. Those who do go about things in a quiet, dignified manner.

Archived