BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could have gone I would have, circumstance prevents that, anyone who says the same is fine by me, but what is going to change at a club where 10k show up for a quarterfinal? You think someone will invest 30m in that sinkhole, or that new players will be tempted? We have been ravaged by mismanagement, but if we make this year zero we should consider ourselves fortunate to have someone paying 35k a week to players, even if they are crap.

All I want is for this club to exist in the future, with support like that...it won't.

The club won't exist in the future at all if Venkys stay in control, and if we all kept going and ploughing money into the club then that will give them another reason to stay.

The football served up tonight was abysmal, the manager hasn't got a clue and in general the club is a joke.

After what they've put us through in the last few years, are you really surprised that the level of apathy from the supporters is the way it is?

I couldn't go tonight because I couldn't get a babysitter, delighted that I never went, and I won't be going again for a long time because it was too painful to watch.

Expressing a view doesn't mean that you are on to wind people up. This board became a one view medium long ago, maybe people should take a step back and do a review of the entire club now. If we want to improve then what has to happen?

Would you say that your an egregious type of person Eddie?

premeditated rape on sunday if tonight's anything to go by, "we huffed and puffed but the ball did'nt fall our way" i believe is what appy just said..........should have been "i got it very wrong tonight and i apologise to our strikers, the jobs too much for me i resign"

we are still heading further down the pan it seems. can only think this is by some design.it does not make sense. the terrible ownership,@#/? poor management,inept tactics,awful player attitudes (some). Even the pitch is a disgrace. Very,very sad tonight.

So a threadbare stadium is the reason why the players couldn't even string a pass together and kept lumping it into no man's land? Nothing to do with tactics, organisation, that kind of thing? Yes, the turnout was poor but it's hardly surprising given the state of the club and can't be blamed for that diabolical performance.

I'm not directing the blame at the supporters for how the team played or for the management over the club, both of those topics have and will be covered ad nauseum, but this needs to be spoken about. We just had 10k show up for a winnable quarterfinal. You can say what you want about reasons for walking away, there are many legitimate ones, but if you do care about the club and want it to exist then you have to take a seriously look at how stayaways might impact the future.

Middle of the month, 3 days notice to get a ticket on the back end of a diabolical match at The Den and your hitting out at fans?

3 times we have been played off the park by Millwall this season and your blaming the fans?

Give your head a wobble

Well i watched the match on ESPN in Croatia, shocking thats all i can say, just lump the ball forward and see what happens, Appleton needs to get a grip big time.

Absolutely. There's no Kean or Anderson anymore, if you can't get yourself out for one match that could make a tremendous difference to this club then what are you calling yourself a supporter for?

i take it you where there if it was that big a match that could make a difference

Total rubbish over both games. We don't have a clue. Long balls from back to front that we never win. Throw ins where we actually give the ball to the opposition. I was prepared to give Appleton a chance but no longer. You don't have to be Einstein to see that our style of play doesn't work. Resign Appleton, your a waste of space.

As far as the players are concerned, the top and bottom of it is, they can't play. They have no ball control, they can't pass the ball, and they do far too much ball watching. They surrendered the whole of the mid field area to Millwall.

Felt sorry for Dunny. I'm not a fan of his but he was the only one who cared.

Watching that was the nearest thing to self harming that I have experienced. Our teams in the old third division days were better than this shower.

• Backroom

I'm not directing the blame at the supporters for how the team played or for the management over the club, both of those topics have and will be covered ad nauseum, but this needs to be spoken about. We just had 10k show up for a winnable quarterfinal. You can say what you want about reasons for walking away, there are many legitimate ones, but if you do care about the club and want it to exist then you have to take a seriously look at how stayaways might impact the future.

Perhaps the people who didn't go were smart enough to realise the game wasn't winnable under Appleton or this sad excuse of a team.

we are still heading further down the pan it seems. can only think this is by some design.it does not make sense. the terrible ownership,@#/? poor management,inept tactics,awful player attitudes (some). Even the pitch is a disgrace. Very,very sad tonight.

Didnt 'apless leave Blackpool because of their pitch? heres hoping.

Middle of the month, 3 days notice to get a ticket on the back end of a diabolical match at The Den and your hitting out at fans?

3 times we have been played off the park by Millwall this season and your blaming the fans?

Give your head a wobble

Well i watched the match on ESPN in Croatia, shocking thats all i can say, just lump the ball forward and see what happens, Appleton needs to get a grip big time.

Played off the park - really ?

Don't get me wrong I expect far more - but tonight we weren't played off the park.

Having said that - I totally agree about the "lump up field" - the few times we got it down and played we created chances. Injuries have played a part - but Appleton has to take some of the blame for his tactics - Sam like tactics, but not played anywhere near as effectively,

BTW - devastated

Ashamed of our own supporters tonight. That sort of attendance at an occasion like that is pathetic. Say what you want about the owners, players and management, but that is shameful.

Your comments would have been less offensive tonight if you had have actually attended the game. You must be a fool not to realise that. I didn't go tonight because I've had enough, I'd had enough over a year ago. I take my hat off to those who did.

I'm not directing the blame at the supporters for how the team played or for the management over thy is GIVETe club, both of those topics have and will be covered ad nauseum, but this needs to be spoken about. We just had 10k show up for a winnable quarterfinal. You can say what you want about reasons for walking away, there are many legitimate ones, but if you do care about the club and want it to exist then you have to take a seriously look at how stayaways might impact the future.

Dosent matter a jot it ten turn up, the team are professionals or they are supposed to be, bad tactics cost us the game, why GIVET is not in the team is beyond me, has to be better than some today.

But you don't seem to understand that the two are intrinsically linked, Eddie. You can't continue alienate the fanbase with one shambolic decision after another like the owners have done for two years straight and then expect fans to be climbing over one another based on one game. Let's be honest, Rovers have never been known for their hardcore numbers, have they? Even when we were an established PL club we still had to offer cheap seats to get people through the gates. We're a small town club whose had its moment in the sun and whose catchment area contends with far bigger and more popular clubs than ourselves. So, knowing that fact, and considering all that Venky's have wrought to drive away supporters, what else were you honestly expecting?

Well the only positive to take from this is that we don't have the distraction of a FA cup Semi final and we can focus solely on the league. Rovers aren't safe yet and relegation down to League One really would be disastrous.

As far as I could tell the tactics from the first game were:

- Launch the ball to up front, Shittu and Beevers dominate and we create nothing.

And the tactics from the second game were:

- Launch the ball to up front, Shittu and Beevers dominate and we create nothing.

That a fair summing up?

Archived