BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

Should be really excited for this game, but thanks to our absolutely shocking form since beating Arsenal am only mildly interested now. Only Rovers could almost completely destroy my interest in the club potentially going to Wembley through sheer ineptitude.

Might feel a bit more excited come Sunday, I suppose.

I sincerely hope that nWo is prevalent come 4pm Sunday! ;-)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to the game, those travelling independently, who intend having a drink, we are apparantly welcome at The Barrow Boy & Banker, Borough High Street, London SE1 9QQ. It's close to London Bridge.

You might be 'welcome'. It is the leaving afterwards why eyes need to be peeled. That applies from London Bridge to the Den. Millwall fans also know of the transport issues.

I own and rent out two flats in the area - did have three. My advice when talking to each other, whisper. A northern accent is a bit of a give away. Sadly some idiots see this as an oportunity to enhance their thugery attitude.

I will be staying over night with one of my tenants, who is also a friend and one of my lawyers of ten years - also is a millwall fan. I used to live in Bermondsey. So know how to get there safe as I know various routes to take, back streets etc. But to describe these is beyond me on a message board. I know route, but names of streets, no idea. But advise no colours, careful where drinking and talking. I have said drink in London Bridge recently - not now. I suggest, go straight to ground, forget drink till in the ground.

Prior to the game, those travelling independently, who intend having a drink, we are apparantly welcome at The Barrow Boy & Banker, Borough High Street, London SE1 9QQ. It's close to London Bridge.

In Borough market is a fantastic pub for real ale drinkers - expensive though. Smallest bar in London - 4ft. On another day - not football day. It is a place to go for those who like bottled beers. it is called the Rake. Not on a sunday though. I will be in the harp at Charing Cross and make my way from there with my tenant.

You might be 'welcome'. It is the leaving afterwards why eyes need to be peeled. That applies from London Bridge to the Den. Millwall fans also know of the transport issues.

I own and rent out two flats in the area - did have three. My advice when talking to each other, whisper. A northern accent is a bit of a give away. Sadly some idiots see this as an oportunity to enhance their thugery attitude.

I will be staying over night with one of my tenants, who is also a friend and one of my lawyers of ten years - also is a millwall fan. I used to live in Bermondsey. So know how to get there safe as I know various routes to take, back streets etc. But to describe these is beyond me on a message board. I know route, but names of streets, no idea. But advise no colours, careful where drinking and talking. I have said drink in London Bridge recently - not now. I suggest, go straight to ground, forget drink till in the ground.

Stop buggering about PAFELL, send me a PM and I'd be grateful of any advice where to meet up.

Goes without saying as a group of upstanding middle agers, we'll all be equipped with false beards, dark glasses, flasks of Rosie Lea and flat caps and whippets will have been left at home! ;-)

The last time we played at The New Den we parked-up in a nearby street without much trouble (ie finding a spot ....not fighting!). This time, because of the greater attendance expected I'm thinking it may be a little more difficult. I have done a bit of research and decided this time to head for the Surrey Quays Shopping Center. It's about a 10mins walk away, and allows 4hrs free parking.

Before I clicked the link I was hoping that this was Millwall fans organising a protest related to their recent poor form. That, as we well know, would have played right into our hands. ;-)

Stop buggering about PAFELL, send me a PM and I'd be grateful of any advice where to meet up.

Goes without saying as a group of upstanding middle agers, we'll all be equipped with false beards, dark glasses, flasks of Rosie Lea and flat caps and whippets will have been left at home! ;-)

:lol:

There's some top tips from Lee Mack regarding "blending in" with the locals on YouTube under "Lee Mack (Cockney) Live 2007". I'm sure it will be a massive help for those travelling tomorrow.

I'd paste the link but there's loads of ******* swearing in it. So there's your warning children.

Best has said he's starting tomorrow - how has he been looking?

I don't think anyone has seen enough of him lately to form a solid opinion TBH, he's a strong chap and will make life hard for the opposition defence though and hopefully this will help Rhodes out too. Just hope we aren;t rushing him at all.

Best has said he's starting tomorrow - how has he been looking?

He looked a lot smaller than I thought, I was shocked.

There's some top tips from Lee Mack regarding "blending in" with the locals on YouTube under "Lee Mack (Cockney) Live 2007". I'm sure it will be a massive help for those travelling tomorrow.

You do realise he does more 'cockney' later on in the act and ends up getting 'decked' :lol:

I'd paste the link but there's loads of ******* swearing in it. So there's your warning children.

Rovers fan as well. That sitcom he's in is tragic though it has to be said.

The last time we played at The New Den we parked-up in a nearby street without much trouble (ie finding a spot ....not fighting!). This time, because of the greater attendance expected I'm thinking it may be a little more difficult. I have done a bit of research and decided this time to head for the Surrey Quays Shopping Center. It's about a 10mins walk away, and allows 4hrs free parking.

From there the quickest route would take you down Bolina Road.

Have a look at street view on google maps, definitely a road to avoid, the stuff of nightmares.

I have just spoken to London Transport information and there is a replacement bus service from London Bridge to South Bermondsey. You will need to ask an attendant at London Bridge where this departs from.

Nice piece in today's Mirror by our very own Nicko about Dave Whelan's oft lamented Cup Final broken leg - in the days before substitutes were allowed.

What a gent Tom Finney was, refusing to take the ball past Whelan in one of his comeback games. ("You've had a lot of bad luck lately, son, I want you to finish this game". Class).

You can't imagine players diving to get each other booked or sent off in those days.

Seems to be a bit too much scaremongering on here about tomorrow. There is a line between having justifiable reservations and outright scaremongering.

I have a mate who is a Rovers fan from Blackburn who now lives near London Bridge. I've just spoken to him about London Bridge. He says we have nothing to worry about drinking around there. I will be meeting him there. It's not even a millwall area. He says we don't need to whisper in the pubs! He suggests getting taxis from there to ground.

However I do have my reservations about after the game if we win, given millwall have previous for not taking too kindly to losing big games! (birmingham play offs)

I'm coming down on the train, and ain't really got the foggiest how to get back. Follow the crowd and hope for the best!

COYB. Big game ahead, hard-work, courage and determination required in abundance. Hopefully we can sneak through, but I am far from confident. With a poorly mother I am staying away due to it being Mothering Sunday, but hope the rest of our travelling fans have an amazing and successful trip / day out.

On a related theme, Wigan 3 up at Everton.

A great draw potentially for us, bet the FA will be cacking themselves at the thought of a televised Rovers v Wigan semi at Wembley and a 25k crowd.

There'll be some serious "warming up" of the semi final balls if that is a realistic prospect.

:huh:

On a related theme, Wigan 3 up at Everton.

A great draw potentially for us, bet the FA will be cacking themselves at the thought of a televised Rovers v Wigan semi at Wembley and a 25k crowd.

There'll be some serious "warming up" of the semi final balls if that is a realistic prospect.

:huh:

If ever a draw was to be fixed it would be that one lol It would be great for football and the smaller clubs but no way would the corporate suits and tv companys want only 40k in wembley and poor viewing figures. We'd both be tailor made to feed to the big sides in the semi's and keep them apart.

I'm convinced the draw was rigged in one of our semi finals a few years ago for us to meet Man Utd and avoid a similar 2 smaller clubs scenario. I think it was the Carling Cup.

The "balls" were huge black cubes with white numbering on and were drawn straight out of the top of the Cup itself instead of a sealed container with the person doing the draw looking down directly at them!

Archived