BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

Can't get excited about this, I'd swap a win tomorrow for 3 points in the league.

Really? The league is gone now. Getting to the semi would be a memorable occassion.

The rest of this season is all about the cup now. A semi final appearance at Wembley would be amazing, surely!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't decide if i want us to win tomorrow knowing we'd probably get slaughtered embarrassingly in the semi. I suspect we have only one chance to beat Millwall so I'd rather do it in the league I think, the way the table is at the moment.

Really? The league is gone now. Getting to the semi would be a memorable occassion.

The rest of this season is all about the cup now. A semi final appearance at Wembley would be amazing, surely!

You think so ? I'm not looking up, I'm looking over our shoulder. I think the fight to stay in this League is just beginning and any fighting ability went out of this club two years ago.

I think getting to Wembley, even for a semi-final we might get thrashed in would be a great morale boost for fans and players. I think the likelyhood is that we will finish solid midtable and not much better or worse. A nice little trip to wembley could be exactly what the team needs for a little boost. Plus it would be another game it doesn't cost me a fortune to get to!!

• Backroom

You think so ? I'm not looking up, I'm looking over our shoulder. I think the fight to stay in this League is just beginning and any fighting ability went out of this club two years ago.

Have to agree, I'd take 3 points in the league right now considering our dire form and the increasing closeness of the teams below us.

Nah we're fine relegation wise. I know we're on a poor run, but consider this:

2011-12: 41 points for safety

2010-11: 43 points

2009-10: 48 points

2008-09: 47 points

We're sat in 16th place on 45 points and still 10 games to play. We will pick up points between now and the end of the season. Absolutely no chance of us going down.

Enjoy the cup, it might be the last time we have this opportunity for a long time.

• Backroom

We often say we would rather have 3 points but Seeing as its not an either or situation I'm just hoping we win tomorrow

No idea how to call it, 2 awful teams at present both thinking this is the best chance of a semi final they will get in years

Seeing as they beat us at Ewood I'm expecting a 2-0 home win

Can't get excited about this, I'd swap a win tomorrow for 3 points in the league.

I wouldn't , I would rather we beat them in the cup, and lose in the league, than the other way round. Having said that It would be great to win both.

Have a spare ticket if anyone is interested.

Getting to/from this game will be a living hell. Not only is South Bermondsey closed but the Overground south of Surrey Quays is closed AND there are four sets of road works east of London Bridge so the buses are completely screwed up as well....

Great preview by the way.

I think City will win the cup now that they are out of the Title race. If we get through tomorrow then I will only go to the semi final if we play either City/United/Chelsea otherwise it is not worth paying all that money to watch a game against Wigan, especially as that is the team we are most likely to beat and I feel we would have a decent chance of beating them as they are concentrating on avoiding relegation. Then I would just have to pay for final tickets again.

Cannot understand Rovers fans any more.

This is the Quarter Final of the FA Cup

THIS IS OUR BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON SO FAR

The League is over folks. It is a dead league for Rovers, it is deceased, it is an ex-League.

Whereas the Cup, we are still in it and could be on for a semi-final place again. WOOHOO

I am excited even if you dull as ditchwater short planks aren't.

The League is over folks. It is a dead league for Rovers, it is deceased, it is an ex-League.

Whereas the Cup, we are still in it and could be on for a semi-final place again. WOOHOO

Share the sentiment Philip, if perhaps not quite as strongly.

Honestly, if the very real possibility of a cup semi-final at Wembley stirs no interest whatsoever, then perhaps it's time to look for a new hobby. That's not a dig at all, genuinely it would probably be more worthwhile investing time and emotion into something else that might give something in return.

Nah we're fine relegation wise. I know we're on a poor run, but consider this:

2011-12: 41 points for safety

2010-11: 43 points

2009-10: 48 points

2008-09: 47 points

We're sat in 16th place on 45 points and still 10 games to play. We will pick up points between now and the end of the season. Absolutely no chance of us going down.

Enjoy the cup, it might be the last time we have this opportunity for a long time.

It should actually have been 48 points in 2012.

In 2008 you needed 53 to be safe.

In 2005 you needed 51 points.

Looking at the current table this season after 37 games compared to the previous years at the same point, I would wager that 49 points would send you down. Yep it's only 2 wins but if we get doen to the situation where one of them is either the final home game or away at Birmingham then it would become seriously squeaky.

(not that I'm not seriously looking forward to a potential cup semi though !)

• Backroom

Honestly, if the very real possibility of a cup semi-final at Wembley stirs no interest whatsoever, then perhaps it's time to look for a new hobby. That's not a dig at all, genuinely it would probably be more worthwhile investing time and emotion into something else that might give something in return.

Like a maths assignment? :P

(only kidding pal...)

I am. Local Derby tomorrow. Oldham Roughyheads v Rochdale Hornets, Rugby League. It'll probably be more exciting watching 'em blow the balls up for this game than the Millwall v Rovers game. And 34 guys will definitely be busting a gut to win and bodies will definitely be laid on the line.

P

Agree 100% Phillip, glad to see your positivity, after some of your posts recently I thought you were losing the faith or had depression. :xmas:

Will be great to see Leon Best back tomorrow and is one of the reasons why i think we'll win. Imo he's our most important player and we have suffered badly without him this season.

He can hold the ball up, bring midfield players into play, win headers, provide a physical presence and score a goal. Rhodes has done incredibly well this season but his hold up play isn't great. The ball just hasnt stuck up front enough for us this season. That is also the fault of our midfielders but the strikers aren't free of blame. This has contributed to giving away possession to easily and being on the backfoot for many games.

tbf, CKR has done a decent job in Best`s absence but has been a bit hit and miss. Indeed, it's no coincidence that when CKR has played well this season Rovers have invariably done well. Such an important job up there for many different reasons.

Will be great to see Leon Best back tomorrow and is one of the reasons why i think we'll win. Imo he's our most important player and we have suffered badly without him this season.

He can hold the ball up, bring midfield players into play, win headers, provide a physical presence and score a goal. Rhodes has done incredibly well this season but his hold up play isn't great. The ball just hasnt stuck up front enough for us this season. That is also the fault of our midfielders but the strikers aren't free of blame. This has contributed to giving away possession to easily and being on the backfoot for many games.

tbf, CKR has done a decent job in Best`s absence but has been a bit hit and miss. Indeed, it's no coincidence that when CKR has played well this season Rovers have invariably done well. Such an important job up there for many different reasons.

that's a lot of praise for a player who hasn't even played a game for us yet and was only a bit part player(at best!) at Newcastle, hope he does turn out a good signing though.

Rovers to win tomorrow, it's written in the stars.

Got £33.33 on them to win 3-1 at 30/1.

Sometimes, you just run with your gut feel and this gut feel is pretty strong.

that's a lot of praise for a player who hasn't even played a game for us yet and was only a bit part player(at best!) at Newcastle, hope he does turn out a good signing though.

After watching him in pre-season thought he looked a decent player - since we got Rhodes been looking forward to the day they started together. However - worried it may be too soon for him.

Archived